Start by marking “Demons (Seers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Demons (Seers, #2)

(Seers #2)

Kate's life is far from normal. She can see Auras, her boyfriend is immortal, and her powers make her a target. But now that the Demon Lord is hunting her, things are about to go from dangerous to truly deadly. Packed with action, mind-blowing plot twists, and characters you can't get enough of, this is a fast-paced, heart-pounding read from cover to cover.
Published September 11th 2012 by Cedar Fort Books (first published September 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Demons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demons

Start your review of Demons (Seers, #2)
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
4.5 Stars

Demon starts a couple of days after where Seers left off - with Selena escaping and the twins back to safety. Kate now is trying to balance out her life as much as possible. With a few secrets out in the open, she has more help to cope with her abilities as a seer. She also manages to balance her life in school and between Aaron and Patrick. But, the target is still on Kate. With Far Darrig coming closer and mysterious illness bringing the guardians down, the stakes are much higher this
Heather
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My second published book! :) Here's the official blurb:

Kate’s life is far from normal. She can see auras, her boyfriend is immortal, and her powers make her a target. But now that the Demon Lord is hunting her, things are about to go from dangerous to truly deadly. Packed with action, mind-blowing plot twists, and characters you can’t get enough of, this is a fast-paced, heart-pounding read from cover to cover.

I can't wait until September!
Amy_Read to My Heart's Content

My Thoughts:

I was excited to receive this book via ebook from the publisher because it sounded very interesting. I haven't read the first one but I didn't think I needed to because I felt like I could figure it out for the most part.
The background information wasn't the problem; I got plenty of that in the second installment of the Seers trilogy to understand who everyone was and their job description, so to speak.
Unfortunately, the book was just plain
Corina
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of paranormal YA
Recommended to Corina by: N/A
Shelves: arc-shelf
Demons (Seers, #2) by Heather Frost

“Cameras. You’re very lucky to have them. The power to freeze time, capture a moment, an emotion…a person. That’s the most amazing thing to me.” Patrick, Demons.

I have to say I’m more than a little impressed by Demons, so much so that I read this book in one sitting. I was worried that I would have trouble keeping up since I haven’t yet read Seers, which is the first book in Heather Frost’s Seers series. But I was pleasantly surprised to see that Demons stood on its own quite well. Plus there
Sandra "Jeanz"
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wish I could give it more stars...it's oh wow words cannot describe how brilliant this book is....Need Bk3 pretty please!
MY REVIEW
I was sent an ARC e-galley of this book from the lovely author herself. I was certainly looking forward to reading this book as I had enjoyed BK#1 Seer's so much. Here's a link to my review of Seers.
I wasn't sure about the cover to begin with but it's kind of grown on my with time until I am at a point where I really do like it now. My interpretation of the person on
Sheila
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really liked Seers, but Demons blew me away! The level of angst in this book is at a mind blowing +10! There are many surprises in this book. I enjoyed seeing how Kate's confidence grew as her role as a Seer. The relationship between Kate and Patrick is pure and heartfelt. I loved seeing the interaction between these two characters. I grew to love Kate's Grandparents even more. The Demons are just as bad and more creepy than they were in the first book.

Heather's writing has been upped to a
Andrea Carrey
Sep 12, 2012 rated it did not like it
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley.

I was not all that impressed with this book, although there were some things I really liked about it; I enjoyed that the main character was impossible to break, always bouncing back from tragedy and failure. I liked the acceptance and devotion of the supporting characters who were helping her out.

I did not like that the main character didn't seem to substantially grow or learn from her failures. She keeps putting people in danger (and some of them actually
Rebecca McKinnon
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In Demons, Kate really starts to grow into herself. She begins to have a better idea of what it means to be a seer, and leaps into the role when Patrick is sidelined.

Of course, we see more of Tony, who seems to be everyone's favorite guy. Kate's best friend, Lee, is even more colorful than in Seers. (Yes, pun intended. Sorry, I couldn't help myself!)

Kate's relationship with her grandfather seems more developed, and I couldn't be happier about that! He's a great character who would do anything to
McKenzie Wagner
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am very happy to say that I loved Demons even more than Seers if possible. Believe me, that's really saying something because I liked Seers a lot. In this book, there are heart pounding surprises, page turning events, and chapters that make you thirst for more. I'm not kidding. I wish I had a time machine so I could go forward to when the next book is coming out and get my hands on it.

