Start by marking “Sneak (Swipe, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sneak (Swipe, #2)

Sneak

(Swipe #2)

Published September 4th 2012 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Sneak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sneak

Start your review of Sneak (Swipe, #2)
Anagha Uppal
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!
A few days ago, I posted a review of Book 1 of Evan Angler's series, Swipe. In that review, I mentioned many reasons why I fell in love with this series, including a return to classic dystopian elements and high action and suspense. But I haven't discussed the biggest reason I respect Evan Angler's amazing series - the world.

Many dystopian tales deal with oppressive governments, the country in shambles, and the people living in squalid conditions. As entertaining it is to read about
Ember
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
3.5

I liked this book better than book one. Now that the story is unfolding, it's keeping my attention better. I plan on finishing the series. Hopefully, it will keep getting better. :)

Clean rating: I believe there was some brief violence.
Jenni Arndt
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-ebook
You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.

When I finished Swipe earlier this year, I can remember very clearly turning the last page and thinking "NO! It can't possibly be over!" So when I got the tour invite for Sneak, I jumped at the opportunity. Evan Angler has put together a strong dystopian world unlike any I have read before. What is so fascinating to me about the world of The Swipe Series is that it's not a typical dystopia where people's rights were forcefully taken from them a
Claire
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
What it's about: Logan is back and he is still on the run from DOME. Peck and the Dust are still out there, trying to find out about where Lily is being kept. Erin is missing Logan and desperate to find out where he is. The journey continues with the Markless against DOME and all the secrets hidden along the way.

What I thought: I couldn't wait to start reading Sneak ever since I got my hands on my copy. I thoroughly enjoyed Swipe and couldn't wait to see where this sequel was g
Emily Ann
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.7/5.0 Not as good as the first. Read this on the whole plane ride. That was fun.
Sotiris Makrygiannis
The acronyms used are like implying that EU is a dystopia? where people are having a Mark. Didn't enjoy it that much....
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“When Logan Langly backed out of getting the Mark and went on the run, no one thought he could survive on his own. Without the Mark, you can't buy food, go to the doctor, or use a tablet--you aren't even a citizen.
But when he discovers that his sister is being held in a mysterious hidden prison named Acheron, Logan risks everything to travel through an underground network of the Markless to rescue her.
Logan arrives only to find that Acheron holds more s
Mitch
Jul 03, 2012 rated it liked it
As dystopians go, Sneak doesn't have the most original or unusual of premises, but there's still quite a bit to like, some really good supporting characters, quite a few unexpected twists to the story, but most of all Angler's no nonsense approach to storytelling. I enjoyed this book, even if there's nothing I really haven't seen before. And it's a pretty good sequel to Swipe.

The plot as a whole plays out as I expected, Logan and his friends on the run from the government, trying to rally the Mark
J.C.
This action-paced, adventure-filled, energetic (can books be energetic?) second novel in the Swipe series was full of bounding action and energy from the first sentence to the last. Never is there a dull moment or a boring scene. There’s always more happening and more mysteries to unravel, at all times. I really enjoyed it and it does not disappoint!

This author is truly talented. Though there are countless characters, scenes, clues, and other things to remember at all times, it never
Stephanie Ward
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
What would you do if one day, on your thirteenth birthday, you were basically forced to get a Mark - a tattoo on your wrist - that gave you basic rights as a citizen? That's what happens in 'Sneak', the second book in the Swipe series, which follows a group of teens during what appears to be the apocalypse. Logan's thirteenth birthday has come and gone and since fighting back against the government and refusing to receive his Mark - he's on the run. Logan finds out that his older sister Lily, wh ...more
Kristine Hansen
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good thing that I read the first book or I'm not sure I would have understood what all was going on as we revisit Logan and his friends in Sneak.

Logan has thus far avoided the Mark - just barely. In this dystopic society where everything seems perfect for those Marked by the government, evil and corruption lies just underneath all this talk of unity and peace. Logan escaped it in book one and this book picks right up where we left off last time, as the race continues to not on
Think
Originally posted at Thinks Books.

You might not want to read any further into this review because I am afraid I can't avoid spoilers anymore! Being so vague all the time is too taxing.

I did not realize until halfway through Sneak that Swipe is a Christian Fiction series. I am not used to religions being specified in books so it caught me off guard when I discovered that the banned book Logan was carrying around is the Bible. I thought it was very interesting how the whole idea of faith was a
Julie Graves
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
It has been a month since Logan has escaped his marking. DOME has been clearing out all of the Markless in an attempt to find Logan. He's managed to stay one step ahead of them so far. Logan is making his way to Beacon where he hopes to find Acheron, a prison that may not exist, and to find his sister who may not even be alive.

Mr. Arbitor is being demoted because of the antics of his daughter Erin. Breaking into DOME, stealing equipment and maybe helping a Markless escape causes Mr.
Melanie
May 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2DKSYVD...
Review on my blog (to be posted 4/10): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

Sneak was a great continuation to the Swipe series! I enjoyed the book even more than Swipe, book one, which I had read last year. I loved the whole aspect of the symbols and the River (won't say anything else, except I thought it was really cool).

The characters were nice and, while I don't think any of them are favorites, I pretty much liked all of them. I was a little surprised by a few things in Sneak and the end
Dianne
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is truly a classic dystopian series dealing with real humans who have made a choice to join the masses, becoming a cog in a huge machine and receive 'the Mark' or to stand up for the freedom to be an individual, making right or wrong decisions on their own, suffering the repercussions if need be.

