Start by marking “Critical Condition (Undercover Cops, #3)” as Want to Read:
Critical Condition (Undercover Cops, #3)

Critical Condition (Undercover Cops #3)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  147 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
EVERYONE'S AT RISK There's a murderer in the hospital, and nurse Tara Peterson is determined to prove it. With mysterious deaths in the cancer ward, anyone could be next. But no one wants to believe her...except for undercover agent Zach Davis. The murderer wants Tara's suspicions silenced, permanently. To protect Tara, Zach lets her in on his secret, and unwittingly into ...more
Published October 2nd 2012 by Love Inspired (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Critical Condition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Critical Condition

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“EVERYONE'S AT RISK There's a murderer in the hospital, and nurse Tara Peterson is determined to prove it. With mysterious deaths in the cancer ward, anyone could be next. But no one wants to believe her...except for undercover agent Zach Davis. The murderer wants Tara's suspicions silenced, permanently. To protect Tara, Zach lets her in on his secret, and unwittingly into his heart. Tara and her three-year-old daughter are like the family he lost years before. Zach will risk eve
Katy Lee
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is Sandra Orchard’s third novel in her Undercover Cops series, and I when I saw the cover, a little bit of the peace that autumn offers descended upon me like the fluttering leaves themselves. But I will say peace was not the feeling I received while reading it—at least not at first.

Sandra packs every page with twists and turns, emotional highs…and more highs, and a story that equated to a medical thriller romance that felt like The Fugitive meets luuve. Best of both worlds, in my romantic
John Hanscom
All genres are somewhat formulaic, but this one was written with a template. In addition, it was not well written - one example [among many]: toward the end of the book, the female protagonist is returning to wrk and is to put her daughter in the work-provided day care. She and the male protagonist show up at her work, but there is no child. A few pages later, it was as if the author realized the child was necessary for the plot, and inserted that the female protagonist had arranged for her sist ...more
Val
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tara, Zach and even Suzie were such inspirational characters. I was totally clueless as to who the bad guy was and I'm still wandering why Alice poisoned Tara's lunch. Great read and wonderful author.
Melanie
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1AGPVT9...
Review on my blog (to be posted 10/6): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

Critical Condition is the third book in Sandra Orchard's Undercover Cops series and a great addition. Having read the first two books prior to this one, I can say that I am loving this series and hope it doesn't end with this book. One thing I particularly like (besides the fact that the cops are undercover) is that some of the previous characters appear in thi
Lisa Jamieson
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In her book Critical Condition, Sandra Orchard captures the essence of a tender heart longing to love again. While trying to unravel the sinister schemes of two tragic hospital murders, undercover cop Zach and nurse Tara secretly find themselves caught between waves of romantic tension, fear and questions about who can be trusted. With a gift for pacing, Orchard kept me engaged and curious from front to back. The relationship between Zach and Tara’s toddler daughter was so endearing, I often for ...more
Judine Brey
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Tara and Suzie are a charming mother-daughter combination that would be capable of winning any man's heart. Zach's heartfelt love for his late wife is a key to this novel and the pair coming together. That said, there are certain issues, like parenting disagreements that should be more effectively resolved by the end of the novel.
Dorel
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Sandra Orchard book I read. The storyline was a great suspense romance. I loved Tara & Zach as a couple. I loved Tara's daughter she is so cute & adorable. That is so evil to kill off patients in the hospital, the killer got what they deserved. I would definitely read more book by Ms. Orchard great job.
Misty Dietz
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't typically read faith-based books, so this was an interesting departure for me. I really enjoyed Zach because he was the typical protector I look for in a hero, but he also had a softness and vulnerability to his character that felt authentic. I also enjoyed the medical element of this book which was also a first for me.
Wendy Sparkes
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it

#3 Undercover Cops

A great finish to the series.

#1 Deep Cover by Sandra Orchard #2 Shades of Truth by Sandra Orchard
Betti
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful mix between suspense and romance! As clues were suitably vague, the author had me guessing who the villain was right up till the end. It certainly wasn't who I expected! Learning to live without lost loved ones, is difficult for us all, I am sure, and it is no different for the hero.
Jennifer Shirk
I have to say this was one of the best Love Inspired Suspenses I've read in a long time. I couldn't stop turning the pages! I had to find out who the killer was and why. Great suspense, sweet romance, and a great Christian theme too.
June
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've waited for "Dak's" story. Turned out pretty well. Another great Sandra Orchard story. Hard to put down. Kept me captivated to the last page.
Katherine Moss
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great one ... sort of toggles between medical thriller and cop novel ... not to mention the role of God in the plot.
Mollie Borden
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Was a good read that had me guessing the true villain up to the reveal. Will definitely read other faith-based books by Sandra Orchard.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Undercover Cops
Category: Inspirational Romance
Jill
Apr 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Love inspired suspense Undercover Cops series Hospital nurse Tara Peterson. Zach/cop Suzie/daughter

Genevieve Lewis
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised to the end. Enjoyed this book very much.
Glenda Parker
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Her characters were authentic and the action kept you on the edge of your chair.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Undercover Cops
Category: Inspirational Romance
Stef
Jun 05, 2018
Sep 11, 2012
Sandra Orchard
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jeanette Levellie
Oct 08, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Love Inspired Books: LIS Giveaway Today Only 3 10 Oct 10, 2012 10:38AM
Love Inspired Books: Goodreads Giveaway 3 7 Sep 12, 2012 01:58PM
  • The Doctor's Defender (Protection Specialists, #3)
  • Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
  • Danger on the Mountain
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • No Way Out (The Justice Agency, #3)
  • Ricochet
  • Standing Guard
  • Lost Legacy (Treasure Seekers #1)
  • The Christmas Rescue
  • Private Eye Protector (Heroes for Hire, #5)
  • Freezing Point
  • Assignment: Bodyguard (Secret Agent Series, #4)
  • Hidden in the Everglades (Guardians, Inc., #3)
  • Zero Visibility
Sandra leaps off the garden trails of her herbal-researcher-turned-amateur-sleuth (Port Aster Secrets) series, to the museum corridors of her plucky FBI art crime agent Serena Jones, in A Fool and His Monet.

When not plotting crimes, Sandra plays make-believe with her grandchildren or hikes with her hubby along the escarpment, near their home in Niagara, Canada.

Her novels have garnered numerous a
More about Sandra Orchard

Undercover Cops (3 books)
  • Deep Cover (Undercover Cops #1)
  • Shades of Truth (Undercover Cops #2)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother