Start by marking “Lily's Cowboys (Heaven Sent, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lily's Cowboys (Heaven Sent, #1)

Lily's Cowboys

(Heaven Sent #1)

Sometimes life begins after you die. A least it has for Lily O’Donnell. Lily O’Donnell had always wanted to find a love as beautiful as her parents had. When her father suspiciously dies in an accident and her mother is brutally raped and murdered Lily has to fight for her life. When she is trapped by the man who murdered both her parents and threatens to do to her what he ...more
Published December 9th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Lily's Cowboys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lily's Cowboys

Start your review of Lily's Cowboys (Heaven Sent, #1)
Cheesecake
Lily the possible angel and three generic cowboys with big schlongs.
I usually like this author, but this was just so predictable it was boring.
DNF at 67%
Set in a strange little town where multiple marriages are common. The story is of Lily who died over a hundred years ago and now walks the Earth to help save families. Kwai Chang Caine, she is not. Instead she uses her skills as a housekeeper to accomplish her heavenly duties.
I liked the first part of the book but once the insta love/lust star
Rebbecca  Jill Odom
May 16, 2013 rated it liked it
This was an interesting story. As my first ménage novel, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was actually a really good story. Well, to be honest, it felt like two very DIFFERNT stories that got crammed together.

The premise behind the story: a girl who comes back time and again to help those in need, is fresh and fascinating.

Smith develops a well-told story with intriguing characters that are well-rounded and genuinely interesting. It's when she decides to a
Alicia
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
This was a very enjoyable book. Most mènage I read don't have much of a story plot and have sex scenes in almost every chapter. Though this doesn't have much sex scenes they are In details ;) I really liked this book and I loved that they didn't have sex right off the back. She had them developed a bond first before anything happen. I cried she when she died :( I seriously thought that was how it was going to end. That the guys would suffer and try to move on while she goes wherever she goes. He ...more
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio, paranormal, 2017
Lily died in the early 1900's when she was nearly 18. She comes back to life periodically to be a housekeeper for a person or family she can help. When her job is complete she dies again. This time she comes back to help three brothers who own a large ranch. Over the years the once tight knit family has grown apart. Lily becomes their house keeper and starts bringing the brothers together.

The book was OK.........not great, not bad either. Totally predictable. It was fairly short as well.
Elena Kincaid
I really enjoyed this book. A very unique Menage story. Also, I prefer there to be no head hopping in menage stories, but in this case, the author managed to pull it off and it didn't distract from the story. Very well done. ...more
Raven
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This had a large cup of innocent instalove but I very much enjoyed the read. Lilly was very endearing and the brothers were just alpha enough to peak my interest.
Saha
3 brothers. 1 girl. Way too many rooms, and way more possibilities. The absolute threesome, and the perfect happy ever after. Gimme gimme gimme.

After drowning herself to avoid the worst, Lily appears at random times to help those who most need am angel in their lives. The 3 ridiculously handsome yet highly dysfunctional Cunnings brothers have been replacing housekeepers faster than they have toilet paper, yet treating them just as shitty. One by one though they fall under her charm, until all to
ValerieC
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Menage readers, HEA lovers

I had to take 1/2 star off for all the errors, mostly mistakes in word tenses. With this new Kindle Fire it's easy to highlight all of these, so I have a lot of them... maybe 50+

This is a lovely story about three cowboy brothers and an Angel that had me laughing and crying. I will certainly read it again sometime. I have a lot of books from this author, but this is my favorite. I hope she writes more and I will buy them. A series about this cute town would be really great!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Li
Heather Kuebler
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review of Lily's Cowboys, by SE Smith

I love anything romance. And while I prefer my romance to have a major dose of paranormal or fantasy, I will read anything that will touch my heart (and other places!). I freely admit to being a fan of SE Smith. I will read anything she write knowing that I will not be disappointed. Lily's Cowboys was no different.

Normally I do not write about what happens in a book. You, as the reader, can find any number of them here. What I prefer to do is tell you how I
Stormy
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: folks who like the whole brotherly menage scene
Recommended to Stormy by: Elena Kincaid
This book really wasn't for me. I read it based on a good review from a fellow GR friend. I read the whole thing because it was...different. Not just the unconventional relationship (and town, for that matter), but the story line was not...the usual suspect. I was curious to see what would happen - not with the relationship as much as with the story line in general.

The whole style of the book, for me, seemed out of date. Like it was a book written back in the days of the bodice rippers, maybe. C
SandyL
This book really had potential. I used to love the TV series Touched By an Angel - add in some naughtiness in the form of 3 hunky guys who all like the same girl and it sounds like an insta-hit! Well, there are a lot of insta's in this book, but not so much of a hit for me. Lily O'Donnell shows up in a small diner and finds insta-employment. Maggie has been cleaning house for her nephews in between the housekeepers they keep running off, but she's reached the end of her rope. She prays for help ...more
Cindy
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The premise of this book is quite unique. This is a short, sweet read that will definitely get your panties wet. I listened to the audiobook and I really like this narrator. She is able to do male and female quite smoothly and believably. This story made me cry but very quickly made my heart warm which also brought tears to my eyes. Nice light read without much angst. Highly recommended.
Tam
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book is an easy read and for anyone who has read prior SE Smith books the grammar / spelling issues are greatly improved. There might have been a couple of things but nowhere near what other books have had.

