Start by marking “Women of Foxwick (The Foxwick Chronicles)” as Want to Read:
Women of Foxwick (The Foxwick Chronicles)

Women of Foxwick (The Foxwick Chronicles)

UNPUBLISHED. Stories can be found in People of Foxwick and Their Neighbors.

A Fantasy Short Story Collection

Follow five women from Foxwick in this five-story fantasy collection.

A bard will lose her head, if she doesn't find the correct notes. A dragon seer must decide whether to betray her dragons or her fair kingdom. An assassin will journey to the Shadowlands to destroy D
ebook, First
Published June 26th 2012 by Surrounded by Books Publishing (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Women of Foxwick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women of Foxwick

Michael Offutt
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading this book, I was hooked and read the whole thing in just a couple of hours.

My favorites in this collection were 1) the dragon seer story, 2) the lady death story, and 3) the twins in the mage game story. But all of them are superb. Those three though are the stuff from which movies are made.

The thing I liked about the dragon seer story was the dragon. The girl in it can communicate with it telepathically, and the dragon had a great personality. Plus you get to see two diff
Graeme Ing
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Here's a fun collection of shorts. The author has managed to pack in an interesting and well-developed world setting and rounded, believable characters into each piece. A great breadth of experiences and unique women, all set against the single backdrop of one world, and it was fun to see Foxwick from different perspectives. There's no waste or filler, just great action and fascinating interactions between the characters that make you want to finish each story.
Christine Rains
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Women of Foxwick is a collection of five fantastic tales in a world of beauty, magic, and danger. In "Lady Bard," Lyrica must play the right tune to free a prince from a curse or else both of them will lose their lives. A young and kind girl named Vesta is dragged before the fearsome Queen of Wintermill to serve her destructive will in "Dragon Seer." "Lady Death" brings us into the dark world of an assassin named Umbria and her quest to kill Death himself. The twin sisters in "Mage Game" are as ...more
Aubrie Dionne
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Women of Foxwick chronicles all of the powerful and clever woman living in Foxwick from the rulers down to the peasants and minstrels. Each tale works on its own, but they also tie together nicely to weave a tapestry of a well imagined world. Lady Bard is one of my personal favorites, telling a story about a lute player that must save the prince with her music to stay alive. Lady Death is a much darker quest story that really pulls on your heartstrings. Mage Game reminded me of a fantasy version ...more
Magda Żmijan
This is a great set of stories. Some I liked more, some of them less, but I liked them all. Why not five stars then? I some stories felt a bit short with too little details, with story that wanted to go further, but somehow stopped.
I have to admit I like each and every one of those heroines. All of them with their special skills described in their special time in history of Foxwick.
From my most to least favorite in this book:
1. Lady Death
And
Cher Green
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, fantasy
Cherie does a superb job sharing the tales of five extraordinary women. From survival through music to the ultimate sacrifice, each woman displays her strengths and weaknesses through wonderful journeys. Women of Foxwick is a must read for any fantasy reader.
Patrick
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A neat generational mini-saga. I liked the medieval version of The Amazing Race.
Tyrean
May 16, 2012
Terri Talley
Jul 18, 2012
Jenny
Feb 24, 2013
Cherie
May 15, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Rachelle Ayala
Erratic
May 13, 2014
Michelle Warren
Jul 27, 2015
Cherie Reich has more books than she can ever read and more ideas than she can ever write, but that doesn't stop this bookworm from trying to complete her goals, even if it means curbing her TV obsession. She is a speculative fiction writer and library assistant living in Virginia.

For more information, please visit Cherie’s website (http://smarturl.it/CReichWebsite) and blog (http://cheriereich.bl