Start by marking “Conquest (Indian Hill, #3)” as Want to Read:
Conquest (Indian Hill, #3)

Conquest (Indian Hill #3)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  1,134 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
And so the end begins...Mike joins forces with an unlikely alliance in a desperate attempt to head off a mass extinction of humanity.
Published May 13th 2012 (first published May 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Conquest, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Shannon Brown
I love Mark Tufo's Zombie Fallout series largely because of the character of it's long-suffering hero Michael Talbot. Nearly my own age, he is the every-guy that I really identify with. When I discovered that Indian Hill was about a young Talbot, I eagerly picked up the audio books and started listening as I waited for ZF6.
I was greatly disappointed in the first two books. The story wasn't a prequel to ZF, it was probably some kind of parallel dimension. The dots between this story and ZF do not
ABR's full Conquest audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

The first book “Encounters” was about Mike and his friends being kidnapped by the aliens. How he survived and how he finally returned to Earth after 18 months.

Book 2 “RECKONING” continues the story of what happened on and to the earth after Mike and the aliens arrived. The survival of the main characters in the face of a total breakdown of society.

“Conquest” (I have audio version) picks up where book 2 left o
Gadget Girl
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit Indian Hill is yet another series of books that Im completely hooked on...jeeze...I never expected to love another series like Zombie Fallout; but here I am just this minute finished Book 3 in the Indian Fallout series and Im already reaching for book 4...NEED more hours in a to wait till tonight now...sigh!

As Ive said with all my Mark Tufo books Ive read so far if you love this author just buy the damn book you don't need to read my review, you know your gona love Mike
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
in book 3 Mike Talbot character that we know and love emerges

Book 3 is where the Mike Talbot character that I've come to know and love emerges. Even though it's a sci-fi novel Mark touches on all the human frailties including bigotry. There are lessons to be learned for all of humanity.
Good job Mark
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Indian Hills 3

Another great outing for Mike and his allies, story telling at its best. Authentic realistic characters you are rooting for all the way, I loved reading this book. It's the best of its king in the genre. Fab
Dionysi Krinas
I liked this one but found that it lacked much of the good humour I have become familiar with in the zombie and Lucan books. I guess that's because Mike is so much younger in these ones. Overall, great read.
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story is as unique, fascinating and rapid paced as the first two books in the series. His characters continue to develop, as do the aliens. The book captured my attention before I finished the first chapter. Another Mark Tufo book I read that was hard to put down.
Tom Porter
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good read

A fun book, I would give it a shot if I were you. I am going to start the next one in the series now.
Brent Bates
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good end point to await next book
Craig Russo
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mark-tufo
So. Mark Tufo gives and gives(not just with his writing) - and then gives some more. On his Facebook page he's always having competitions and giving stuff away. Recently I received my "What Would Talbot Do?" Zombie Fallout Wristband. Since I don't wear these - I have placed it on the head of my guitar. It goes well with my Hazardous Materials guitar strap

Talbot. Michael Talbot is the main character of a bunch of Mark Tufo's novels/series. It seems that in alternative dimensions Talbot is destin
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book, and this series is great...Not my fave out of ZFO, LFO, and IH....I would rate them in that order....oh then Tim...Tim is just In this book I did come across a few contradictions from the other books, but if you aren't a freak like me, you wouldn't notice....I love Tufo books, I always know I am going to get a great story and a lot of laughs...This book did not is more military based then the other 2...but well worth a credit and a listen.. ...more
Scott Templeman
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great addition to the series (I thought this was to be a trilogy but it seems set up for many more). I particularly enjoyed the development of "D" as a character. It was a little hard to get overly engaged in the finale as you really only have a connection with 1 character who is rarely in harms way (which seemed a bit odd for a series that gravitated around the concept of life and death decisions, the illusion of civilization, and a less than veiled allusion to imperialism). The denouement seem ...more
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mark-tufo
......WOW!!! It just keeps getting better and better. First of all, this has been the funniest of the series yet. This series has gone way beyond anything I had anticipated when I first started it. I knew it would be good, but........ The depth of the characters is superb, the situations are enough to immerse you into the world of Indian Hill, and feel with the characters themselves. THIS, is exactly why Mark Tufo is by far one of my all-time favorite writers. I would tell more about the story i ...more
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read the series from 1-3, straight through and all I can say is fantastic. I am not a big SF fan but as it shares the same main character as in ZF series I felt I had to give it a go. Similar style as ZF but with a twist and vibe that makes the reading of this series a joy and fresh in the post-apocalyptic genre. I wish that when it all ends Mark Tufo finds a way to link it all together. Here is my idea, ZF happens but at the end a time machine sends an assassin back to take out the main baddie, ...more
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a climax to a very exciting story. This book sped by and took far less time to listen to than I had hoped! I love to immerse myself in Tufo's books, listening to the brilliant Sean Runnette. This final tale takes the characters, along with humanity, to the brink. It's one hell of a ride. As ever, Mar Tufo's characters are strong and humour plays a strong part in delivering the story. For me, this is what enables me to suspend belief so completely. Talbot's wry humour makes it all feel ...more
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
Book 2 went off on a bit of a tangent with little plot advancement and not nearly enough Mike Talbot, but book 3 is a return to where this story should be. Tons of action and adventure with Mike taking on unfathomable odds and adding in his normal dose of sarcasm and humor makes ‘Indian Hill 3: Conquest’ a fine addition to the Talbot universe. I found this book to be fun, entertaining and interesting. If you’re a fan of Mark Tufo then you’ll like this one as well.
Mike Klein
I'm going to use the same review for both parts 2 & 3.

