Start by marking “New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain Workbook: Guided Practice in the Five Basic Skills of Drawing” as Want to Read:

Millions of people have learned to draw using the methods of Dr. Betty Edwards. Now, in an essential companion to her bestselling classic, Edwards offers readers the key to mastering this art form: guided practice in their newfound creative abilities.

Here are forty new exercises that cover each of the five basic skills of drawing. Each practice session includes a brief e
Paperback
Published April 28th 2003 by Souvenir Press

Be the first to ask a question about New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain Workbook

Start your review of New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain Workbook: Guided Practice in the Five Basic Skills of Drawing
Teri
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
This is a workbook that goes with the main text, The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain . It has more exercises than the main text (40 exercises, in fact). This workbook has minimal explanation compared with the main text-- the latter delves a great deal into brain hemisphere function and ways to access those parts that are best for drawing, whereas the workbook only focuses on actual drawing. So I think of the main text as the "teacher text," this workbook as the "student text," and the ...more
Jason Pym
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art
Happily there are now endless outstanding books and online courses to teach yourself to draw, and this is one of them.

Here we have forty exercises across a range of subjects and mediums (pen and ink to crayon). Actually, one of my favourite lessons from the book is not one of these exercises but a piece of advice that comes right at the beginning: How to fight procrastination.

We all have these great plans to set aside a day a week or an hour a day to practice drawing, but it never happens – so
Samar
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
This book was about drawing techniques and the art of art. The book helped you with what way you see things and how to put them into perspective in your drawing.
I gave this only 3 stars because of the fact that all the exercises were really tough and I didn’t get much of them and also didn’t get much time to do then.
The best thing that I learned from the book is that when you grow up you will have stopped drawing and you will have the same drawing ability that you had when you were 10/11 or wh
Aubrey
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No matter how long you've been drawing, you can always benefit from reviewing your fundamentals. I thought I was fairly good when I started, having an art degree and over two decades of experience under my belt, but the portraits I drew at the beginning and end of the class look like they were done by two different people.
Some people may say that Edwards only teaches you to draw from observation, but that is the foundation on which all imaginative drawing is built.

For my part, I cannot recommend
Annie Shay
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: how-to-learning
I found it hard to do alone.
Irwan
Drawing is fun. A refreshing change from daily activities, mainly at work, which require logical and verbal side of the brain :-)
Although not a good drawer (yet) myself, this activity has given me the ability to see the world differently.
This book provide an interesting method to follow. Another frontier to explore!

Sep 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good times. fun to play with yourself and your perception.
Bridget
Nov 20, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
hi
Warner
Oct 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Companion workbook to the actual book. I recommend getting both together, very helpful.
Nathaniel Hathaway
May 14, 2014
Adel Dola
Mar 20, 2018

• Drawing the Head and Figure
  • Drawing Lessons from the Great Masters: 100 Great Drawings Analyzed, Figure Drawing Fundamentals Defined
  • No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline
  • Word Power Made Easy
  • Drawing the Head and Hands
  • The Art Spirit
  • Classical Drawing Atelier: A Contemporary Guide to Traditional Studio Practice
  • Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing From Life: Over 1,000 Illustrations
  • The Artist's Complete Guide to Figure Drawing: A Contemporary Master Reveals the Secrets of Drawing the Human Form
  • Dynamic Figure Drawing
  • The Collected Poems
  • The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to Be The Artist You Truly Are
  • Learn Drop Stitch Crochet