Start by marking “Revolution 19 (Revolution 19, #1)” as Want to Read:
Revolution 19 (Revolution 19, #1)

Revolution 19

(Revolution 19 #1)

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  1,942 Ratings  ·  350 Reviews
Twenty years ago, the robots designed to fight our wars abandoned the battlefields. Then they turned their weapons on us.

Published January 8th 2013 by Harper Teen

Blythe
ROBOT. APOCALYPSE.

Now that you have that concept in your head, let me ask you which of the below pictures best matches the image you have in your head upon thinking of scary, menacing robots in a robot apocalypse:

Picture A:

[image error]

Or Picture B:

Photobucket

If the image to appear in your head at my mention of a robot apocalypse even slightly resembled Picture A, then run away from Revolution 19. (But don't run too fast, because these robots roll, and you want to give them a slight chance, right?) No
Steph Sinclair

I feel like I'm in a slump right now. I've been craving some sci-fi, but they last two books have done less than impress me. What is going on? What do I have to do, start lowering my standards? Is it too hard to ask for a dynamic cast of characters, action, drama, mystery and romance?! Oh...wait. Didn't this book promise me that? Huh. Well, let's get one thing out the way right now. That blurb is misleading.

But before we get into all that, I want to take you on a flashback. Yes, a flashback. Bac
Mitch
Jan 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
There were actually tears in my eyes after I finished this, and not because Revolution 19 is particularly emotional or poignant. Nope, I couldn't stop laughing at how awful this train wreck is - it's exactly what I'd imagine a Michael Bay book would be like, if he ever wrote one - so let's just say, between this and Dark Eyes, the majority of Writers Guild of America members should stick to their day jobs and leave the book writing to people who know the difference between screenplay and prose.

I
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
What was there to like about this book other than how quick it was to read? There was zero world building and the characters were two dimension archetypes. I don't think I'm ever going to consume a robot apocalypse story done well.
Ashley
Jul 04, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: requested, arc, e-arc
BookNook — Young Adult book reviews

Revolution 19 is so far my biggest disappointment of winter 2013 releases. I thought it was going to be AMAZING! With a great cover and a great blurb, I envisioned a crazy world thrown into war and chaos, with Terminator Transformers whooping ass left and right and a group of brave teens standing up for FREEDOM and THE FREE WORLD and THE RIGHT TO LIVE! What did I get? A book that reads very much like a lame cartoon with 12-year-old "save the world!" kids as the
YA Reads Book Reviews
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nichole
Originally posted on www.yareads.com, Reviewed by Nichole.

Only a few escaped the robot revolution of 2071. Kevin, Nick, and Cass are lucky —they live with their parents in a secret human community in the woods. Then their village is detected and wiped out. Hopeful that other survivors have been captured by bots, the teens risk everything to save the only people they have left
Shawna
Nov 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Despite earlier reviews I read about this book, I liked it.

The basic storyline: Bots now control the cities and everyone in it. Citizens are micro-chipped and are trackable at all times. "Freeman's" still exist outside the cities in "Freeposts"...that is until the Bots either capture or kill them.

Cass, Nick, Kevin and their parents are living in one such Freepost until one day the Bots come. The children manage to escape, but their parents are captured. They are taken to the nearest city for re-
Debbie Narh
I read up to 25 percent, skimmed until 50 percent and then skipped everything else (legit, didn't even bother to read any of it) and read the last chapter. AND I STILL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BECAUSE THIS BOOK IS PATHETIC.

Full review to come.
Katie_la_geek
Dec 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc, ya
For this review and more visit my blog

Revolution 19 wasn’t exactly anything new but it does do some things a little differently and it was enjoyable. The best way to describe it is The Chronicles of Narnia meets The Terminator, a bizarre mixture but one that kind of works.

Revolution 19 was bizarre for other reasons too. It seemed that for every good point there was also a negative to counteract that and vice a versa. For example, I really loved that this was a book about 3 siblings who were all
George
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Don't want to be too harsh since this book isn't targeted towards me, but this was pretty bad. It's like one part terminator mixed with 3 parts disney channel sitcom. Don't even get me started on the ending.

