Start by marking “In My Sights” as Want to Read:
In My Sights

Read Book

In My Sights

Dear Author,
I'm a SWAT Team Leader; people think I'm fierce. I get my things done, effectively and efficiently. But this time, there’s so much at stake. Because that's my lover in there, a hostage on this bank robbery. A lover that nobody else knew about even if we’ve been together for five years. Because, my lover is a man, and I'm not exactly out. If only I told him how
Published May 18th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about In My Sights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In My Sights

Exina
Tyler Czuba SWAT commander is hesitant to come out in fear of the reaction of his colleagues.
But when his lover Ben is getting into a life threatening situation, suddenly Tyler’s fears of coming out seem insignificant compared to the dread of losing his partner.

A nice story from Love Is Always Write: Volume Five.

R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

Though it takes an unforeseen and scary event, such life and death situations definitely show what’s truly important.

Short, sweet, feel good!
Ami
May 18, 2012 rated it liked it

Tyler Czuba and Ben Sullivan have been in relationship for five years. However, due to Tyler's job as SWAT team leader, they are not exactly out as a couple. One this fateful day, Tyler answers to a bank robbery situation, and he finds out that Ben is one of the hostages ...

...

I wrote the prompt of this story for "Love is Always Write" event, and actually one of my prompts that made me curious on how the story would turn out. In overall, it captures what I have in mind. I think the robb
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
A really good short story it's just starts five years in a closeted relationship and I wanted more back story. Why'd Ben put up with it so long, we're they really close? They both say I love you but it sounds like they get together, fuck, and then the swat guy leaves. Occasionally he'll spend the night. There is nothing to fill in all this stuff, this is why I don't care for established relationships, it just feels like a lot of the times the reader is left in the dark, or told "here is how it i ...more
Cindi
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Deeze
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: quick-easy-reads
3.5

Oh this could be such an intense story with just an extra 100 pages or so lol.

I liked Ty and Ben, but this is the kind of story that needs length for me to feel invested. Suspence/action rarely works in a story as short as this.

That said I enjoyed the read and it's better than a lot of full length reads so I'm uping this half a star.
A Girl Has No Name
Tyler and his boyfriend Ben are in a relationship since five years. However, due to his job as a SWAT team leader, Tyler isn't out of the closet and he is hiding his relationship out of fear to lose his job.

When Tyler is called to a bank robbery and finds out that Ben is one of the hostages, he is facing one of the most terrible situations in life.

I liked reading about these two MC's, but considering the shortness of the story, we didn't get much background information on their relationship. T
Heather C
This was a quick free short story that followed the prompt well. I would have liked to have seen Tyler suffer with worry for Ben a lot longer though. Would be great as a longer, better developed story.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

The life and death situation makes people see things differently, its been done a lot, but i really liked this one
Wish it had been just a bit longer, i wanted to see more of Ty and Ben's new reality.
Gigi
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Awesome hurt/comfort freebie from AR Moler. Short and sweet.
Victoria  love books
Another sweet but, oh so nice story☺
Meep
The prompt had me curious. It's a very short fic and ok, but not enough. I didn't feel any tension, any panic, any connection between the two men. The situation was resolved fast without time for discussion or reveals, in fact it seemed almost anti-climatic.
Arthur
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing

It's short but packs a lot of story and information. From how Tyler and Ben met to how a hostage situation serves as a catalyst for their relationship. Tyler came out and even suspended for not following the procedure (SWAT agent has to disclose if they have personal stake in the situation, but Tyler didn't say anything when he realized that Ben was instead.)

Like other reviewer said, it's dramatic without being melodramatic.
Sadonna
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free, mm, liaw
Don't pass up the opportunity to tell someone you love them - you might not get another chance. Really good story of a hidden relationship that gets forced out in the open by circumstances beyond control. Well written - tight, dramatic without melodrama, heartfelt. Would love to read more of their story. Hint hint.
Otterpuss
Jan 25, 2016 rated it liked it
A teeny tiny story, only about the length of a chapter, about how sometimes it's takes nearly losing someone to make you realise how much you need them.
It's well written but far too short to really have any real knowledge of the characters.
Monique
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet and short read about the importance of love, making every day count and not wasting time worrying about the reaction of others.

