Start by marking “Permelia Lyttle's Guide to the End of the World” as Want to Read:
Permelia Lyttle's Guide to the End of the World

Permelia Lyttle's Guide to the End of the World

Luray Flitch is a neurotic, pill-popping recluse who discovers a prophetic Victorian diary, only to learn that the end of the world is just around the corner. With his trusty dog, Jason, Luray ventures out to warn the world that the end is near, but people keep trying to steal the diary. Written a century before by British clairvoyant Permelia Lyttle, the diary hides many ...more
Published April 23rd 2012 by Belvedere Books (first published April 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Permelia Lyttle's Guide to the End of the World, please sign up.
Jon Robertson Hi Meryan: The sequel, Dunkard Bottom, is finished and about to be launched! It's on Amazon now. I'll let you know.

Start your review of Permelia Lyttle's Guide to the End of the World
Meagan (she/her)
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really had a fun time reading this novel! The characters are all well written, but I'd say the dog was my favorite character. The book had me from the first page, which is rare for me. I loved the social commentary interspersed throughout the story and I actually chuckled out loud in several spots. The book was goofy but interesting throughout, and I highly recommend it. ~meg
Ashley Behrens
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-reads-1st
This was an absolutely AWESOME book. It grabs your interest from the first page and keeps your interest to the last page! While reading it I hated to put it down. I even found myself giggling and laughing out loud while reading this book. A MUST READ!!!! Looking forward to reading the sequel mentioned at the end of the book.
Sandi Baker
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Thanks, Goodreaders for your comments, else I would never have found this great book. It was the most fun I've ever had reading a book. Jon Robertson is brilliant. I don't want to reveal too much about the plot, but there's mystery, adventure, and satire. And I loved those little giggles of delight when I "got" the references.
Tess
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fun read. It's a very entertaining story, while making lots of interesting points about our culture along the way. Love the humor throughout and the dog Jason is an especially fun character.
Felicia
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting read.
Jon Robertson
May 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Veronica Jordan
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book really should have been better..
Klaas
Albert
Joe
Jessica Hibbs
Jun 22, 2012
Jon Robertson is an author, editor, and publisher with experience in newspaper reporting, magazine feature writing, and photography. He was a book acquisitions editor for ten years and a magazine editor for six years. He has written ad and promotion copy for the publishing and theater trades. He is also a published and produced playwright.

Jon is also the founder and publisher of Vegan Heritage Pre