Start by marking “The Watcher (The Watcher Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Watcher (The Watcher Saga, #1)

The Watcher

(The Watcher Saga #1)

A fallen angel seeking redemption. A demon seeking revenge. The teenage girl caught between them.

Since the new guy, Michael Fontaine, came along, Mia Crawford is being hunted. Strange creatures appear out of nowhere. Visions of another time and place creep into her thoughts.

Searching for answers, Mia discovers a past life of forbidden love, jealousy and revenge that tore
Published March 4th 2013 by InkSpell Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Watcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Watcher

Splintered by A.G. HowardTaken by Erin BowmanMILA 2.0 by Debra DrizaThe Madman’s Daughter by Megan ShepherdPivot Point by Kasie West
YA Debuts 2013
518 books — 2,465 voters
The 5th Wave by Rick YanceyGameboard of the Gods by Richelle MeadMind Games by Kiersten WhiteThe Program by Suzanne YoungLet the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
First In Series (2013)
902 books — 2,337 voters

More lists with this book...

Neliey
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was epic! It was so easy to get caught up in the story. The characters are amazing, the story has such a good plot. This is a great weekend read. The seven deadly sin make an appearance. What is sexier then an angel fighting for you. But can you trust your feelings or are they being manipulated. All things tied to an ancient past.

Heaven
Horror
Deception
What side are you on?
Can you be saved?

Watchers a was deliciously captivating story, that definitely earned FIVE ST
Stephanie Lawton
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
THE WATCHER is perfect for readers who loved the forbidden and seemingly impossible romance of the Twilight series; the kick-ass, scary fight scenes between angels and demons in Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter series; and the hot fallen angels of Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush series.

Lisa Voisin has created an uplifting take of redemption, love and spirituality that proves there's hope for the human race. Never preachy, THE WATCHER is the perfect answer to critics who claim Young Adult lit is to
Corina
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lunar-love-hop
The Watcher

I love this book!

I want to draw pink fluffy hearts around this book. When I was originally approached by Inkspell Publishing about reviewing an ARC of The Watcher I said yes because the cover is simply breathtaking. It might be silly to literally judge a book by its cover, but it’s always the first thing that I notice. Plus who doesn’t love angels? I mean really hot godlike creatures with wings? I’m swooning as I write this.

Mia Crawford is an amazing character, she might actually be o
Cherie
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Angels and demons are deliciously tempting Lisa Voisin’s THE WATCHER.

THE WATCHER drew me into the story and kept me there. The main character Mia has a delightful mix of teen and being older than her time, due to her past lives. The tormented angel Michael is torn between doing what he thinks is right and what his heart knows is right. Michael’s indecision drives Mia’s story and into the arms of the bad boy demon set to take what he wants. I loved the mix of modern setting and then flashbacks of
Stephanie Keyes
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angels
When Mia goes for a walk in the woods, she expects the day to be like any other. That is until she comes across a dead body and gets chased by spectral dogs with gleaming red eyes. When a young man appears out of nowhere, seemingly saving her, she’s haunted by the memory of him.

What Mia least expects is that he’ll turn up at her high school. Yet, Michael appears with a dramatic past and an indescribable draw for Mia. However much she’s interested in him, he pushes her away, though she can tell h
Elicia Cheah
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You can also find this review at http://girlinthewoodsreviews.blogspot...

Detailed Review:

*SPOILER ALERT* (Seriously, if you don't want to know what happens in the end, don't read it. I just always like spoiling books for people in my reviews. It's become a habit.)

To me the book went along the lines of Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but even then, I loved it: the cover, the characters, the plot.

The story starts one morning, when she sees a dead man in the park, and is immediately chased by a creatu
Kat (Kindred Dreamheart)
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, e-reader

The Watcher is a story about a girl named Mia discovering teenage crushes and love seemingly for the first time. Her aim is set on the new kid, Michael- A kid repeating a second senior year and recovering from a near fatal accident. When another leather chad, motorcycle riding new kid arrives, once again Mia’s battling an unexplainable attraction. The trio has a past together, unbeknownst to Mia, even while she becomes yet another pawn in an ancient otherworldly rivalry.

The Watcher is my fa
Elinor
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novel. It was compelling, romantic and so much fun - I could NOT put it down! This world of angels and demons is so fascinating, there were times I got chills it felt so real. The story and the characters stayed with me long after I was finished the book. Voisin is an amazing emerging talent in the genre, I can't wait for the next book in the series!!
Chapter by Chapter
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Watcher by Lisa Voisin was a story of a love that goes back hundreds and hundreds of years. It’s a story of soul mates and a love that transcends time. What could me more romantic than angel who fell a thousand years ago all to be with a human girl he fell in love with. And who goes in search for her during her many lifetimes so that he can protect her and be close to her again. *insert sigh here*

Mia Crawford, a 17 year old high school student, doesn’t quite understand what is happening to h
Laurie Treacy
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
"He tilted his chin to look up at me through his long, dark lashes and there was something so intense, so intimate, about his gaze that my breath froze in my chest."

