Start by marking “Peedie” as Want to Read:
Peedie

Peedie (Gossie and Friends)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  415 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Peedie is a small yellow gosling who sometimes forgets things. But he never forgets to wear his lucky red baseball cap. He wears it everywhere. Until he puts it in a secret place.
Published August 30th 2004 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Peedie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peedie

Jon(athan) Nakapalau
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We all lose things! Great lesson for children.
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
Check out more picture book reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Peedie is a gosling who forgets things. What does he do when he forgets where he put his favorite red baseball cap?

I'm a fan of the Gossie and friends early book series. The drawings are so engaging and the rhythm of the words make the story have fun and movement even though there is a lot of repetition. (Repetition helps cement the new vocabulary in the child's mind.) The same is true for this little book's pictures and words, thou
Andrew Christou
Jan 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Summary:

Peedie is a gosling. A small, yellow gosling who sometimes forgets things. But there is one thing he never forgets: his lucky red baseball cap, which he wears wherever he goes. That is, until one day when he does forget it. Can Peedie find his lucky red baseball cap?

Review:

A simple story with cute, colourful illustrations, but that is all. I was disappointed with the rhymes. The rhyme scheme, if you could call it that, was irregular at best and largely comprised of half-rhymes. Granted,
Ina
Apr 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When I stumbled upon this book, while searching my library catalog for something else, I fell in love with little Peedie. The boys and girls at storytime this morning could really relate to him and his forgetfulness...and the tasks he avoids (like straightening out his nest!). It is a small book, so I was fortunate that today I was reading to a very small group.
Jeff
Jun 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Dunrea's books are cute! The characters are cleverly drawn and the stories are whimsical and heart warming. Peedie is the first one I picked up. It tales the tale of a little gosling that is a little forgetful, and the day that he forgets his favorite hat. A fun read to include in a bedtime reading routine of books to explore. We checked ours out at our local library.
Nicole Darby
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute book
Heather Jo
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
David
Aug 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Peedie (Gossie & Friends) by Olivier Dunrea is another entry in the gosling series featuring a gosling who sometimes forgets things. But Peedie never forgets to wear his lucky red baseball cap. He wears it everywhere. Until he puts it in a secret place.

The text features a large font and lots of repetition, making it a good choice for beginning readers. Verbs featured include wears, dives, slides, explores, snores, looked and trudged.

The illustrations are the highlight, showing Peedie balanc
June
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: librarians, parents teachers
Shelves: programbook, hats
I really like Dunrea and need to remember to try this in my March Hats story time since I get a smaller crowd now that so many children go to day care and preschool.

Peedie, a forgetful gosling, wears his red baseball cap everywhere. One day he puts it in a secret place, but he forgets where he puts it. 4/13/12

One of my favorite hat stories, since I have become so forgetful. Since I had a small group tonight 4 children and 6 adults I threw this in since 2 were late. 3/5/13

I also tried this at lap
Christina
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
The series begins with Gossie & Gertie although they do not have to be read in any particular order. They are short, cute and fun books. They do not teach any higher values and morals; they are purely for entertainment. The reason I give them all four stars is because my son loves them so much, he carries them around with him everywhere and I like the art. Anything that encourages my semi-reluctant reader that well deserves a decent rating.
Tyrone Hardy
Apr 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: easy-read
I think Peedie is a remake of Goosie, but this book tells about a forget little duck who misplaces his favorite red hat. This is a book that anyone, especially pre-k to 1st grade students can relate to. Students can also anticipate easily what is going to happen in this story, thereby keeping them well engaged.
Carol
Feb 21, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: kiddie
This was the last of the Dunrea gosling books I read (to my child) so the formula of the stories was more obvious & less charming to me than the first ones I read. Still, cute pictures and cute characters. I'm glad it's in our board book collection.
jacky
Mar 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
Not as nice as Gossie. In fact, the way it is so similar to Gossie, but not about cute boots made me like it less. Pictures are still cute and we follow Peedie forgetting to do interesting things. Where the hat is in the end is cute, but not sure why turning the egg would be his job.
Ruth Ann
I just love the Gosling books by Olivier Dunrea!

In this one, Peedie puts his hat in a secret place, but then forgets where the secret place is - will he ever find his lucky red baseball cap?
Heather
Aug 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Both my kids have always enjoyed the Gossie and Friends series of books. Even at 2 1/2 when H saw this one at the thrift store it was a MUST have. I have always loved the simple yet beautiful and detailed illustrations.
Rebecca
Apr 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: early-readers
Olivia Dunrea's simple early readers are cute and well done with interesting words included through the text. Missing the humor and irony of Mo Willems, but a whimsical story for very beginning readers regardless
Petra Castellano
Jan 13, 2012 is currently reading it
Shelves: fave-books
I love this book. It is one of my favorites because my name is Petra, and everybody calls me Petie. Peedie is pronounced the same way that Petie is pronounced. It is a great book for kids. I also forget things a lot too!!
Dee
Jan 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Too cute to give less than five stars.
Joy
Mar 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, read-to-alyssa
Sooo cute!! I read this to my daughter, I want to read the rest in this series to her too! =)
Jenni
I can't get enough of these cute books.
Ashley
Apr 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Love this little gosling series by Dunera. Simple story, cute pictures... highly recommended for boys or girls.
Jun 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is really cute, my 2 year old daughter enjoys it. :)
Rhianna Wang
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Woohoo!
Claire
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Love these books.
Denicemarcell
Peedie is forgetful, this is not a problem for him till he forgot the safe place he put his lucky hat in .
Sep 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
cute peedie
Nioniel
May 04, 2009 rated it liked it
It's hard to read a book when your brother is trying to eat it at the same time.
Sarajane
Jun 09, 2008 rated it liked it
Loved "Ollie"; Peedie is cute but not as good. I love the simple illustrations.
Nancy
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Cute and sweet. Love the illustrations.
Megan
  • Froodle
  • Kipper's A to Z: An Alphabet Adventure
  • Baby Says "Moo!"
  • Under My Hood I Have a Hat
  • Baby Happy Baby Sad (Leslie Patricelli board books)
  • Pigs Aplenty, Pigs Galore!
  • Mommy Hugs
  • Haiku Baby
  • Who Hops?
  • Jump, Frog, Jump!
  • Five for a Little One
  • Cat  Mouse
  • Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy
  • Dog
Since his debut in 1983, author and illustrator Olivier Dunrea has created a steady stream of picture books, including concept books, stories of family life—modern and ancient—and stories about artists. Many of Dunrea's picture books testify to his love of animals and his interest in archaeology and folklore of the British Isles, and several—including Ravena, The Trow-Wife's Treasure, and Bear Noe ...more
More about Olivier Dunrea...

Gossie and Friends (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Gossie
  • Gossie and Gertie
  • Ollie
  • Ollie the Stomper
  • BooBoo
  • Merry Christmas, Ollie!
  • Ollie's Easter Eggs (Gossie and Friends)
  • Ollie's Halloween
  • Gideon
  • Gideon and Otto (Gossie & Friends)