Start by marking “Untamed (The Amoveo Legend, #3)” as Want to Read:
Untamed (The Amoveo Legend, #3)

Untamed

(The Amoveo Legend #3)

The Amoveo are an ancient race who've lived secretly among humans for thousands of years. They are beautiful and incredibly strong but their race is extremely fragile--each has until the age of 30 to find their soul mate, before their bodies start to die a slow, painful death.
Layla Nickelsen has spent her life running from a mate she didn't choose, until William Fleury fi
Mass Market Paperback, 300 pages
Published November 6th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Untamed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untamed

Sara Humphreys
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes. It's my book and I'm rating it. Why? It's simple...if I don't think it's a fun read then why the heck should you? I hope you'll enjoy Layla and William's story. Dream on...
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
3 Shapeshifting Stars!

I love shapeshifters! And the ability to change into an animal seems so much appealing to me. Sara Humphreys has created a very interesting mythology in the Amoveo series.

So far I've really enjoyed the worlbuilding and all the intrigue. I picked up the book and I was ready for a Purist/Loyalist faceoff and since Layla knew her legacy I was expecting breathtaking action and.....

description

For 2/3 of the book we live through Layla's reluctance to mate with (the amazing , I had to add th
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Untamed is the third book in the Amoveo series. I have been meaning to read this series, I fell in love with book one over five years ago but when the series became freebies last year, I grabbed them all up because YEAH I am not going to resist that temptation. And I keep forgetting about it, but this series is just perfect to read around this time of year and after getting into Untamed I just knew that I needed to delve more into this worl
Jennifer Wilson
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Ok, I love, love, love this series!! The books just keep getting better. I enjoyed this book, but it has wanting more NOW! The characters are great. I can't wait to see the new additions get their stories. Of course, it is always nice catching up with past characters. Sara Humphrey's is a great voice in the paranormal romance genre. You must read these books. You won't be disappointed.
Secretly Reading
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is book three in the Amoveo Legend series but I hadn't read the first two and didn't need to. This world of shifters who have other energy abilities is well conceived and presented in an easily understood manner. I like this unique world and know other paranormal readers will too.

I also like the characters. William and Layla appear on the outside to be opposites. Layla is a free-spirited photographer and William is an uptight attorney. But they balance each other beautifully. Since this is
Scooper Speaks
Aug 26, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5
Favorite Lines: “You can’t make me fall in love with you and expect to get away with it.” (p. 301, e-galley)

Have you started reading Sara Humphreys’ Amoveo series yet? I did a while back and I don’t regret it either. It’s a predestined mate, shifter style romance series that sometimes is just what I want. Untamed is book three in the series. I think it can be read as a stand alone.

Imagine shifters living in the same world as you and I. As with most cultures/peoples there are those who are con
Shauni
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Book Three of Sara Humphreys Amoveo Legend Series takes us out of the Bayou and into rural Maryland. Where we find that it's not all small town hicks.. (please people don't think this is a dig on small towns as I am currently looking for the perfect small town to move to) This book shows the sultry side of the south..

William Fluery, the oh so sexy man in control. Everyone knows that when William is around he is in control. An attorney for the Council, a man in a brooks brothers suit (ok doesn't
Delphina
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
How have I not read this series before?!?!?! It was so amazingly yummy and fun. I was a bit concerned that by reading a book part way into a series that I might not be able to completely "get" the story. That was not the case. From chapter one, I was incompletely hooked on the amazingly developed characters and intriguing story line. I am sure I would have understood some of the subtle nuances better if I read the first books in the series, but I really felt this book was a complete story in and ...more
Adaiah
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I adored the stiff William, and watched Kayla work her magic on him. Excellent read.
Nancy Eaton
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sara-humphreys
Loved it this series just gets better
Lucy Dosch
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
William Fleury is one uptight shifter. He was not nicknamed the “iceman” for nothing. So how does he end up with a mate who is such a free-spirited, fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants kind of girl?

