Start by marking “The Blaft Anthology of Tamil Pulp Fiction - Volume 2 (The Blaft Anthology of Tamil Pulp Fiction, #2)” as Want to Read:

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  108 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The follow-up to 2008's successful first collection featuring stories by Indra Soundar Rajan, Medhavi, Jeyaraj, Pushpa Thangadorai, Rajesh Kumar, Indumathi, M.K.Narayanan, and Resakee

A young woman’s fascination with blue films leads to A BIZARRE MURDER!
A bloodline of debauched maharajas falls prey to AN EVIL CURSE!
A beautiful girl uses karate to retrieve A STOLEN IDOL!
Published 2011 by Blaft Publications (first published 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about The Blaft Anthology of Tamil Pulp Fiction - Volume 2

Arun Divakar
Dec 24, 2012 rated it liked it
It was only natural that I would return to this series. A year or so ago, I read the first installment and liked the brainless entertainment it offered. The reading is effortless, the lines cheesy, the action non stop and the dialog unintentionally funny ! Welcome to the world of Indian pulp ! While Tamil pulp fiction might not represent the entire plethora that India has to offer, it definitely is dynamite. You get monsters, broad-chested policemen, women with swaying hips and heaving bosoms, m ...more
Ian
May 08, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a reward for a kickstarter – although maybe not from that particular website – for volume three (as was volume one, but there’s no sign of it yet; I’m still not convinced “kickstarters” – crowd-funding, that is – are actually viable or sustainable, but that’s an argument for another day). Anyway, in India – and in this case, the Tamil-speaking parts of it, such as Tamil Nadu – penny dreadfuls of a sort still exist. They are printed on extremely cheap paper and sold at newsstands or by b ...more
Vedha K
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tamil fiction, thrilling to core as usual!!
Aparna Singh
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Complete 'time pass!'

Read it when you need to be entertained without having to expend much thought.
Chelsea Mcgill
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, recent, onblog
From my blog: http://thegloballycurious.blogspot.in...

In this second volume of Blaft's Tamil Pulp Fiction anthology, the editors have chosen to translate full-length novels and novellas from a variety of authors, including one from Singapore. Whereas a majority of the pieces in the first anthology were detective stories (a fact I mentioned in my review), this volume is mainly horror focused.

The stories include:

"The Palace of Kottaipuram" (1990) by Indra Soundar Rajan

The royal family has been h
Achyutha Anantha murthy
Just finished reading the first novella, "The Palace of Kottaipuram" this is so entertaining! Thoroughly enjoyable fare, when you just need to escape from the dreariness of life and serious reading!
Highly recommended for those who love this genre!
Pooja T
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
I loved the first set of stories I pretty much right away bought this book. I loved this set of stories too. Though this collection has way more horror stories (which I personally love) and less of a mixed bag than the first anthology. I enjoyed the stories, even though some of them were fairly predictable, this was an enjoyable read.
Dhiraj Sharma
You may like to go thru my review written for TPF (Vol-I).

The stories of TPL Vol-II are more or less in line with those in Vol-I in terms of substance.
A few brilliant ones but mostly crap meant to titillate the lowest denominator.
However if you are game for road side fiction and don't mind leaving all the logic and reasoning aside, then go for it.
Swapna Sundar
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read the first story in this anthology, and thought the translation by Pritham Chakravarthy was brilliant.

The story was also well chosen - representing all that tamil pulp is well known for - battles between men fought on the person of women (virgin pubescent girls), status quo-ist plot lines, and two-dimensional characters.
Harini
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pulp fiction, sometimes a little trite, but a decent insight on Tamil magazine stories that our mums and grandmums used to pore over, especially for me, because I cant read Tamil and this is as close as it can ever get, to reading the originals.
రహ్మానుద్దీన్ షేక్
I did like the Indra Soundar Rajan's Kottaipuratthu veedu. But didnt like the kind of English used.
Apt title, its just pulp fiction!
Debarati
Jan 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
An enjoyable bunch of stories but I preferred the first volume's range of pulp fiction.
Pranay
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The stories in the second part of Tamil pulp fiction were really just average. No great shakes. A bit disappointed. 2.5 stars.
Bharti