Mia is the narrator of The Watcher by Lisa Voisin, an involved, engrossing and unique YA paranormal novel. The guy she is referring to in the quote is Michael Fontaine. I finished the book a short time ago but my heart is still on the pages with this unforgettable couple.

From the first pages, this story was engaging. The Watcher beg
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

This book is phenomenal! I was hooked in right away and didn’t want to stop. I did see just a tad resemblance to another few series that I adore, The Fallen series, and Halflings, but just a few things is all. In a good way.

This book has it all, the sweet forbidden love, two fallen angels , one who is trying for redemption, the other evil, and is now a demon. I loved the way the story was told. Kept you guessing what will happen next.

I really like when the book finally got to where Michael (swoo
Henrietta
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
What would you do when you see an unconscious body lying on the ground?

The Watcher begins with Mia finding an unconscious body lying on the ground but before she could figure out what to do, unidentifiable shadow creatures started chasing her and instead of helping the unconscious person, she had to run for her life …

I really like the opening scene – it’s thrilling, haunting and mysterious. As the story unfolds, I find Mia facing one challenge after another. It’s definitely not an easy journey f
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance/Mystery lovers :D
Review can also be found @ Jackie's Book World

*ARC from Inkspell Publishing*

I absolutely love this book! I liked everything about it, from the cover to the characters in the book. The Watcher has definitely something for everyone. There is mystery, romance, and godlike angels that will leave you wanting for more. The story starts off with Mia finding an unconscious body, frozen with terror she doesn't know what to do as soon as she seeing shadows. Right from the start I was able to see somethin
Tracey (Life and Literature)
It was my own desire that made me kiss him, but his response tingled and rushed through me like a spell. I was playing with something strong and tempestuous and I wanted to be consumed by it. My life. Me. I didn't matter. This mattered.

There is something that just appeals to me on a whole other level when it comes to Angels and Demons. I'm truly a sucker for these types of books, so as soon as I heard about The Watcher I knew that it was a book that I would definitely read. So when Lisa Vois
Lily at Bookluvrs Haven
Nov 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review originally featured on Bookluvrs Haven

'The Watcher' shouldn't have captivated me the way that it did.

Why?

It's the same old YA story, that's been told a hundred times, in a hundred different ways... or is it?

For all intents and purposes, Mia is a normal high school girl with a fascination for ancient cultures. A seemingly random event at the park throws her into a path that reveals more about her soul than she ever could imagine.

And into the path of the fallen angel that has loved her for
Chyna
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was an awesome read!

Full review on April 21...

My thoughts...

From the summary to the cover I loved everything about the story. Lisa Voisin is an amazing author, she wrote such a full filling celestial story filled with lust, action, magic and regrets. The story begins when Mia sees an unconscious body then she was attacked by some kind of dark shadow. Michael saw it all happen, but refuses to acknowledge her. Yes, he's brooding, gorgeous, sexy and hot. But he has secrets of his own. Secrets th
Jackie
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a great read! Lisa Voisin really drew me in with this story. The character’s and premise are phenomenal. The idea that you could fall in love with an angel and they would fall from heaven to be with you is both sad and makes your heart thump. Mia and Michael have been through this once before. Now, they are meeting again after millenia have gone by. The attraction is still there connecting their souls. Michael has been given a second chance after falling, but must face Mia again to be l ...more
SassyFraz
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I loved every minute of this book. It hooks you from the first page til the end. ::swoon:: sigh, Michael, yes please! I surely hope there will be a second book to this. So many questioned left unanswered... This is a must read!
Atalia • FMR Book Grind
*Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review from Lovers of Paranormal*

Rating: 3.5

"I was in a world beyond my imagining, a world of angels and demons, with rules and consequences I hardly understood. But beneath all of it was love, as though it were the basis of everything." -Mia

The Watcher brings a nice spin to the average angel read. A unique plot that I haven't read before. I enjoyed following along with Mia and Michael as they went through the internal and external battles that kept
Merin
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars.

Like many folks who read and review YA books, I have been burned by many an angel book in the past. So it was with some trepidation that I started The Watcher, hoping it would be more like my reading experience for Sweet Evil (pleasantly surprised) than my experience with Hush, Hush (seriously annoyed). I'm happy to report that I can easily put The Watcher into the "good" category. I enjoyed our main character, Mia, quite a lot, and found myself swooning right along with her when it
Stephanie Ward
Jul 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, for-review
4.5 Stars

'The Watcher' is a young adult paranormal romance that follows Mia Crawford - our 17-year-old leading lady - as her entire world is turned upside down once she realizes that the world she thought she knew isn't what it seems. After being attacked by a mysterious and terrible creature one day, Mia turns to Michael Fontaine - who claims to know nothing of the things she describes. Mia is sure he's hiding things from her and is constantly confused by the strange feelings she has around him
Ryan Snyder
I freaking loved this book. I am not that big of a fan of angel books, so I did not think I was going to like it that much, but I was pleasantly surprised. (:

The main character, Mia is so adorable and I just wanted to shield her from the bad things that happened in this book. I enjoyed reading from her perspective and slowly finding things out about her past as she discovered them. I also felt that those discoveries, and the story itself, were well paced.
I love how her character has a fascinati
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I must first say I was given a copy of this book as an ARC for a honest and truthful review. This book does not have a release date until March 2013.