Somewhat the same issues and strength as Part 1. Times of very realistic plot and dialog followed by some highly cliched writing. Some of the circumstances feel contrived, like if there wasn't something life-threatening every page, something nearly impossible would happen to make it life-threatening. Again the overall plot and pacing make it worth the read, even with the flaws.
Richard Naimy
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all of Mark's books

Hours of adventures following Michael Talbot. Indian Hill books are fun and exciting read. Mark does a great job building the characters and their interaction with each other is like no other. Three books down, one more to go to complete this series. Looking forward to see where Michael ends up?
Chad Currie
The mix of 1st person and narrative voice is a bit off putting, but more than made up for the kick ass nature of this series. Not super intellectual and is my guilty pleasure. Entertaining characters. The multiple love interests pattern is getting a bit old and I don't care for the direction Beth's character is going.

World class sci-fiction it is not, but certainly entertaining.
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome series with more to come I am sure. This third installment gets a bit more out there in terms of believability than the other two, but with this style of fiction, that's a minor criticism. This is likely the best "aliens come to earth to conquer and run into a buzz saw" genre stories I've come across. Highly recommend.
Christy Thornbrugh
This was really good i think my favorite out of the 3 IH I think i read some were that there will be a IH 4 i hope so cant wait to see were mr. tufo will bring this story to.
This was different then the zombie fallout books but still just as good. He is a awesome writer and is quickly become one of my favorites

Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, more than half way through with this series and the only word I can think of that comes to mind to describe this series so far is, unbelievable!! A very good series so far, these books, by far, keep me addicted and want me to keep on reading to find out what happens next.

Awesome job, Mark Tufo!
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was an amazing series and the ending was great. Only problem was I wanted more! Mark Tufo is a great writer and his stories always seem to pull you in and keep you wanting more. Def must read!
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sad this is done; tied up ending quickly- a bit too quickly.
Shawn Kass
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, great ending. The world is not going to accept the hero's choices very easily, but they wern't there, he was, and he did what he had to.
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, tufo
Fabulous, just as good as the first two! I can't wait for the next one. : )
Di Turner
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again - I loved it. Made me laugh, cry and cringe.
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mark-tufo
Very enjoyable. I like marks style of writing. Now back to zombie fallout series.
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome! Indian Hill 4! Please!
  • America the Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #3)
  • Return (A New World, #2)
  • Dead Hunger III: The Chatsworth Chronicles
  • Undead Tales
  • Extinction Level (Secret Apocalypse Book 2)
  • Among the Living
  • The Rising Horde: Volume Two (The Gathering Dead, #3)
  • Deadlocked 4 (Deadlocked, #4)
  • Degeneration (Degeneration #1)
  • Rise of the Horde (Zombie Attack #1)
  • Echoes of the Breakdown (Renewal #2)
  • Left with the Dead (The Gathering Dead, #1.5)

Indian Hill (5 books)
  • Indian Hill (Indian Hill, #1)
  • Reckoning (Indian Hill, #2)
  • From The Ashes (Indian Hill #4)
  • Into the Fire (Indian Hill #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Nightstalkers (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Book of Truths (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Rift (Area 51: Nightstalkers, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Time Patrol (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
  • Moving Mars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Salt Roads
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Final Trade (The Dominion Trilogy, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Reluctant Queen (The Queens of Renthia #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timequake
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00