Start by marking “Fair Play (Diamond, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fair Play (Diamond, #1)

Fair Play (Diamond #1)

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  274 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Forced to live a clandestine life, Danielle "Dani" Jordon believes she has found a safe haven in Las Vegas until she meets devastatingly handsome casino owner Jace Diamond. With his compelling sexual magnetism and mind-numbing kisses, Dani finds her world turned upside-down. Resisting the most compelling man she has ever met proves to be a task Dani doesn’t have the streng ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fair Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fair Play

Laura Thomas
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it

I have so much to tell you. I had such a good time reading FAIR PLAY! This story starts out hot and gets hotter and hotter. The sexual and emotional radar pings frequently.

Dani is enjoying some time alone at the rooftop pool. Her new job as a waitress at the Diamond Hotel & Casino starts soon. She drifts off to sleep under the warm touch of the sun.

In her dream, cool hands linger on her skin, caressing her body. She awakens slowly, her eyes focusing on a man’s muscular legs standing next to
Ann Montclair
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mix together two strong and lonely people, add secrets, pour in a sexy location, and turn up the heat: FAIR PLAY delivers. Janna Shay writes well, tells a great story, and amps up the sensuality. This story takes on the cliche "All's fair in love and war." Dani and Jace, the protagonists, are completely unprepared for the torrent of emotions that come with instant attraction. They can't play fair when it comes to love. It's a battle of wills and a very sensual ride. Read it!
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Aug 29, 2013 marked it as my-kindle-freebie-to-read
FREE TODAY 8-29-13 on Amazon
LINK:
Liv Rancourt
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
The premise of this book is awesome: a young woman on the run ends up in the arms of the hottest man on the planet. In Vegas. Really, what’s not to like? And for the most part, I gotta say Ms. Shay pulls it off. Sin City sparkles, her opening scene has to be measured in centigrade because it’s too hot for Fahrenheit, and Dani and Jace have real chemistry.

My main quibble with this piece is that in the first half, I could have used more detail around Dani’s secret past. I knew there was something
Anita Kingsberry
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hi, I'm Anita Kingsberry

I thought this was a thrilling an sensual novel to read. I enjoyed the relationship between Jace and Dani. I enjoyed their sexy teasing game they play with each other throughout the story. I loved that the story took place in Sin City, Las Vegas. I really felt badly for Dani’s situation she was in when she ran away from home. This novel had it’s touching moments that made me cry and love scenes were hot.

The story begins when Dani moves to Las Vegas and starts working at a
Kym Grosso
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dani is running to escape her past when she takes a job as a cocktail waitress at a Las Vegas hotel. Jace, the handsome hotel owner, is captivated by Dani from the first time he meets her. Soon after, they share a steamy poolside kiss. But little does Dani know that the man she just kissed and left at the pool is her new boss.

Jace continues to pursue Dani, and they soon find it impossible not to give into their passion. Despite loving Jace, Dani does not want to commit, knowing that she may soo
Julia Bade
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dark secrets are dancing on the outskirts of spicy romance and true love in Janna Shay's novel, Fair Play. I loved the connection between Jace and Dani that was instant from their first meeting at the casino pool, a scene that will take you by surprise and which basically sets the pace for the electric charge that follows the entire storyline. I truly loved the conversation and the growth of their relationship. The end is just the action sequence needed to top off the happily ever after for two ...more
J.R.
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story was such a great ride and I very much enjoyed the voices Janna gave her characters. I swooned over Jace, the wealthy casino owner who doesn't know how to take no for an answer and love love loved the plot twist Janna threw in there in the 2nd half of this book. The growth of the relationship between these two was fun to read and the way Janna tied everything together in the end was fantastic. Terrific story telling and just an all around highly enjoyable read. Looking forward to more ...more
Libby Mercer
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Janna Shay's intimate scenes are hotter than hot and she opens with a sexy dream sequence that is actually a reality! Dani is a fascinating character and Janna keeps us intrigued and wondering about her past until all is revealed. There were some great plot twists and a nail-biting ending. Switching to the creepy bad guy's POV was effective in pulling us into the suspense. And then of course there's the chemistry between her and the hero, Jace. Seriously scorching. A fabulous read!
Katy Lee
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Miss Shay, you left me in smiles! The only negative thing I can say about Dani is I didn't like that her body remained the same as it had been before childbirth (TWO childbirths)! :) Seriously, this book starts out quite hot. Typically, I tend to sway toward sweeter, more plot driven stories, BUT Fair Play became just that. Stick with it! Soon, I was enthralled and quite impressed. Especially with the hero, Jace. Quite enthralled and impressed, actually. ;)
Lorie Glowania
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Dani comes to Vegas to work a a waitress and meets Jace Diamond who runs the Casino. Sparks fly but Dani doesn't want to mix business with pleasure but deep down it goes further then that. Dani has a secret and she has to learn to trust Jace. Will she be able to escape her past or will it come back to haunt her. Enjoyed this story very much the writing keeps you hooked
AngelinaT
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely wonderful story! It was a gripping story right from the first page. It had suspense, romance and will leave you on the edge of your seat. You won't be able to put it down until you are done. The characters were all lovable and I enjoyed every word of it!
Denise Bailey
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
HOT, HOT, HOT!!! Great job. We need more from this author...please. denise bailey
Claudia
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great read. Thanks Janna:)
Jules Batemen
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was soooo good!
Maddie
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book on a 5 hour car trip. That's how amazing it was. Good day.
M.L. Woolley
Jun 09, 2012 marked it as to-read
This sounds like a really good read! I am looking forward to reading it soon-
Dana Delamar
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I picked up this book, I'd somehow gotten it in my head that it was romantic suspense. Turns out it was a contemporary romance with a suspense subplot, which is fine, but it led me to be a little impatient to get to the suspense part until I realized that I'd misjudged the genre. So bear the genre in mind when you read the book!