Even as much as I would love to talk more about the plot I had better keep my lips sealed or else every
Ashley
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
This book was just as good if not better then the first. Patrick and Kate are finally together which should make life so much easier for the both of them but suddenly guardians start getting sick and then just disappearing and no one knows what happens to them. Old enemies are back and new friends are made and it all ends with a gut wrenching spectacular crazy surprise.
Mindy
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Words can't describe the ending. Blew me away. Loved it.
Deea (Andreea)
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow! I still need to recover after that ending!!! Way to let us hanging, Heather!

But I should start with the beginning. And I should tell you that even though Demons is the second book in the series and I highly recommend you read Seers first (which is all full of awesome), you can still jump right into this one. Heather Frost does give us a little info and some details on the background at the beginning of the book, and you'll catch on of what happened in the previous book as the story goes on.
Lena
Jul 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
I don't like the black/white divide between protagonists and antagonists. h was naive and read very young and hopeful, and H was written too much like a goody adolescent guy-he was supposed to be 200+ years-make him sound more mature.
series was meant for very young audience and doesn't have the nuances to keep adults interested.
Jeanette
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
The writing has improved and the plot much more fast paced. I feel like it didn’t fall into the 2nd book of the series trap. I’m sad about the fate of one of the main characters, but more sad that it wasn’t emotional enough to trigger tears. Something was lacking for me.
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I received this book as an ARC from Net Galley to read and provide an honest review.

STOP! If you have not read the first book in this series, you will not understand this book at all. So, turn around, go back, get the first one and READ IT! Because you will not be disappointed!

Kate is not a normal teenager; she's a seer. She can see auras and she knows what people are feeling because of this. This also means she can tell the difference between Guardians and Demons. And her boyfriend, Patrick,
Shelley
Aug 10, 2012 rated it liked it
*YA Paranormal Romance
*Rating 3.0

*Review*

18 year old Kate Bennett is a new seer. She became a seer after she was nearly killed in the same accident which took her parents lives. Kate is able to see auras that surround people. Auras are the colors of emotions that surround people indicating their mood, and whether or not they are human, demon, or guardian. Kate is also a rarity in that she can see more than one aura at a time.

Kate is caught between two worlds, the regular world and the
Devon Ashley
To recap, Kate's a Seer that sees ribbons of color in our aura's and can tell what our emotions are, and her boyfriend Patrick is her immortal guardian. The Demon Lord would love to get his hands on Kate cause she's a rarity amongst the Seer world, and he seems to like collecting them regardless. The storyline for Demons is more focused on the guardians when they discover that these immortal beings are suddenly susceptible to a strange new virus that's killing them off. Being a Micorbiologist ...more
Jess(ToTheMoonAndBackReviews)
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Imagine falling in love with a boy who could never die, who never fell ill, who held the power's of regeneration so there is no chance that you will have to watch him die, that your love could be snatched away from you suddenly without a warning.

It is everyone's fear and quickly it becomes Kate Bennet's as Patrick, her Guardian and love contracts a fatal disease despite the assurance that guardians where immortal.

This book drew forth a variety of emotions for me, some good, and some bad.

So, lets
Crystal ✬ Lost in Storyland
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This review is long overdue. At the time of the original release date, I had a lot of work going on in classes, and I kept pushing this book back on my TBR list. It was just so big and daunting. Then it got to the point that I figured I may as well wait until the third book came along, so I didn't have to wait to read it. In a way, I'm glad that I waited so long. There's one nasty cliffhanger at the end of Demons! (It's brilliant, really. I'm just glad that I have the third book at hand!)

Marsha Stokes
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
In the first book, Kate has recently been in a car accident with her parents. They died, but she lived. As a result of her near-death experience, she can now see auras around people. The color of the aura tells her the emotions of that person, making her a Seer. However, it also allows her to see other things, including humans who have died and made the decision not go to heaven and become Guardians to the Seers. Or she can see people who were evil and can't go to heaven because they are stuck ...more
L_manning
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When last we met Kate, she was dealing with discovering that she was different from other people. Very different. Kate is in fact a Seer, a person able to see auras. She can use this ability to help the Guardians, a group of immortals who chose to help those still on Earth rather than go to Heaven, to find the Demons that are causing problems for people. After falling in love with her Guardian Patrick, Kate is now more ready to face the school year. As one would expect though, Kate's life is ...more
CorLostForWords
Apr 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review, blog-tour
Source: Received from publicist. Many thanks goes to Cedar Fort Inc for sending me a copy of this book for review. I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.