If you would like more information on this author or book, you can find this them listed on Goodreads, at the authors blog page is http://lisavoisin.wordpress.com/ , OR Find the author on Facebook and Twitter.

So I have to say that I loved the sweet innocents of this story. Mia and Michael have a love that is centuries old. They have been through a
Hayley G
Oct 24, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: e-arcs
I loved this book! If you're a fan of Romance, than you must read The Watcher- it's bursting with it!

Mia was a great narrator and a very relatable heroine. I really enjoyed experiencing the story through her point of view.

Michael...well I fell pretty hard for this man. He has an angelic, masculine beauty about him, that appealed to both Mia and I haha. Although I should admit that I was frustrated with him through a good portion of The Watcher. I understand why he remained mysterious and distanc
Jessica Rust
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
If I had to describe The Watcher in one word it would be luscious! Thankfully, I can use so many more words to describe it. One might think that luscious is a strange word to be describing a paranormal romance that is filled with tension and excitement but it isn’t. Every sentence on every page is luscious and full.

Here’s a small passage from the book that exemplifies what I mean:

“Instead of saying more, he brushed his fingertips along my cheek, and his halo glimmered. I could hear the waves sl
Andrea Heltsley
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was unique. I liked the concept. They wrapped redemption, love and evil all up in one pretty package. The choice between good and evil is not as easy when the lines are blurred.

This book surprised me from the beginning to the end. It didn't keep me on the edge of my seat the whole way through it, but it was a steady read. The twists and turns were enjoyable and I liked watching Mia's life unfold as well as Michael's.

Mia was a good character, but I really liked Michael's the
Suzanne
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book twice and learned something new each time. Found myself talking about it again over the past few days....and I want to read it again.
It has a depth to it that many won't grasp...some may say it's too simple or unbelievable. I know it to be true! It brought forward many memories of who I am, who I have been and who I have yet to become.
I am very much looking forward to the 2nd and 3rd books....and while I wait, I re-read this one.
There is much learning to be done ....thanks
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
This will be much better if it isn't too cheesy and the love interest is not annoying who always seems to have hurty feelings The dude is so cheesy he makes me wanna puke sometimes.

I guess you can say that I'm not a big fan of the romance aspect but the plot intrigued me so I WILL read the second book. And for the love of god I hope it has a lot of character development involved.

Full review to follow. b>
Niko Sprezzatura
Apr 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cliche

Upon finishing the reading of The Watcher, a Charlie Feathers tune immediately came to mind…”I’ve Been Deceived”. I always denied that I could have my head turned by a pretty cover, but now I must admit, publicly, that I have a problem* hanging my head shamefully*.

The Watcher is the story of Mia Crawford, a high school senior who wonders if her eyes are ears are playing tricks on her. She sees things that none of her friends do – black dogs with demon-like eyes, winged creatures and mist. Are th
16baldwizo
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! As soon as i started reading i couldn't put the book down without wanting to cry because i couldn't keep reading. I don't think there was anything in this book that i would change or fix to make it better! It has an interesting twist at the end and it will keep you hanging of your dear life. I highly suggest reading this story and many more by Lisa Voisin.
The main character in this story is Mia. Mia is interesting because she has lived for a long time but she's also a te
  • Ashes and Ice (Ashes and Ice, #1)
  • Chivalry and Malevolence (Alfheim #1)
  • Pretty Dark Nothing (Pretty Dark Nothing, #1)
  • Kindred of the Fallen (Kindred Chronicles, #1)
  • My Treasures - Four Week Mini Bible Study
  • Until Next Time (The Angel Chronicles, #1)
  • Angel Bait (Angel Assassins, #1)
  • A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1)
  • Hidden (Avena, #1)
  • The Second Sign (The Second Sign, #1)
  • Inception (The Reaping Chronicles, #1)
  • Praefatio (Praefatio, #1)
  • Fall for Me
  • Triangles (Bermuda Triangle, #1)
  • Lash (Broken Angel, #1)
  • The Last Academy, The
  • Prophecy Girl (Angel Academy, #1)
  • Timespell (Timespell, #1)
A Canadian-born author, Lisa Voisin spent her childhood daydreaming and making up stories, but it was her love of reading and writing in her teens that drew her to Young Adult fiction.

Lisa is also a technical writer, a meditation teacher with the Training in Power Academy, and the leader of the Young Writer’s Club, a local writing group for teens in her home town. A self-proclaimed coffee lover,

The Watcher Saga (3 books)
  • The Angel Killer (The Watcher Saga, #2)
  • The Warrior Prophet (The Watcher Saga, #3)
“You seem really familiar,” I blurted. “Have we met?”
He paled. “I don't think so.”
2 likes
“A warm tingle filled me all the way to my toes. It made me feel open and exposed, as though a million eyes were watching me. Something inside told me to relax, and when I did, it eased not only my fright from earlier but all the pain I didn't know I had, as if all of my struggles had been seen.” 0 likes