Start by marking “Capturing Cara (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #2)” as Want to Read:
Capturing Cara (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #2)

Capturing Cara

(Dragon Lords Of Valdier #2)

Cara Truman is a pint-size pistol whose inquisitive nature has gotten her into trouble on more than one occasion. Her next adventure takes her further than she even expected when she ends up on a journey out of this world.

Trelon Reykill thought he had his hands full. A militant group of Curizans had captured his brother Zoran, he was busy trying to fortify the Valdire defe
Published April 26th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Capturing Cara, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Nc yes it may be a little detailed but knowing the detail the author put into that scene can help you imagine the detail she has put in the rest of the b…moreyes it may be a little detailed but knowing the detail the author put into that scene can help you imagine the detail she has put in the rest of the book. I love this series and have read it several times. Its well worth the read. (less)

Start your review of Capturing Cara (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #2)
Sammy Loves Books
2.0 "Drive me crazy" stars

My first complaint with this was too much repetition from book one. Conversations were literally copied and pasted into this book. I Hate reruns unless I am choosing to do a re-read.

My second complaint was that the heroine was a brilliant genius that had zero respect for other people's property. She would take things apart that weren't hers, just out of curiosity. And leave parts here there and everywhere. Reprogram things to do something other than their purpose..on a
Jill
I was chuckling my ass off through out this book at the hero's attempts to keep Cara where he wanted her. Hilarious, he really was exasperated and it was fun to watch. Does that make me evil?? Maybe, but in my opinion, sometimes a man needs to be kept on his toes.
Great read, for an author who I had never even heard of before I bought her first book in the series. I am enjoying them, they seem fun and sexy and sometimes thats just what I need.
Only thing I didn't enjoy was the repeat at the begin
Jacqueline
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This world is very different from others. Like I said with the first book, cute, different, and a good romance kick.
Nooney
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Of the five books I have read so far, this was my least favorite. I had a hard time identifying with Cara. I found her irritating and did not find her propensity to take apart everything in sight to be funny. I understand this was to set up some important abilities, downstream, but I was personally offended by all of the things she did to Trelon's living quarters, even before she knew whose living quarters they were. She is not someone I would want to invite to my home. Couple with the numerous ...more
Emerald
Cara was a delightful character, loved her.
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Capturing Cara is another 5 star story in the Dragon Lords of Valdier series. We meet Cara in bk. 1 Abducting Abby. Cara is a very petite Human, Genius Mechanical Engineer. Her IQ is off the charts, but what makes her an excellent female lead character is her spirit and her energy. Her True Mate we found out is Trelon a Valdier Dragon Warrior/Shifter and brother to the King of Valdier. Trelon wants to keep Cara chained up in a good way because she is creating havoc aboard there ship. Cara has re ...more
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔

I enjoyed Cara and Trelon's story but I found reading the same scenes from the first book, just from a different POV, was a little tedious. I hope the others in the series aren't like that since they seem to take place at the same time.
April
This picks things up pretty much with a rewind of the last book. We get a flashback to Cara as a child. Then everything repeats from the flight onward. This time things are predominately from the two leads POV.

Of all the characters in the last book, I most related to Cara. Not quite the ADD, but definitely the energetic and creative mind side of her personality. She is so quirky, fun and free! I love characters like her. Others might find her a bit much, but I thought she was delightful!

Trelon c
Jonel
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print
I simply can’t get enough of this series! Smith blasts readers off of earth with the same flash, flare and energy that we’ve come to know and love her for. This action packed novel balances romance with adventure in a manner that kept me on my toes. I like how the plot backtracks a bit from where the previous novel ended, giving us Cara’s view of how things started and taking off from there. The plot was seamlessly crafted, always headed towards an end goal without ever being predictable.

Cara is
Heather
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cara, Cara, Cara...

wow what a tiny bundle of confusing, entertaining, overwhelming, and delightfully energetic woman. I shouldn't have to tell you the Vadier dragon prince Trelon has his hands full trying o claim this tiny Earth woman.