My rating: 3/5

Kate is coming to terms with her new powers as a seer. She's acclimating well, but she knows that the Demon Lord is still after her. She and Patrick are in love, and she'll do anything to protect him, as he would do the same for her. She just wants everything to regain a semblance of normalcy, but
Theodora Catalina
Sep 10, 2012 rated it really liked it

By Heather Frost

This is the second book from the Seers Trilogy, something I read thanks to the author who was kind enough to send it to us!

What can I say? I enjoyed a lot the first book, ‘Seers’, and I did not become disappointed with the second novel either! It’s true that the details were too much sometimes, making me believe that maybe I did not needed to read the first novel, but somehow everything was actually good!

The characters developed even more, making their journey even more
Megan
WOW! What a way to end of book! I am so glad that I waited as long as I did to read this book, because had I read this one as soon as I got it I would have screamed at this ending and been so annoyed at having to wait so long to read the third and final book!

Demons is the second book Seers trilogy and it picks up right where Seers left off.

Lee and Toni were even more fun in this book. I'm not sure how that's possible, but it's true.

The relationship between Patrick and Kate while great is a
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Okay...breaths...wow..i mean wow...this is easily one of the best books i've read this year. I loved the previous book but this one..just wow.

The writing is simple and easy to get you in but it's so strong. The story is so strong and filled with emotions. Really i can't remember when it was the last time, that i was actually feeling with the characters and i'm still so freaking sad after those last chapters. I feel as heartbroken as the characters and for some reason it feels so right. Don't get
Tara
Review:

This was definitely an enjoyable read for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in the series, Seers, and this wasn’t a disappointing addition. This book is packed with action – there’s always something going on – and Heather Frost manages to weave a complex yet easy to follow and therefore easy to get swept up in.

In this book, Kate’s world gets turned on its head even more. Having come to terms with her own special powers, and the fact that her new boyfriend is immortal and they’re
Heather (Fic Talk)
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Review also posted on Fic-talk.com

First off, thank you to the author for allowing me to be part of the book tour!

Demons picks up right where the events of the first book, Seers, left off. Kate thinks everything is going well in her life. Her grandparents and twin sisters are okay. She still sees auras, but her boyfriend/guardian, Patrick, is there to help her. Her best friend, Lee, is still as eccentric as ever.

Stacy Richman
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book blew my mind. I was very confused in the beginning until I remembered that it was the second book in a series. The good news is that enough info was given for me to catch up quickly. There were a few things though that I didn't figure out until I was half way in. The plot was well thought out and kept me on my toes, but I spent the whole time reading it wondering if I should just buy the first one and read them in order.

Kate is a wonderful girl that has been through a lot in her
Dorine White
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Story- Kate is back, and so are the demons that are hunting her. Tony and Patrick, her guardians, try to protect her, but there is only so much they can do with a strong-willed girl. To make matters worse, the demon lord has developed a virus that can affect the “immortal” guardians. Kate finds this out the hard way when Patrick, who is also her boyfriend, contracts the disease and has less than 2 weeks to live.

Kate takes it upon herself to save him, heading to Las Vegas to confront the
FicTalk Blog
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviewed-in-2012
Reviewed by Heather

Then, a sick and dying guardian shows up. The only thing is, guardians are immortal and shouldn’t be able to get sick and die. When Patrick begins to show signs of the illness
« previous 1 3 next »

• Refuge (Relentless #2)
  • Relentless (Relentless, #1)
  • Sin & Chocolate (Demigod of San Francisco, #1)
  • Chasing Angel (Divisa, #3)
  • Infinity Chronicles (Infinity Chronicles #1)
  • The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1)
  • Dark Hunt (Shadow and Light, #1)
  • Purify (Blood Persuasion #2)
  • Prophecy Awakened (Prime Prophecy #1)
  • Prophecy Accepted (Prime Prophecy #2)
  • The Girl Who Sees (Sasha Urban, #1)
  • Persuade (Blood Persuasion #1)
  • Darkness Becomes Her (Gods & Monsters, #1)
  • Lunar City (Lunar Rampage, #2)
  • Lunar Rampage
  • Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #1)
  • These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)
  • The Awakened (The Awakened Trilogy, #1)
Heather Frost writes mostly YA fiction and has a soft spot for tortured characters, breath-stealing romance, and happy endings. She is the author of the Seers Trilogy and the upcoming Fate of Eyrinthia series. She has a BS in Creative Writing and a minor in Folklore, which means she got to read fairy tales and ghost stories and call it homework.

When she’s not writing, Heather likes to read,

Seers (3 books)