Start by marking “Do You Have a Secret? (Let's Talk About It Books)” as Want to Read:
Do You Have a Secret? (Let's Talk About It Books)

Do You Have a Secret?

(Let's Talk About It Books)

Every child has secrets, and many secrets are fun to keep--for instance, a surprise birthday gift for Mom, or a secret handshake with a young friend. But sometimes, children have secrets that make them feel bad, and these secrets are best shared with their parents, or with some trusted older person. A child who is bullied might be inclined to keep it secret, but it's alway ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by B.E.S. Publishing (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Do You Have a Secret?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do You Have a Secret?

Bethany
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picturebooks
I know this book is supposed to bring about more serious issues when children think they cannot tell anyone something that has been done to them, but I think this book would even be good for just the normal, everyday secret. Growing up, children can be cruel to each other and keep or spread secrets. This book deals with what secrets are good and which ones are bad. It teaches children how to deal with good and bad secrets and who to tell when they need help with a secret.
Jared White
An important book. I don't currently have kids but I do have nieces and nephews and someday hope to have my own and I think books like this are extremely important to know about and share.

I've thought different times over the years about secrets because of things I've read and heard and my leaning was towards just basically teaching my future kids that secrets are bad; I wasn't sure how you would show that some can be happy ones and some could be bad. But I thought this book did a fairly good j
Crystal Brooke
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. I think it would help kids understand the difference between good and bad secrets and who they can turn to. I wish they did explain more what to do and maybe who to turn to when the person you trusted is the one that did the bad thing.
Zainab Awami
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book that gives examples about good and bad secret and Lakers the children talk about sexual abuse and make them to talk about it if happened
DeeAnn
Dec 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I think this would be a good book for very young children – ages 2 to 5 maybe. It differentiates between a good secret in a bad secret. But ultimately I would also recommend the book God made all of me by Justin Holcomb. This book is much more general to just good and bad things that happen, which is amazing and wonderful to address. But if you're looking for something specifically that addresses child sexual abuse, look at God made all of me.
Raisa
Dec 29, 2015
Andrea
Apr 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Let's Talk About It Books (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Lost and Found (Let's Talk About It Books)
  • My Friend Has Down Syndrome (Let's Talk About It Books)
  • My Grandparents Are Special (Let's Talk About It Books)
  • Are You Shy? (Let's Talk About It Books)
  • Mom Works Too! (Let's Talk About It Books)
  • My Brother is Autistic (Let's Talk About It Books)
  • When My Parents Forgot to Be Friends (Let's Talk About It Books)
  • Mom Has Cancer (Let's Talk About It Books)
  • The Colors of the Rainbow (Let's Talk About It Books)
  • I Have Asthma (Let's Talk About It Books)