Book two in the Swipe Series takes us through Logan's run for freedom and his search to find Acheron, a prison for the markless filled with horrors beyond comprehension where his sister,
Rachel
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Book one was good. Intrigueing and exciting situations. Book two is better. I entered the story on page one and every page after that. I got to know the characters even better, they really came alive, and their stuggles and mission was something I latched onto. Believable in ever sense, characters, the future world, the govenment, everything. The Christian elements that also came out of this dystopia was perfectly done. I espeicially like how it was all underground and there was a Undergrou ...more
Lisa Godfrees
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the first book of the series, Swipe, on audiobook last year sometime. It kept hanging around in the back of my head so I picked up the second in the series and I'm glad I did. I finished it in no time.

Genre: YA dystopian

Worldview: Christian

Pros: The story. I didn't realize it when I read the first book (I guess I'm clueless), but this is actually based on Revelation. The good thing is that the references are subtle (obviously). What better set up
Jenna
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better! Suspense on every page, y'all! I love the characters so much and worldbuilding was really well done. Awesome Christian dystopian!
Luca Bryan
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jeremiah
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would give this series a 6/10 but this book a 7/10

I really enjoy this series, I do enjoy Christian books but normally don't like the in your face ones that are quoting to you every few minutes, but with this series I actually didn't even know it was a Christian series till almost half way through the 1st book, it does a good job of building a dystopian world that actually feels believable for people to live in after what happened.

That being said I do not believe that th
Courtney Johnson
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the second book in the swipe series and I liked it about the same amount. However, there were some religious undertones in this story that I wasn't particularly fond of. I liked the River and getting to Beacon. At the end, we learn of a new development for the marking process and one that is rather interesting. Maybe the next book will shed light on it.
Kim  Gregory
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great second book in the series. More Christian theme came up in this one. Our characters are trying to save Lily, Logan's sister, but they run into trouble and of course things don't go as planned on their journey to get to her or when they make the attempt. Lots of clean action, and teenage angst with her likes her and she likes him, la la la!
Kris
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2019
Nate
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I was reading them to preview them for my teens. Awesome teen books! But I think I will stop at this one. I want to get back to my reading list. :-)
Lindsay Doran
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Plot is good but very preachy Christian in a lot of it. Not what I like.
Bailee
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
BOO! I hate endings that make me second guess everything that I ever perceived as the truth. For some reason, though, authors seem to love them. Probably because it makes everyone eager to read the next book and the next book and so on. Yeah. So, basically I am dying for the next book.

I really liked the first book in the Swipe series, it brought to light this dystopian society based on peace through unity and just how real the society could be. It showed the fact that peace and unity
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Review originally posted on A Reader of Fictions.

There are two basic methods by which dystopias nee utopias are formed: through force or through people agreeing to give up their rights in exchange for an easier life. Angler's Swipe series falls into this latter category, along with Anthem. There's something so entirely horrifying about people giving up rights in exchange for peace. Don't get me wrong: I like peace, but I like being able to be myself more.

Despite my worries, I read Sw
Becky B
Falling right on the heals of the events in Swipe, Sneak opens with Logan on the run after flunking and escaping his Pledge (thanks to help from his Marked friend Erin). The Pledge experience, though not pleasant, did yield some useful information...like where Logan's sister Lily was sent, the extremely secret Acheron prison for Markless somewhere in Beacon. But now Erin's dad and DOME are using her to try and track down Logan and the Dust, and in trying to find Logan they are cracking down on Markless eve ...more
Kar Achondo
About the Series: I loved the Swipe series so much! I was like glued to the pages. The entire series has a lot of amazing elements that would keep you intrigued and always wanting to know more. It's originally a dystopian series intended for middle grade and high school kids, but I think it's enjoyable even for adults.
This world is set after several wars and global destruction and it's really futuristic in looks and organization. People in this world have access to a lot of technology and
Sarah Kalaitzidis
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopia
This series really draws you in with plot twists. As I began to read this book, I thought that Chancellor Cylis was running some type of cult. As I continue to read, his simple cult turns out to be something much darker. He seems to want to rule the world. He did it in a sneaky way where no one really thinks that’s what he wants. However, his plans seem to involve joining Europe, a key step in global domination. He hadn’t really appeared in the first two books, but I wonder if he would make an a ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Vaccination (CAUTION--SPOILERS) 1 3 Jun 28, 2014 07:43PM

• Enders (Starters, #2)
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
  • The Last Thing I Remember (The Homelanders, #1)
  • Starters (Starters, #1)
  • Spirit Fighter (Son of Angels, #1)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 5
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2
  • Heartbeat
  • Fledgling (Jason Steed, #1)
  • On My Honor
  • We're Different, We're the Same
  • Poppy
  • Trombone Shorty
  • The Amber Brown Collection (Amber Brown, #1-3)
  • A Thousand Shall Fall: The Electrifying Story of a Soldier and His Family Who Dared to Practice Their Faith in Hitler's Germany
Evan lives without the Mark, evading DOME and writing in the shadows of Beacon.

Swipe is his first book. But if anyone asks, you know nothing about it, and you didn't hear anything from him. Don't make eye contact if you see him. Don't call his name out loud. He's in enough trouble already.

And so are you , if you've read his book.

Swipe (4 books)