Layla Nickelsen knew she was half human/half Amoveo and she feared the day that some neanderthal Amoveo would come to her door, beating his chest and screeching that she was his mate, and thinking he was going to be dragging her off by her hair to do as he says. Oh, hell no!! Especially, not after her mothe
Vicki  Rose
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In recent months, I have taken to calling Ms Humphreys "Sara The Great", and after reading the latest release in her Amoveo Legend series, "Untamed", I know that she is living up to that nickname everyday!
Ms. Humphreys is still fairly new on the author scene but with her sexually charged and incredibly mesmerizing Amoveo clan, you would think she's been an author for ages. Ms. Humphreys can draw a reader in from the very first paragraph & before you know it, you'll be every bit as addicted
A.R. Von
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found out after I read this that it was the third book of a series. I had no clue! I’m a touch sad that I did not know so before hand and did not get to read the others. But I’m not that worried and plan to get the first to books soon. With that being said and you all knowing this is the first time I’ve read from the series. I LOVED IT! I was not lost; I loved the flow of the story, its originality, the excitement, sensuality and the fact that it has quite a few hot paranormal's in it (those A ...more
Visionary Druid
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it

Third installment of Sara Humphreys's Amoveo series. Sort of had a hunch that Willie and his lady would be next. The way he kept "disappearing" on business in Untouched clued me in that his "mate" was near.

So happy that my guess/hunch proved right. William aka Willie as a friend likes to call him, we met in previous books; however in Untouched we meet more of his character, got to interact with him.

Layla - we got to meet her character but not enough to know her personality. Not as much as Will
Sandie
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Layla has always known that she was a hybrid. Born of a human mother and an Amoveo father, she has never felt that she belonged to either camp. Raised by a loving foster mother with two other hybrid children, she returns to the homestead when she encounters a stalker in her dreams. The stalker is William, and he is destined to become her mate, or at least that's what the Amoveo world would have her believe.

But Layla isn't sure she wants to agree. When William follows her to the farm, she realise
KindleJo Jo
Nov 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
This is a 4.5 star book!

This third (fourth if you include the short story) installment in the Amoveo Legend picks up right whereUntouchedleaves us. William is going after his mate, Layla knows that her mate has found her and is horrified to be tied to someone just because destiny says so. You can truly understand her fears based on the knowledge that she has been given regarding the Amoveo species.
William is patient and understanding. Their chemistry burns off the charts. There were some twists
Lynda Scott
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Untamed
by Sara Humphreys
Sourcebooks, Casablanca
November 2012

Layla has dreaded the day her Amoveo mate would find her. But as fate would have it, he shows up on a photographic shoot in New Orleans. Before he can claim her, she flees to the one place she's always been safe, her small hometown in rural Maryland and the farm where she spent most of her childhood.

After experiencing her mother's mental instability and being put in foster care, Layla has serious trust issues. When she finally ends up a
Michelle the Romance Witch
Layla and William’s story was an awesome chapter in the Amoveo story for so many reasons. The overall plot including the vast changes caused during the group’s confrontation with the purists is beginning to take the series into a bit of a different direction I think. The love story between these two flawed and apprehensive lovers was rich and full of human emotion and the scars that the past can cause and overcoming them. And of course meeting new characters that will allow for future books in t ...more
Franjessca
Full Review posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

I recommend this book to paranormal romance readers, shifter lovers, and fans of Sara Humphreys.  Also...to people who have wanted to read Sara's books for a while.  What are you waiting for?

"Untamed" is one book that had my heart racing and pounding due to all the excitement and of course I do not want to forget the steamy moments between two characters who were made for each other.  =)  I need a cold shower now.
Looking forward to the fourth book next year
Lisa Borbeck
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't formulate the words to explain to you how totally epic this book is... first book was amazing, second book was incredible and now? This third book? Takes the story to a WHOLE new level... I am officially jealous of anyone who hasn't read this because they get to experience this brand new for the first time... I highly recommend that you take a week vacation so that you can completely dedicate the time for reading this series because you will not want to do anything but read until the end ...more
Rexanna Ipock-Brown
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As always, Ms. Humphrey's books are well-written, entertaining, and have the best happy endings. In this one, the language also stood out for me. The author's use of words and phrases added a texture to the story that made it even more pleasurable to read.

