Start by marking “Psychology and Life” as Want to Read:
Psychology and Life

Psychology and Life

Bringing Psychological Research to Life - Psychology and Life, 20th edition provides the perfect balance of science and accessibility so that students can understand research and its application to daily life. KEY TOPICS: Improve Critical Thinking - Critical thinking questions integrated throughout the text, and end-of-chapter review materials help readers move from ...more
Published March 2nd 2012 by Pearson (first published 1977)

Start your review of Psychology and Life
Izarra Moore
Wait, did I just read an entire textbook?

Why yes. Yes I did.

In preparation for HKU's psychology admissions exam—which I intend on crushing, just FYI—I bought a copy of the required textbook and read it, cover to cover. To save you the trouble of reading all dry-as-toast, typo-riddled 500+ pages, I've outlined the coolest ideas here:

Use framing to orchestrate a more positive outlook. This is a classic concept I've encountered through behavioral economics, but it's worth sharing, anyway: people'
Jianxinghuang
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
I read the 16th version. Writers tried to classify our misunderstanding on psychology. It is just, and should be our every day life. But not a mystery subject. A statistical subject, though it has a history of no more than 50 years or so, psychology had form a system to explain how the world goes and why people live like this. Besides, some experiences are interesting and the results do surprise us.
Damla
IM NO LONGER A FRESHMAN AT PSYCH! Also finished that texbook in the last seven months 💖💖
Anowra
Feb 12, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it is a very good book
Cantfind
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found some areas in the book too simplistic and shallow - to such a degree that after reflecting on what I've just read I found to my amazement that two pages could have been written in just a few sentences and still conserve the whole information - e.g. the review of contemporary views on psychology in the first chapter is very shallow.
The discussion about statistics is laughable - the examples given as studies that demonstrate statistical analysis are examples of bad statistical experiments
Nguyen Vy
I got this textbook for Intro to Psychology Honors and it was a great experience reading it. I started out with only a little pop knowledge on the subject and finished it with much more understanding on essential information of more than ten different topics in psychology. As a textbook, it is extremely useful for me in studying for all the essay exams and writing the 15-page portfolio essays analyzing news, articles, podcasts, etc. Out of the context of this class, it is still worth the read fo ...more
Dawn
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Text book for Psychology course I took. Interesting read!
Justyna
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring.
Virginia Nichols
Although old book, material everone should know
Tín Châu Hòa
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bìa cứng rất là thích.
Thích cái đoạn chiến lược nghiên cứu quyển sách, nghe nó sang ghê lắm, đọc đến đó làm cho mình rất phấn khích, và cảm thấy đây là quyển mà phải nghiêm túc giành thời gian ra để mài mò nghiên cứu rồi.
Tracy Tran
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dù đã được giới thiệu rằng nó là cuốn ít khô nhất trong khối sách nghề, nhưng vẫn thấy khô rang.
Nói về đại cương Tâm Lý, tôi thấy thích Tâm Lý Học Đại Cương của Nguyễn Quang Uẩn hơn. Nhưng làm sao để add sách mới vào goodread nhỉ? Tôi quên rồi?!
Minne Blóm Myosotis
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: american
და მაინც, თსუ ფსიქოლოგების დედაენაა და ვერ დაუკარგავ :დ
Burçin
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Psikolojiye Giriş dersinde kaynak ders kitabı olduğu için okuma fırsatı bulduğum yararlı bir kaynak.
Dili çok akıcı, örneklendirmeleri faydalı. İlgi duyunların incelemelerini tavsiye ederim
Charles
Aug 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good introductory text for psychology. I used it for several years in classes and didn't abandon it because it was weak but mainly to get a change of pace. I particularly used the 11th edition.
Ali Arain

• Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience [with MyPsychLab & eText Access Code]
  • Bilişsel Psikoloji
  • Psikolojik Danışma Becerileri
  • Bir Delinin Hatıra Defteri - Palto - Burun
  • Principles of Everyday Behavior Analysis (with Printed Access Card)
  • Silent Hill: Dying Inside
  • International Economics: Theory and Policy
  • Freud and Beyond: A History of Modern Psychoanalytic Thought
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 1
Richard J Gerrig earned his Ph.D. in cognitive psychology at Stanford University. His academic career began at Yale University, where he was awarded the Lex Hixon Prize for teaching excellence in the social sciences. He moved to Stony Brook University in 1994, where he is currently a professor of psychology. At Stony Brook, he has been actively involved in initiatives focused on innovations in und ...more