Who says rain isn't good on a spaceship, or the electric slide isn't a good cardio exercise, add in the fact that no-one can seem to keep her contained and to stop wreaking havoc is only a couple reasons why Cara's story is my favorite.
Laz the Sailor
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: scifi, smut, z-2018-bw
I like this author, but this series isn't working for me. Cara was a delight, but the dragon brothers are lame, and their domineering is weak. The sex scenes are short and lack detail or intensity. The series plot holds possibilities for all of the brothers, but I'm not interested in them.
Lara
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2017
This second book in the series is almost a stand-alone book. I'm glad I read the first one as some events from it are mentioned and it provided world building that was not repeated here. However, this book mostly takes place simultaneously. Since I had read the first book a while ago, I'd forgotten how it started and was surprised when the beginning of this one was clearly related (though I couldn't remember the details behind some of the action related to Abby).

Cara is crazy--smart, curious, r
Casey Nicholson
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved Cara, great MC. This was way better than the first book. I was a bit annoyed that this book called the planet Valdire while the rest of the books called it Valdier.
Katie
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found Cara very entertaining! I loved how she gave the men hell and wasn't going to change for anything. Cara on coffee cracked me up! I literally laughed out loud at work listening to the book!
Malinda
4-4.5 stars

This was a really good story. I really liked Cara and Trelon and thoroughly enjoyed their story. This is part of the series but TBH, it feel like enough of a story on it's own that I think it could be read out of order with hardly any difficulty.

Cara is a rather hyper but greatly gifted woman. She's extremely intelligent and is gifted at mechanics, figuring things out and getting out of places she doesn't want to be. As a kid, she lost both of her parents and her uncle took guardiansh
Georgina Parkin
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Again, good concept but I just think it was poorly executed. I hated Cara, and I hated that she described herself as ‘a little ADHD’. If she wasn’t shown as a complete menace with no regard for anyone else in the world I wouldn’t have had a problem, but she was always blaming everyone else for being mad because she wanted to do whatever she wanted. She fiddled with electronics she legit had no clue about, because she wanted to, and when she completely fucked them up and destroyed rooms, she was ...more
Elena
May 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
I don't think I've disliked a character so much in a long time. Cara is a child. Annoying, immature, irresponsible and naive to the point that I spent most of the book just wanting her to shut up or have her story end quickly. I get that the author was trying for cute with ADHD but I've known ADHD people that can still function better than this character does.

So, after reading the first novel, while not blown away, I was somewhat interested to see what would happen with the rest of the women tha
Tiffany
Page Length:288
Genre/Audience:Sci fi/erotica
Book's Price:2.99
Price I'd Value:same
Standalone/Cliffhanger/Part of a Series:part of Lord of Valdier's dragon series-Book 2
Epilogue Included:​no
=======================================
BOOK DESCRIPTION:​Cara taken to alien planet after helping friend Abby. Trelon sees Cara & immediately recognizes she's his mate.Cara's sly and cunning fleeing Trelon every chance she gets, but wants to b
Tam
Jul 05, 2012 rated it liked it
If spelling, grammar and general bad editing drive you insane DO NOT read this book. The premise is a good one and the story interesting but if you can't overlook the spelling, grammar and editing issues you will hate this book.

This is the second of the series and we follow the story of Cara the ADD genius engineer. We actually cover some of the same events (Abby's abduction) and all of the women being taken to Valdier but we follow it from Cara's perspective. This means some scenes repeat but
Sandra
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cara, is a fun, crazy, intelligent, mechanical genius. Extremely hyper and always taking everything apart to find out how it works. This made the story really fun and lighthearted, especially when on the spaceship.

All those dragons running around, but not really catching up to Cara. Trelon was the only one to see what a logical mind she had despite not sleeping and always slipping away. His Dragon and his Symbiot both wanted to claim Cara, and Trelon couldn't wait to do so either. He just had t
Coyora Dokusho
I lovedlovedloved the heroine of this one!!

I was going to do this detailed instruction manual of what incredibly complicated order to read the books in, but life is too short! Basically, I read books 2-5 at the same time, skipping between them at points of intersection of the books! Because! Spoilers! Ye flippin' gods the spoilers between books. And it irritated me. I had to keep going to the next book (books 6 to... 9?) because the previous book was spoiling. I skipped the sex scenes. I started
Nidhi Bhatt
I liked this book the best! I felt cara was too much trouble but she was cute... Trelon was great guy! He was so good Cara even when she was acting as a pain.