I wish it was a longer read though.
Karlijn
Can I please get my own SWAT- guy :)
Amy
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Very short, but very sweet! I loved the message of the story. Make every day count :)
Monika
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one and would love to have the whole story about these two! More Please?!
Trisha Harrington
Something longer would have made this a 5 star read, but it was still good. I liked the emotion.
Monika
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: action, mm
This book should have been longer!! This was not enough! Give me at least a hundred (or two hundred) pages! The storyline and characters deserve it :(.
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume Five.

This was really good but also frustrating because it could have been more more MORE! We don't really know these guys well enough, and are just jumping into a five year relationship. At the same time, from the sounds of it, their just exclusive fuck-buddies. They could have still been in the closet but appeared a little more serious, although I get that it's an important part of the story that Tyler hasn't said "I love
Julesmarie
May 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, free, dritc-liaw
It never ceases to amaze me how much people can fit into a short story! This one, to me, was all about the balance between fear and regret. That might seem like a weird combination of things to say are balanced, but we see Tyler in the beginning being so afraid of what people will say or do or think that he's unable to even tell Ben that he loves him. He chose to let fear govern his decisions. And later he came to regret that when he worried if he'd ever see Ben alive again. So the balance betwe ...more
Jenny Wood
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Just a cute little story about how it sometimes takes something so in your face to realize how much something means to you. Tyler had been with Ben for almost 5 years and couldn't even tell him he loved him because he was afraid of the complications it would bring in his life... how selfish. And how awful is it than in today's society that people still have to hide who they are... it's sad.
Luckily everyone made it out okay and Ben and Tyler stayed together.. doesn't always work out that way thou
Ari
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-romance
Tyler and Ben has been together for five years, but Tyler still keeps Ben as his "dirty little secret" due to his job as SWAT's team leader. He doesn't even answer to Ben's "I love you". Then in a bank robbery situation, Tyler finds out that Ben is one of the hostage.

An interesting prompt but the execution is a bit off. The fast pace make the story less emotions. I didn't feel the chemistry between the two main characters.
Erica
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's surprising to me how much I loved this, considering how much I usually despise (view spoiler) But, for some reason, I just loved this to pieces despite my usual opinion on the matter. I wonder why this one worked when usually it just pisses me off? No telling. But still, a great story.
Court
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Short and sweet little read. I thought it could have done with a few more pages of development between the leads, as well as Tyler's (the SWAT leader) team and him. There were a few typos/grammar mistakes, but for a freebie I won't be that picky- for someone whose brain doesn't work the way mine does, it probably wouldn't have taken them out of the story. All and all it was a nice story and I thank the author for participating.
Arlyn
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a great short read that managed to take a mixture of suspense and romance and package it expertly into a tight space without lacking any component that a good tale should contain before it ends. I'm impressed by the pacing of the story. It seemed to fly by, even considering it's brevity. Ben and Ty were great characters, with an impressive amount of back-story and character development woven seamlessly into the modest page count.

Highly recommend.
Wendy Ann
The motto of this story? Live each day to its fullest and never leave loved ones without letting them know exactly how you feel about them! Things could have ended up so differently and with so many regrets. It might have taken a horrendous scare to finally bring Ty out of the closet, but I suspect he’ll be much happier that way:) Great short story!
Tamela
I really like the characters. So sad that something so extreme had to happen before Tyler would have the guts to tell Ben that he loved him, much less acknowledged him to his team. Luckily Ben wasn't seriously hurt, thought the trauma will probably give him a lot of sleepless nights. But now Tyler will actually BE THERE for him.
Sequel - Catch Me 1 3 Oct 06, 2014 05:30AM

• Heartstrings
  • Whistle Blowing
  • With This Ring
  • Screwing the System - online short
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #0.5)
  • Take a Breath