Start by marking “Flutter” as Want to Read:
Flutter

Flutter

Asada is hypnotized by a handsome co-worker he sees on the street nearly every day. So when the two men are paired up for a high-pressure project, he can’t believe his good luck! But what will happen when Asada’s defenses are shaken by their immediate, undeniable connection? Flutter beats with the racing pulses of brand-new lovers! When success at work leads to an after-ho ...more
Published June 27th 2012 by Digital Manga Publishing (first published October 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Flutter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flutter

Sophie
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ah, but I do love Momoko Tenzen's manga. This is a really lovely story about two coworkers who end up falling in love. It's nothing special, really - there are certainly enough similar manga - but the way it's written is just perfect when you want a nice m/m romance. In all honesty, the men cry a litte too much for my sake, but they're not what I'd call "typical uke tears", so I didn't mind it too much.
Jesse Nicholas
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one pulls at your heartstrings. Literally.

It comes with a whirlwind of emotions that puts the reader in an existential crisis. I rooted so hard for these characters and wanted a happy ending. I'm so glad I picked this one up.
Seva Bivins
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
There just wasn't enough substance to the story
Alexandra
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
Favorite Momoko Tenzen title! Touching, convincing read about two co-workers falling for each other. It's refreshing to read BL where the seme/uke tropes aren't prevalent.
Teetee
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Jackie
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angst, manga, own, romance, yaoi
This ended up being a lot better then I thought, much more deeper then most yaoi out there. This had a lot of angst between the two main characters Asada and Mizuki. Asada had always been attracted to Mizuki ever since he saw him walking down the street on his way to work. He was delighted to find out that they work in the same building, but that's all he knows of the handsome stranger.

Much to his luck, Asada finds out he's working on a new project with Mizuki. He's beyond happy that they get to
Rachel
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Your typical yaoi where plot takes a backseat to the aspects of the relationship. It does differ in that the lines between seme and uke are blurred. This equality creates a more natural feel between the two characters, which fits with the fact that they are both of a similar age. The illustrations are clean, and full of subtle expressions, but the text is not the same, often feeling rushed (it is unclear whether this is the fault of the original or the translation). If you do not know what yaoi ...more
Sarah Hayes
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
I adore workplace BL manga. It's just one of those sub-genres that ends up being an insta-read for me when I see it. Now, they are not all great - but if they wrote half as good as Momoko Tenzen, they would be. I'm a great fan of her title The Paradise On The Hill and I'm incredibly pleased to see that Flutter is equally great. Her handle on co-worker relationships and romantic dynamics is something for fans of atypical BL to truly love.

You can read the complete review of FLUTTER at my manga rev
Miss Susan
Dec 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia
I liked this way more than I thought I would! I really dug the art style, I like the semi-realistic not too stylized approach to drawing people. Which describes Tenzen's characterization fairly well too, Asada and Mizuki actually felt kind of like real people! Mizuki especially appealed to me, the way he deliberately tested Asada and was like 'hey, you know I'm not a nice guy right? I've been dragging you all over town, why aren't you annoyed with me?' I like flawed characters who are aware of t ...more
Tonileg
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, m-m
Another M/M yaoi Manga comic with a workingmen plot with some gay-for-you themes.
There is very little plot to these Manga stories, but the comics are well drawn and I love all the crazy sound effects that are still in the kana on the page which makes me laugh.
I'm not getting into this Manga format, but I may give it another try on my next vacation, but once again, it takes too much space on our bookshelf so I may have to sell it.
200 pages
2 stars
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, I found it very interesting. Although I did get a little confused at times with the dialogue, I'm not sure if that was me but I felt like I was missing pages and kept getting lost. But overall the plot was very cute and enticing and the I enjoyed the two protagonists personalities and their relationship.
Veronica Purcell
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yaoi-read
More of a shounen ai than smexy yaoi. It's a cute story with sweet and charming characters. The seme in uke clothing is adorable. I think the characters worked well here. There's not much room for a spin off with other characters. I guess that's not the writer's intention.

The story was a light romance with some drama to keep it real.

Quite liked it.
Sharlene
Picked this randomly in the e-library. Was an enjoyable read but I didn't think Asada's character was built up enough. We don't really know much about him. I knew to expect M/M but it seemed forced between these two characters.
Lindsey
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-gn
A very nice yaoi manga with excellent art.
Jessie Potts
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yaoi
Really cute and well written, a slice of life yaoi involving two men in a company. There's depth, romance and love
madamada-chan
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bl-manga
The cover is very elegant, with the perfect combination of black and gold. The story was... in one word, breathtaking ♥
Paola