Best book from all the four books I've read in the series.

Also Cara accepted her Dragon really nicely. I was getting bored with the same old storyline of all the books.
Megan Fall
I adore this series. This book was funny as hell, and my kids kept asking me to explain what was happening because I was laughing so much! Cara was so much fun and Trelon was so exasperated. Great story in a great series.
Anne
Apr 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: z2014-bir
It's a very interesting world. But the writing is not that good. There is so much better out there. Even so, I'll probably keep reading, while hoping the author's skills improve. Although my hope of that is minimal, at best. 2.5 stars.
Donna Campbell
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved the obnoxious but brilliant (and somewhat psychotic overly caffeinated) personality. Seems like she totally has to go through way more misery than the other "mates". As if it was the last book and all plot twists had to be in this book.
Raine
*****Re-read for 2nd time*****
Last read on 4/26/2014

Still a good read. I love how feisty and strong and super smart Cara is.
Catherine Chapman
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
I loved Cara from book one she is funny and one of a kind she doesn’t take crap for anyone I couldn’t put this book dow either loving this series can’t wait to read the next
Serena Buffaloe
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMIGosh !!! I TOTALLY fell in love with CARA !!! I thought that the way she was written was beyond fabulous !!
Cara is a feisty , caffeinated( heavily ) ball of boundless inquisitiveness and energy -even without the caffeine, all in a 5 foot nothing package of womanly curves . She is "gifted" in that she is able to put things together and take them apart and make the better and more efficient. She is a mechanic involved with an experimental aircraft flown by two of her best friends Trisha, and
Pet
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Emotionally I'm gaping like a deer in headlights, after reading this story. I didn't review the last S.E. Smith book I read, and I read it so long ago that I had forgotten how I felt about this Authors writing.
Ok, first off there are some key words that I loath being used in any way shape or form in a romance, those are Obey, Submit, and Discipline. Don't get me wrong, they are fine in Erotica and BDSM stories and in some sexy times if done right, but they do not belong in any romantic relation
Kristine
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Well, first of all, taking into account that suspending reality is a requirement for this series, I had a hard time with this one. Apparently this is a successful series and I definitely liked the first book, enough that I immediately moved on to book two. But, the character of Cara drove me crazy...and NOT in any kind of good way. She is immature, reckless, bratty and just annoying a heck. It is just my opinion, but if the author was trying to create a character that was full of life and energy ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Ull (Tornians, #4)
  • Seduced by the Alien Warrior  (Warriors of Agron #4)
  • Dovis (The Vorge Crew, #2)
  • Grim (Tornians, #1)
  • Cathian (The Vorge Crew, #1)
  • Assigned a Mate (Interstellar Brides Program, #1)
  • Nikhil (Kaliszians, #1)
  • Melting Iron (Cyborg Seduction, #3)
  • Intentional Abduction (Alien Abduction, #2)
  • Shield (New World, #1)
  • Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1)
  • Supreme's Kiss (Kiss Series, #3)
  • Bay's Mercenary (Unearthly World, #1)
  • The Breeding Experiment (Veslor Mates #3)
  • Protected by the Alien Warrior (Warriors of Agron #5)
  • Ynyr (Tornians, #3)
  • Saved by Venom (Grabbed, #3)
  • Wray (Tornians, #2)
S.E. Smith is a New York Times (Twin Dragons and Dagger’s Hope) and 15 time USA TODAY Bestselling author of Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. She brings action, adventure, and suspense-filled romance stories to transport readers out of this world. Sexy, funny, action-packed—Science fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy, and Contemporary stories with a twist! Discover stories with a he ...more

Dragon Lords Of Valdier (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Abducting Abby (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #1)
  • Tracking Trisha (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #3)
  • Ambushing Ariel (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #4)
  • Cornering Carmen (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #5)
  • Paul's Pursuit (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #6)
  • Twin Dragons (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #7)
  • Jaguin's Love (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #8)
  • The Old Dragon of the Mountain's Christmas (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #9)
  • Pearl's Dragon (Dragon Lords of Valdier #10)
  • Twin Dragon’s Destiny (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #11)

News & Interviews