The problem I had with this book was that the two themes didn't mesh for me. On the one hand we have our "touched by an angel / Nanny Mcphee" character of Lily who is "sent" to those who need her and stays as long as they need her. On the other hand it's a menage book.

For me this book wou
Maranda Raven
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I met SE Smith at the IRC conference in Lebanon, TN. I loved all her book covers & when I chose Lily's Cowboys... I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. I never really looked at the series title. I usually don't read books about angels. It's just not my thing. However, I fell in love w/this book & w/all the characters. One of my favorite lines was "Sometimes you have to face death before you can appreciate what it means to live." That just struck a cord w/me. Lily coming up w/the cursing jar had me ...more
namericanwordcat
This book did something subtle that was very nice. At first because of the reincarnation aspect of the book and no time being set, I thought perhaps the heroine's story reopened in the future where poly marriages were more common. It turned out not to be the case but it to be more common in this community and somehow this worked for me in terms of suspending disbelief and not having to endure the moral torture present in so many contemporary menge books.

This was a basically a sweet woman on her
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
I really enjoyed this book. It made me cry with the memories from past and what was going on in the present and of course who wouldn't want to be loved my 3 glorious men. I also like the description of the character. They each had a different personality that made them different but the same in some. Really enjoyable book. ...more
SuzyHD
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding 5+*

Fabulous! Well written with just the right amount of sex, intrigue, mystery, and character development. I definitely could not put this book down. The storyline was very different which created more and more interest with each chapter. Highly recommend reading this book.
C.J.
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another classic from S.E. Smith! What a brilliant concept, I like to think that this was Lily's last lifetime although this wasn't said specifically. Great secondary characters and just adored the brothers. Would recommend ++++ ...more
Jessica Parsons
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a emotional, intriging read

It was interesting how lily dealt with each brother and the different interactions between them all and how they dealt with each other and there prolems. Lily's background was also very interesting. A few typo's but didn't take away from the story for me
Heather
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel
Lily travels through time to help those in need. Time travel- reincarnation. Lily dies when her mission is complete but returns as herself when she gets a new mission. Will she get a HEA or will this be her last mission?
Peg
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: smith-s-e
Absolutely love this author!!!

Lily, Allen, Caleb, and Ethan were made for each other; even if it took Lily several lifetimes to catch up to the 3 brothers. Do I recommend this book? Heck yeah! I couldn't put it down. I have enjoyed all of S. E. Smith's books so far.
Penny Stephens
Oct 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Not her best

Miss
guess I'm old fashioned, just felt wrong, anal sex yuck. It took me awhile to get through it skipping parts.
Liked her other books much better. She is a great writer, thank goodness only three brothers, good luck.
Diana Woodward
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Angel for 3

Angel saving grace, for the ones not due to die and lives spear. Like Angels walk around us and step in when needed vs guardian angel. Not sure where it's ok to have 3 guys before and with married too. Mormons? Good story anyhow.
Kim
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read but had everything you needed to know in it. I liked the ending as well. Good story line.
Megan Fall
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Different from her other books, this book was still really good. I enjoyed the story, and of course the three hot cowboys!!
Vixen
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Really sweet, liked all the characters. They went well together and the chemistry was smoking! Love this author's books! Enjoyed it thoroughly!
Hana
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, erotica
It was ok, quite good sex scenes, good chemistry between the protagonists but the idea that Lily was some sort of angel was really ridiculous.
Angela Smith
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice read

Nice book to read. Very romantic and a good a read for the first time. I would continue to read this series
Lisa Fristrom
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

Even if you're not into the foursome thing! This book has a unique story line and a Beautiful ending..... Thank you
G
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OD

• Sold To The Berserkers (Berserker Saga, #1)
  • Huge (Huge, #1)
  • Fates Divided (Halven Rising, #1)
  • Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3)
  • Claim Me Hard (Bridgewater County, #2)
  • Captured by the Alien Warrior (Zalaryn Raiders, #2)
  • Sold to the Alien Prince (Zalaryn Raiders, #1)
  • Paladin (Galactic Gladiators: House of Rone #4)
  • Triple Team
  • Fire in His Blood (Fireblood Dragons, #1)
  • Issued to the Bride One Soldier (Brides of Chance Creek, #5)
  • Jaxson (Riverwise Private Security, #1)
  • Scarlet (Alpha Marked, #1)
  • The Red Admiral (Red Angel #4)
  • Three to Ride (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #1)
  • Geek Bearing Gifts (Paranormal Dating Agency, #2)
  • Issued to the Bride: One Airman (Brides of Chance Creek, #2)
  • Tamed By The Beast (Interstellar Brides Program, #7)
S.E. Smith is a New York Times (Twin Dragons and Dagger’s Hope) and 15 time USA TODAY Bestselling author of Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. She brings action, adventure, and suspense-filled romance stories to transport readers out of this world. Sexy, funny, action-packed—Science fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy, and Contemporary stories with a twist! Discover stories with a he ...more

Heaven Sent (3 books)
  • Touching Rune (Heaven Sent, #2)
  • Challenging Dalla (Heaven Sent, #3)