Only bright spot is that it's very short.
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
One reason I had to read this book is because it reminded me of Terminator and my husband is a MAJOR fanatic of Terminator. I told my husband about it and of course he was interested in it so he told me to read it and then let him what it was about. I am glad about that fact that it is not at all exactly like Terminator. It's certainly has it own appeal that I think anyone can enjoy.

Once again, the human race is enslaved by robots. The robots are not killing humans (well technically there are, b
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Nick, Cass, and Kevin live in the wilds, hiding from the robots that rule humankind in the cities. When their home is destroyed and their parents taken, they wander around for a bit before deciding that they will have to go to the robot city to try and rescue their parents.
Can they rescue their parents? Or will the robots get them first?

This was an okay story, but I don’t think I’ll be reading the rest of the series.

I didn’t really connect with the characters
Cassy
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I LOVED this book. Seriously, it was great. It was suspenseful, it was fun, THERE WERE ROBOTS!!!

robots

Honestly, it was worth it for the robots. And there were a million kinds of robots, which made it even better. The siblings were great in this book. I love how they looked after each other and their ultimate goal was to get their parents out of this place they had feared all of their lives.

In some ways, it has a very 1984 type feel. There are quite a few people who don't like how the world is, don't l
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)

Revolution 19 is one of those books that the plot is not out of this world and unique, but it flows nicely, has great characters, and keeps you interested until the very last page. It has enough action in every chapter to keep you turning the pages, and tons of mystery and suspense. The robots didn’t scare me, though, nor did I feel that it was really that hard to defeat the robots.

I guess I just wasn’t sold on the whole “Robots took over the world” concept. This is what I mean by the plot not b
usagi ☆ミ
Oh boy. Where to start? This was a pretty big disappointment me for me, guys. In pretty much all areas. If you know me, you'll know that not only am I a huge "Terminator" fan, I'm also a huge "Homeland" fan. And considering this was concocted by not only the author and the creator of "Homeland", it makes this a double disappointment. Yet, somehow, I'm not surprised this is a packaged TV deal, and I can easily see it doing well in a YA TV-aimed market. However, what I found inside was not only a ...more
eileen
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

I'm not a very gung-ho science fiction fan and you can obviously tell from what I thought about this book. Revolution 19, while good, wasn't the best and it left a lot to be desired.

First, I had to admit I appreciated the three sibling's family dynamic. They all had talents of their own that when combined created a force that shouldn't be reckoned with. The three siblings Nick, Cass, and Kevin made up an amazing group together
Eric Townsend
Jan 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
A whirlwind of a story, Revolution 19 leaves you feeling exhilarated and wondering what will happen next to the young group.

That is, until you actually think critically whatsoever about the story itself and the details that are presented. You see, Revolution 19 as a preteen/older-kids book works wonderfully. There isn’t a bunch of information that they won’t understand, the book is fast paced with plenty of action to keep the reader’s attention which is vital with the younger generation’s seemin
Amber
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Revolution 19 is a fantastic debut by Gregg Rosenblum. Not only is the cover awesome, but the story was unique, and even better than I had imagined. This was an easy read, and very easily draws the reader into the story-line.

A Robot Revolution erupted twenty years ago. The designed bots that were designed to fight the wars. These bots became so advanced and in the process began taking over the very people who relied on them. Survivors captured were taken to the city, and others that had escaped
Matthew Baker
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
** Courtesy of guest reviewer Skylar Baker, my 14 year-old daughter **

It took me approximately 10 hours in all to finish REVOLUTION 19, a stunning feat for me considering the “busy” life I uphold. This book gives a wonderful new twist on the whole “robots overthrowing the human race” genre. After I read the first two pages, I was completely hooked. REVOLUTION 19 left me on the edge of my seat from the minute I picked it up and can simply be described as “an explosion on paper.”

