Start by marking “Lunchtime” as Want to Read:
Lunchtime

Lunchtime

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
It's lunchtime for one little girl, but she's just not hungry. A visiting crocodile, bear and wolf, however, are starving. It's just as well that children taste revolting!
Published April 1st 2012 by MacMillan Children's Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lunchtime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lunchtime

Geoff Battle
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
The illustrations within Lunchtime are big and bold, feeding off the white space on each page. The sentences are short and simple, enough to engage younger readers with the story and older readers with potential reading. For the genre, these are great points.

The story however is somewhat disappointing. Following a girl who refuses to have her lunch, a bear, crocodile and wolf appear (potentially dreamed up) and eat it up, savouring the taste - how lucky they are! The little girl is hungry come d
Jenna Mills
Sweet, but a bit strange
Darshana Khiani (Flowering Minds)
A perfect picture book – simple, imaginative, colorful, and relate-able by every young child who would rather be doing something else than eating.

The little girl is drawing and painting pictures of animals and does not want to pause for lunch. But she must and so she sits and sits at the dining table, until a colorful crocodile appears under the table asking for her untouched food. Soon a bear and a wolf appear. Not to worry these are friendly animals, after all she created them (hint, hint). Th
Sheryl Guise
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We adore this book. What a find at the library. Miss very very close to 5 is perhaps a little older than the target audience. But she loves it, and Miss nearly 7 took her nose out of her 'chapter books' long enough to read it too. Both adore the illustrations - they are just so relatable to kids, the connections from page to page are very clear and so very cute.

The story is great for Miss nearly 5 who is in the running for the world's slowest eater. Next time we all get down from the table and
Stef Rozitis
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
At first I read this book and I thought "that was nice but so what?". I did really really like the colourful and whimsical drawings though, I was going to say they reminded me of the drawings in the paper dolls then I realized that would be because Cobb did in fact illustrate that book!

The book grew on me. In a sympathetic non-judgemental way it is telling children that skipping meals is not a great idea. It looks at power but with humour and gentleness. I think I will look at it again.
Cai
It is lunch time but someone doesn't want to eat. So her animal friends help her with her lunch.

This is a great story to help children who like to refuse their meals. The illustrations were very cute.

This book was read on Play School.

V @ 6 months old.
Library Quine
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
The little girl in this book is too busy drawing and colouring to stop and eat. When she sits down at the table, the animal friends from her drawings come and devour her meal. However, at her next meal she is so hungry she eats everything while her friends look on.
Keris
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Joe and I both really enjoyed this. I loved the illustrations, Joe loved the idea of the animals eating the little girl's lunch. He also liked the illustration of her doing paintings that looked a lot like the paintings he does.
Elizabeth
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: greenaway-awards
I read this book to a group of 5yr olds yesterday and they voted this one the winner......are they right?
Him
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
for the first time, my son knows his lunch wouldn't wait for him for ever. :)
James Koppert
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
really simple and funny little story. we had to read it twice
Gervy
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Delicious illustrations, very cute story.
Den
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children, 2015
This book didn't appeal to me. It's all about a young girl who is too busy colouring to eat her food so instead she shares it with a wolf, a bear and a crocodile. They're hungry but don't eat 'girl'.
Anakbabiilang
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
cute, great visuals
Mari - loves to read
Read for inspiration for little miss I do not want to eat this or that ;)
KM
Jun 06, 2015
Salma
Mar 06, 2015
Kayleigh
rated it did not like it
Jul 08, 2016