Her world of shifters who mate with different species is built with care and precision, which makes the quirks even more surprising. Layla and Williams story is full of heart and hot sex. I chose Ms. Humphrey's work forever.
Samantha Russell
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Man Layla was just bitchy but still loved her and William, a perfect gentleman. This story was better by far only because it had so much adventure and and so much information, of course the romance the tragedy and sadness all the ingredients to a great book! You must read this story for yourself to determine your opinion but Sara Humphreys does not disappoint
Rebecca Whaley
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book! The characters were great if somewhat aggravating. The heroine was very stubborn and closed off which is valid considering her background. The hero was starchy but he mellowed quite nicely. The storyline was well thought out and flowed great. This series gets better as you go along. I highly recommend it!
Lita Acevedo
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 3, the story of William and Layla. If you've been reading the series, you know the basics and this book is similar. The backstory of the Purists is advanced and lines have been drawn. There are now Purists and Loyalists. I would expect more to that story in future books. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to readers of PNR.
Stacie
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good read. William is known as a very uptight guy but when he meets Layla he knows instantly that she is Amoveo mate. He has been meeting her in his dreams but she always hides from him. Layla wants true love not just someone who HAS to be her mate. William has to convince Layla that she is the one for him and that it is not just due to the bond that they share.
Sally
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun read in the Amoveo series, as the plot thickens and the Purists come I to the open.
I’ve already grabbed the next book, Undiscovered, which starts an offshoot to the Amoveo series.
I really enjoyed this book
Cathy
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, when is the next book due? I loved William and Layla. I also like the way we are kept updated on the previous books. LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!
Joelle
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Untamed (The Amoveo Legend #3)

by Sara Humphreys

Layl
Maxie
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Untamed by Sara Humphreys

One of the clear, and crisp energies that Sara Humphreys brings into my favorite genre paranormal romances is a consistent passionate love, devotion to the importance of family creating a potent bond. This glue is a mainstay I find in her Amoveo series. In Untamed Ms. Humphreys brings strong, independent, stoic, wise, intelligent, individuals who are easy for a reader of this genre to find commonalities.

Amoveo society members have to live undercover to avoid torment fro
Amanda
So I have not read the first two books of this series. I don’t really feel as though it was necessary to have read the first two books. The author does a good job of summarizing what has happened to date so I didn’t feel lost and picked it up the new world pretty quick.

This take on shifters was pretty easy to pick up and was pretty interesting. In theory I liked the concept. When you find your mate it makes you stronger, better more whole. However, if you don’t find your mate or if your mate di
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Highland Werewolf Wedding (Heart of the Wolf, #11)
  • Dire Wants (Eternal Wolf Clan, #2)
  • Predator's Refuge (Gemini Island Shifters, #3)
  • Deliver Me from Temptation (Paladin Warriors, #2)
  • Wolfishly Yours (Westfield Wolves, #6)
  • A Tiger's Claim (Ashwood Falls, #1)
  • Primal Possession (Moon Shifter, #2)
  • His Darkest Embrace (Jaguar Warriors, #2)
  • Immortal Craving (Dark Dynasties, #4)
  • Sterling (Zodius #2)
  • Seduction's Shift (The Shadow Shifters, #2)
  • For the Love of a Goblin Warrior (Shadowlands, #3)
  • Hunter's Heart (Alpha Pack, #4)
  • Quinn's Quest (Legacy, #4)
  • The Darkening (Guardians of Ascension, #6.5; Dawn of Ascension, #2)
Sara Humphreys is the award winning author of the Amoveo Legend series. The third book in the series, UNTAMED, won two PRISM awards--Dark Paranormal and Best of the Best. The first two novels from her Dead in the City series have been nominated for the National Readers Choice Award. Sara was also a professional actress. Some of her television credits include, A&E Biography, Guiding Light, Anot ...more

The Amoveo Legend (6 books)
  • Unleashed (The Amoveo Legend, #1)
  • Untouched (The Amoveo Legend, #2)
  • Undone (The Amoveo Legend, #4)
  • Unclaimed (The Amoveo Legend, #5)
  • Undiscovered (Amoveo Rising #1)
“Fate or imprinting, or whatever the hell my people want to call it – none of that can make me love you.”
“I love you, Layla. I love your stubborn streak, the way you love Rosie, Raife, and Tati. I admire you desire for independence, and Lord knows, I love your moxie.”
“Fate didn’t make me love you… you did.”
5 likes