REVOLUTION 19 puts
Once Upon a Twilight
closer to 4 star than 3. Review coming closer to release date.

updated:

When I started Revolution 19, I was ready to be blown away. The blurb really sold the concept of this book to me. Come on when you know that Robots are taking over and you are the little person now, it has to be good. Welllllll, it was good, it just didn't blow my mind like I had thought it would. The story was simple and felt a little like I have read it before. I think if the author would have added one more unique part th
Nicole
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, nycc12
This book was really interesting. I completely loved the concept of the book and the way that you were introduced to the whole concept was really awesome. In a future world where we were over run by robots, this is where our tragic trio live. This new book is (I believe) the first in a new series.

I wasn't totally enthralled with this book like I thought I might be. I really loved the concept, and think that it is Robopocalypse for the younger crowd. I think the reason that I didn't really like i
Jen
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AMAZEBOTS!

What I loved: The synopsis was intriguing and I found myself sucked in from the prologue, THE PROLOGUE! It's not often that a book simultaneously cracks me up and scares the crap out of me at the same time but this one did!

Nick, Cass and Kevin are all strong characters willing to risk their lives to rescue their parents and keep each other safe in the process. Their journey takes them from a peaceful life in the woods into a city run by robots where resistance means "re-education" or w
Seeing Double in Neverland
For Full Review to go http://seeingdoubleinneverland.blogsp...

3 out of 5 Stars

I recommend this book to anyone looking for a science fiction/dystopian easy slow paced read.
Louisa
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Creepy and awesome, the robot apocalypse! So great, really enjoyed these characters, can't wait to read more!
Gianne
Jun 29, 2012 marked it as to-read
Reminiscent of Terminator (the movie)? I SAY YES.
Remi Foliage
Jun 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
finally finished this book. it's seriously not my type. :( shouldn't have read it
Mitchell Simpson Simpson
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum follows the story of three kids, Nick, Cass and Kevin, who have lived their entire life out in the wilderness with their family in a small town called a freepost. Long ago humans created bots to replace the jobs and work that were deemed too undesirable for humans to do, such as fight on battlefields and in wars. The bots eventually became sentient, realising that in order to help humanity, they had to save the humans from themselves. They turned on their human c ...more
Kris
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF page 60
Diane Shea
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

I enjoy this story and it's nuances. I think this is the kind of book that requires the whole series be read. The ending definitely makes me want to keep reading!
Faye, la Patata
Can also be read on The Social Potato.

Thank you Edelweiss and Harper Teen for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This did not influence my review or opinion in any way.

I've had my fair share of post-apocalyptic and dystopian stories. There's nothing better (aside from zombies, that is...) than reading heroes and heroines entangled in a messed-up system and society and their struggle to liberate themselves from it. But you know, after reading a lot of such books, y
Crazy for Young A...: ✔️Pair B: Thu and Diane (October 2017) 18 125 Oct 04, 2017 04:09AM
The Reading Kingdom: Revolution 19 2 5 Apr 03, 2015 08:35AM
Insomnia Book Club: Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum 1 5 Jul 01, 2013 05:07PM
  • Wasteland (Wasteland, #1)
  • The Ward (The Ward, #1)
  • Half Lives
  • Doomed
  • Arclight (Arclight, #1)
  • Level 2 (The Memory Chronicles, #1)
  • Dualed (Dualed, #1)
  • PODs (PODs, #1)
  • Coda (Coda, #1)
  • Liberty
  • Uses for Boys
  • Unavenged (Unavenged, #1)
  • Terra (Terrestrials, #1)
  • Pulse (Pulse, #1)
  • London Eye (Toxic City, #1)
  • Starglass (Starglass, #1)
  • The Different Girl
  • Transparent (Transparent, #1)
Gregg Rosenblum works at Harvard, where he wages epic battles against technology as an editor/webmaster/communications/quasi-IT guy. He graduated from UC San Diego and has an MFA in creative writing from Emerson College. He lives in Boston with his wife and daughter.

Revolution 19 (3 books)
  • Fugitive X (Revolution 19, #2)
  • City 1 (Revolution 19, #3)
“Right, what's there possibly to worry about?" she said. "Just some surgery in the garage with a drunk doctor."

Little miss," said Doc, pointing a finger at Cass. "I'm drinking. I'm not drunk. There's a difference." He took another sip from his cup. "But in another ten minutes or so, that might change, so you should stop stalling.”
8 likes