Start by marking “The Darkest of Secrets” as Want to Read:
The Darkest of Secrets

The Darkest of Secrets (The Power of Redemption #1)

3.11  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Khalis Tannous has spent years ruthlessly eradicating every hint of corruption and scandal from his life—even shunning his own family.When Grace Turner arrives at Khalis's private Mediterranean island to view his family's stolen collection of priceless art, even he isn't blind to her beauty. Yet he recognizes the shadows in her eyes—she, too, has her secrets.

Grace can fore
Published September 18th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest of Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkest of Secrets

willaful
Jan 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm having a great run of original, well-written Harlequin Presents lately -- seems like they've changed more than just their awful titles. This one also kind of plays with the genre conventions, which I love: Grace's past is right out of a traditional HP, except in her case, it worked out very badly. (As it almost certainly would in most real life cases.) When she meets Khalis, she's quite reasonably frightened of his inflexible, unforgiving attitude towards his harsh family, one of several cha ...more
RLA
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I almost didn't read this book... but I am so glad I did as this book is simply brilliant.

The hero has to be one of the best heroes I have read in a very long time! He is so open and loving towards the heroine, and not at all cruel and domineering. I can't tell you how great it is to read a hero who is not just interested in some casual brief fling with the heroine (or any other woman that croses his path!).

This is certainly a risky book, some readers probably won't like the heroines past action
Carol Storm
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this book! Grace is a strong, sensitive heroine, who is genuinely good at her job and takes pride in her career. (Sure wish Lisa Kleypas could write modern heroines like this!) Khalis is a little harder to like, he's the "ruthless tycoon" but seems awfully squishy at times. Still the two of them have a real connection and the artwork descriptions are really beautiful!
Alex is The Romance Fox
Kate Hewitt is a unique and Mills & Boon author, who is not afraid to write romance with a bit more edge than usual and that, apart from her really great writing, is what makes her one of my top favorite author in this genre.

The Darkest Secrets she tackles the subject of marriage infidelity by the heroine, which is just so taboo normally – the heroine tends to be a young, naïve virgin and Grace Turner is certainly not that. What I liked about Grace is discovering that she makes no excuses fo
Melanie♥
I kept waiting and wanting to like this book. My hopes were high almost to the very end and then they were crushed by the big reveal.

Spoilers below.

* Her darkest secret was her affair with the property manager during her unhappy marriage.
* She eludes to an unhappy and possibly abusive marriage, but in fact, she could have left her "prison" at any time. It was her own weakness that kept her there.
* Instead of focusing on her child she had an affair because of her unhappiness.
* She tells of a chil
Vashti
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this book,liked the storyline,the hero,the heroine,then as I read futher into the story,my most major of stumbling blocks.Marital sexual infidelity on the part of the heroine while married to her first husband,not the hero with her handyman .During this affair,she apparantely neglected her young child.
That is a no no for me and my enjoyment slowly went down hill.I forced myself to finish only because i wanted to find out about the presumed dead brother.His story looks int
красная мафия
He aquí un buen ejemplo de heroína "fuerte" (ironía, ironía)

En mi mundo, una mujer con carácter y personalidad, se habría divorciado y cuidado a su hijo. Luego, si quería encamarse con el empleado, el vecino, el carnicero o el último monito de feria, pues que lo hiciera. Pero no lo que hizo esta pseudo mujer "fuerte". Y prácticamente en las narices de su marido y su hijo.

No sé. Llamadme retorciada *Tos*, pero creo que habría quedado mejor que el héroe hubiera sido ese amante-empleado. Pero la a
Ridley
This was a frustrating read for me. Hewitt has a great voice for Presents, and the story was technically well-written. Unfortunately, the story itself traded heavily in regret, remorse and guilt and after the truth behind their feelings come out the heroine reads like a weak-ass martyr.
Tia
Apr 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed a bit. I expected more background, guess I'm a picky girl. I love stories that have the richness of background. It makes me fall in love with he characters and the emotions they portray. I just feel this didn't have enough and even the epilogue was very quick. The story just ended abruptly but on a happy note. Happy note or not, I didn't appreciate the end, which in turn made me iffy towards the book and the overall outcome. I'm sure once you read it, you can judge it for your ...more
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Power Of Redemption
Category: Classic Romance
  • A Tainted Beauty (What His Money Can't Buy #1)
  • His for a Price
  • At The Greek Boss's Bidding
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • The Sheikh's Prize (A Bride for a Billionaire #2)
  • Princess From The Shadows (The Santina Crown, #6)
  • Beholden to the Throne (Empire of the Sands #2)
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • Say It with Diamonds
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • Defying Drakon (The Lyonedes Legacy, #1)
  • The Call of the Desert
  • In Bed with a Stranger (The Fitzroy Legacy #2)
  • Woman in a Sheikh's World (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #2)
  • The Brazilian's Blackmailed Bride (The Ramirez Brides #2)
Kate is the USA Today-bsetselling author of over 60 books of women's fiction and romance. She is the author of the Hartley-by-the-Sea series, set in England's Lake District and published by Penguin. She is also, under the name Katharine Swartz, the author of the Tales from Goswell books, a series of time-slip novels set in the village of Goswell.

She likes to read romance, mystery, the occasional
More about Kate Hewitt...

The Power of Redemption (2 books)
  • The Husband She Never Knew