Start by marking “Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill” as Want to Read:
Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill

Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  92 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The sole survivor of all that was Asgard, will Beta Ray Bill escape the end of one world only to face his own end in the form of an enemy greater than any he has battled before? Introducing Stardust, a creature of cosmic power who turns his enemies to dust to fuel the stars. And that's just what he intends to do to Beta Ray Bill - and the Korbinite people - but he's only f ...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Marvel Comics Group

To ask other readers questions about Stormbreaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stormbreaker

guanaeps
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Started off really well, but then the super hero part took over completely until it was just "hammer to the face" kind of stuff. Lots of cool ideas throughout, they just didn't hit their mark as well as they could have. It was cool learning more about the Korbinites.

Oeming is an interesting writer though and Andrea Di Vito is always great, so its hard to complain.
Arno Callens
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel-comics
The image of Beta Ray Bill is one I haven't been able to shake off ever since I first encountered him. "So, he's an alien horse that is also Thor?" surely must have been my first thought, back when I saw the animated Planet Hulk, in which Bill plays the part of the Silver Surfer from the comics.

In short, a little backstory was needed. Stormbreaker explains where Bill came from, and where he's going, but does so in a way that is not a hundred percent satisfactory. The tie-in to Thor's Ragnarok m
Paul
May 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
This one wasn't great, I'm afraid. I'm a big fan of Michael Avon Oeming's artwork but with this book, where he swaps his drawing pencil for a keyboard, he proves that he's a much better artist than he is a writer.

There just wasn't much to this. It was just a lot of seemingly pointless fighting in outer space for the first five issues and then, with the final issue, there's a team-up with Spider-Man slapped on the end that serves as a change of status quo for Bill.

It all left me feeling a bit ind
Rohail
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although the ending didn't sit well with me, the fighting was EPIC! This is my first time reading anything Beta Ray Bill and I already love his character but, referring to the end, I don't think I would follow his adventures on Earth though. The epic battles really push it up to 4 stars for me.
Jeremy Raines
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ever want Thor to be a weird horse-man? It's more fun than it sounds.
Devero
Mar 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Successiva al Ragnarock orchestrato da Avon Oeming, questa miniserie di 6 numeri qui raccolta ci presenta il fato del popolo di Beta Ray Bill, che incontra quella forza basilare dell'Universo Marvel nota sulla Terra col nome di Galactus. Splendidamente disegnata da DiVito, ha solo il difetto di tirarla un poco per le lunghe e di non chiarire bene che tipo di araldo sia Stardust.
John Wiswell
Aug 17, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Comics readers, sci fi readers
Summoning the wonder of old sci fi radio serials, Storm Breaker follows Bill, an android who ascended to live with the pantheon of the gods, but was denied a place amongst them when they fell, and so was cast back into the sea of stars, only to find his home is on the verge of its own doomsday. Fantasy and science fiction are treated like the strands of a double helix, grappling with a drama outside the hands of even the gods, Stormbreaker carries a weird, old charm about it that’s hard to place ...more
Angela
Aug 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Set after Ragnorak, Beta Ray Bill has to cope with the death of his friends, and protect his people from a planet shattering menace. This is kind of a tie-in book, so you need to know a bit about Ragnorak to get it. It is quite a sad book, and if you like the character a lot, I suspect it is essential reading. A good read.
Timothy Boyd
Jul 08, 2009
yasekabood
Sep 08, 2007
Declan Nugent
rated it did not like it
Sep 07, 2015