Start by marking “A Groom for Greta (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Groom for Greta (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #3)

A Groom for Greta (Amish Brides of Celery Fields #3)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  118 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Everyone in their small Amish community expects Greta Goodloe to marry her longtime sweetheart--Greta included. So when he publicly ends their engagement, in front of newcomer Luke Starns no less, she is utterly humiliated. At least she can take comfort in matchmaking between Luke and her quiet schoolmarm sister. Yet the more she tries to throw them together, the more Luke ...more
Published October 2nd 2012 by Love Inspired Historical (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Groom for Greta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Groom for Greta

Barbara
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amish, kindle, netgalley, own
I have enjoyed each book in this series, but this one made me cry. This is definitely my favorite! I can't wait to read Lydia's story. Thank you Anna.
Diana McVicker
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet love story. Highly recommend this book!!
Michele Benchouk
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storage
Lovely story with an unexpected twist that really makes you gulp. Liked it so much that I'm reading the rest in the series right away!
Rhonda
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

I had a smile for most of the book. So Yes I recommend this book.
Greta Goodloe live in the Amish town of Celery Fields. It is tough time durning the great depression. Greta is thinking that tomorrow her banns to Josep will be read in church. They have been dating for five years.
Josep is walking her home when he stops and says he can't marry her. Greta says if you want to wait another a year she guess it will be alright. Josep says never and walks away.
Greta realized he was serious and tha
Andrea Guy
This was one of the best romances I've read in a long time. I couldn't put it down until I finished reading it and considering that it is 280 pages, well that's really saying something. Lately I've been having a hard time reading books the length of a Harlequin Romance!

So what was it about this story that made it stand out from all the others I've been reading

Greta, Lydia and Luke were really engaging characters. Greta at first seems a little flighty and flirty but that isn't the case really. Sh
Abbie
Greta finds herself dumped by her fiancé in the middle of the street and only the blacksmith Luke heard it happen. Trying to save herself some embarrassment she asks Luke to not tell anyone and when she finds out he is interested in courting her sister she offers to help thinking it would take the eyes off her. The problem is she finds Luke interesting as well. Luke moved to the area to start over. Now that his business is doing well he figures its time to find a wife and Greta’s older sister se ...more
Maureen Timerman
Dec 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
When Greta Goodloe is disengaged by her Amish Fiancé in the middle of the street...she is beyond tears. Luke, the local blacksmith witnesses what happens, and consoles Greta. Luke has seen Greta around, but he is new to the area of Celery Fields FL.
Luke thinks he would like a relationship with Greta's sister Lydia. He begins to think that this young woman, will be his sister-in-law, and may end up living with them?? He is really dreaming ahead!
Lydia does agree to go to a Sunday Night Singing wi
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Trying to play matchmaker ends up changing this main characters life! I gave this book 5/5 stars. I liked the relationships of the two main characters, Greta and Luke. I liked how the conversations flowed and were actually real to life. I enjoyed the Amish setting and think it made the story more memorable. I would recommend this book for anyone looking for an entertaining romance between two likable characters. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will definitely read it again.

I would like to th
Lisa

This wasn't so bad for me. It was just okay, in my opinion.

The writing was okay, the author was able to paint a lovely picture of her characters for the reader and I appreciated that.

I think that the Amish are a very interesting people. The language, their lifestyle, and so on.

All very intriguing to me.

My problem though was with the time frame in which the author decided to give the hero a "sordid" past. It happened too late for me and kinda came out of nowhere and felt foolish.

Then the resolut
Kate
Aug 11, 2012 rated it liked it
This book started out slow for me, but towards the middle, it picked up speed and by the last several chapters, I had a hard time putting it down because I wanted to see what happened next!
I liked the characters. Greta and Luke were solidly portrayed, and you couldn't help but feel for them in the situations they ended up in. But, I have to say my favourite character was Lydia. She was a very compassionate soul. :)
Cathy Daniel
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give more stars!! I LOVED this book and can not believe I have not read any others by this author. I plan to rectify this soon. I loved Greta's character so much (maybe because I can relate to her. I feel so much like her. Both good and bad, Lol) The romance was sooo tender and sweet!! I cried at the end :) Happy, happy tears! READ.THIS.BOOK!!!!
Marietta Waters
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another outstanding story. Ten star rating.

I now have read two books by Anna Schmidt. They were so interesting I could hardly stop reading. A very remarkable author she is and very talented. I would recommend any of her books for you. I give this the highest star rating out there. What a talented person she is.
Mindy Bollinger
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read
Love how simple this book was to read. I read this book as the second book in the series but it was still easy to read and follow along and didn't feel lost since I read the 2nd book first by accident. I love amish book and love this one as well.
Janis Kay
Sep 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-fic
(3.5 stars) This was a nice read showing the hardships met during the depression through the eyes of the Amish.
PWRL
Oct 10, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
A
Krissie
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
a blacksmith, a fire, a pair of sisters
Christy
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish, historical
A wonderful historical series by Anna Schmidt. Greta was different in a good way.
June
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another really good story by Anna Schmidt. Enjoyed going back to Celery Fields. Couldn't put it down until I was finished.
Patricia
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very Good! I love all the Amish stories and this one was very interesting. Would love to find and read all of the other Anna Schmidt Celery Fields Amish books.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Amish Brides of Celery Fields
Category: Inspirational Romance
Marcie
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love d it. Can't wait for the nest one.
Denise Koller
Nov 23, 2014
Sharon Fowler
Jan 05, 2018
Anna Schmidt
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Stephanie
Chrissy
Oct 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 19, 2015 01:41PM
Christian Books -...: Love Inspired Historical Book Giveaway #5 1 6 Jun 09, 2015 03:51AM
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4)
  • Brush of Angel's Wings (Heaven On Earth #2)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Bliss Creek Amish #1)
  • The Cowboy's Surprise Bride (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #2)
  • Wooing the Schoolmarm (Pinewood Weddings, #1)
  • Love on the Range
  • The Quakers of New Garden
  • The Outlaw's Redemption (Charity House, #6)
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • An Amish Family Reunion (Miller Family, #4)
  • Beyond Hope's Valley (The Big Sky Series, #3)
  • Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time #2)
  • The Cowboy Lawman (Cooper Creek, #5)
  • Saving Gideon (Clover Ridge #1)
  • The Heiress's Homecoming (The Everard Legacy, #4)
Anna Schmidt is a three-time finalist for the coveted RITA award presented annually by Romance Writers of America. In addition she has been a four-time finalist for the Reviewer’s Choice Award from Romantic Times magazine—an award she has won twice. Her latest novel THE RANCHER (Book Four of her Last Chance Cowboys series) is available now. Publisher's Weekly had high praise for Anna's WWII series ...more
More about Anna Schmidt

Amish Brides of Celery Fields (4 books)
  • Hannah's Journey (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #1)
  • Family Blessings (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #2)
  • Second Chance Proposal (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #4)