There's lots of hot and heavy chemistry between the leads, Dani and Jace. Jace owns the casino where Dani gets a job. She's on the run, and doesn't intend to get inv
Debbie
Aug 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Fair Play was a good book. Dani goes to work at a casino in Vegas . She's been running for several years and is convinced that because of something that happened in her past, the police are after her. The owner, Jace is attracted to her the moment he sees her. He's is relentless in his pursuit, and they finally begin dating after he's able to get Dani to see the chemistry between them isn't going away. There are secrets, there are some truths that come out and there's also a stalker involved in ...more
Delta
Jun 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Delta by: ereaderiq.com

Danielle (Dani) Jordan was running away from trouble and tragedy when she started working at the Diamond Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. Jace Diamond, owner of the casino, was determined to have Danielle from the time he saw her sunbathing at the hotel's pool. Fireworks spark between the two and a stormy relationship ensues. When a stalker from Danielle's past suddenly appears, Dani's happiness and her life are threatened. Will Jace and Dani trust one another to confront the threat tog
Jeannie
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
A casino owner, and his employee fall in love, Jace Diamond is successful and handsome, he meets Dani by the pool on her first day and they share an explosive encounter... little does Dani know Jace is her new boss... it's lust at first sight and the two of them fight the temptation, but Dani's secretive past keeps her from committing fully to Jace and a future with him... her past comes back to haunt her and Jace stands by her... and eventually we get a HEA.

This book frustrated me, it promised
Rebecca
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What happens in Vegas . . . sizzles!

Janna Shay’s book, Fair Play, set in Sin City doesn’t disappoint, sizzling from the first chapter to the last, with lots of twists and turns that keep the plot moving. I fell in love with Dani and Jace even as they fell in love with one another. Dani is seeking respite from life on the run, and Jace is just the kind of guy who can offer that respite – strong alpha-male with a sensitive side – my kind of hero. And the chemistry between Dani and Jace starts with
Jyoti Achameesing
Sep 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Fair play is the story between a handsome casino owner Jace and his new employee Dani. The passionate scenes creates a true bonding couple . However Dani refuses to commit herself as her past is dark and risky according to het. However Jace manages to convince her & eventually she reunites with her parents. Her dreams comes when she get married to her lover. Unfortunately drama folds in as her mother is kidnapped by her step father. The epilogue is really touchy with Dani & Jace having b ...more
Indie Editor Nancy
Feb 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Fair Play

So after reading about this book on Facebook on one of the book reviewer blogs, I purchased the book and started it over the weekend. I found the sentences to be very short, the conversations between the two main characters to be, not so realistic.
I almost quit reading it about 1/2 way through but the story picked up again and I was able to finish it.
I know it is only a story, but who could live for years and not know that your mom is still alive?
Bobbi
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
I thought the author left out a lot of detail that would've helped make this story better. There were a few times the detail was so good I could visualize the characters and the setting, but then there were some that left me scratching my head in wonder. The timeline of events could've been spelled out a little more instead guessing that it had been a number of weeks ince they returned from Chicago or that it took more than one day to find the perfect dress.
InD'tale Magazine
1.5/5.0

In “Fair Play” the simmering heat of the Nevada desert and the lights and excitement of Las Vegas come alive and become a stunning background to extreme passion. However, behind the heat, there was just air, no substance.

Read full review in the 2013 July/August double issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Helen Stothard
Aug 31, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was okay but it didn't grab me as I'd expected it would. There were a couple of twists and turns that caught me out in a good way, but I just didn't feel the relationship between Dani and Jace rang true, the male characters in the book were a tad domineering and I didn't take to them at all. If it was a movie it would be a made for TV movie rather than a blockbuster at the cinema.
Cristi
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh
While the premise of the story was good the writing style was very very adolescent. We can only have ignited passion so much... oh his kiss ignited my passion. I kissed him to ignite his passion. Our passion was ignited and our coming together was ethereal....
Nothing in this book drew me into the story.
Tridian
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
While the stories premise was interresting enough. But sadly there were parts where I was bored. Shay has a tendency to repeat phrases.
But what really annoyed me was the heroine's (Dani) repeat hot/cold behavior. It gets old very fast.
J.C. Mells
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was not terrible - it was just not my cup of tea. If you are into romances with uncontrollable passion and searing looks etc., then definitely give this one a go. Please note that 2 stars on Goodreads means the book was OK.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Say Yes (Glenbrook Girls, #1)
  • Young Lies (Young, #1)
  • In the Eye of the Storm (The Callahans, #2)
  • Double Dare
  • Security
  • Trouble
  • Lucky in Love
  • Always Dreaming of You (Always, #1)
  • The Lies that Save Us (Broken Heart, #1)
  • Buried Secrets
  • More Than One Night
  • Strictly Business
  • Bitter Reflections (The Coffee Café, #1)
  • Getting Real
  • Your Favorite Girl (YFG, #1)
  • Addicted to Him
  • Boy In A Band (Morgan Mallory Series Book 1)
  • Jimmy's Game (Ruthless #1)
Writer of contemporary romance and romantic suspense.
Editor at Jules Faulkner Publishing, LLC.
Professional Reviewer with InD'tale Magazine.

FAIR PLAY, the first novel in my Diamond series is available at Amazon, and Barnes & Noble.

Blogs - http://jannashay.wordpress.com/

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/JannaShayAuthor

More about Janna Shay

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be