Start by marking “With This Ring” as Want to Read:
With This Ring

With This Ring

Dear Author,
Jason looked at the older man standing across from him and wondered how they'd gotten to this moment. He'd grown up immersed in the vitriol his father spat over his ex-business partner, that Jason believed everything his father had said. Until Jason met the man himself, and found out that events weren't quite as his father had made them appear, and his soon to
Published May 14th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about With This Ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With This Ring

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
After references to a "joystick" and "uncut slab of meat," I knew I was in trouble; when you throw in the painfully artificial, awkward dialogue, the one-dimensional characters, and the summarizing of most of the story, the question to "What not to read for $500, Alex" becomes obvious.
Richard Derus
Jul 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Rating: 3* of five

The Book Report: Jason Mathers, geek extraordinaire, works for his dad's IT company. During a trade show in their Denver hometown, Jason (all of 24 and barely out of college) sees a hawt DILF cruising him from the aisle (that will resonate later) and, being a sensible DILF hunting lad, cruises him right back. Lust breaks out. But then...ZOMG...it's Jason's dad's ex-business partner, the very mention of whom sets the elder Mathers aflame with hatred and fury.

It's a romance, so e
Morgana
The story itself could have been interesting but the execution didn't work for me. I caught myself rolling my eyes way too many times for my comfort. Maybe some people will enjoy this story, I, however, couldn't care less about the characters. To me they just felt artificial and bland. The dialogues, especially that phone sex scene between the MCs seemed kind of unreal. I was like REALLY?? Are these guys REALLY having phone sex or is the younger one, in a clinical way, reading to the older MC a ...more
Penumbra
I submitted a prompt to the M/M group for the Love is Always Write 2012 event. My prompt was claimed by the talented Jeff Erno.

STORY PROMPT:

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I read chapter one and stopped. It was really dry and boring. the dialogue or writing or something seemed robotic and unnatural. By the end of chapter one i just put the story down and have forgotten about it. I might try another chapter but not yet.

Also on the cover the authors name has the red squiggly line word leaves under misspelled words under 'Erno' I have to say this cover is really poorly done and with the thumbnail view you can barely see what the title even is.

Gonna read some more se
Alina
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adorable story! <3
Perfect setting for me as I'm a big fan of age gap in a relationship. Loved Glenn, loved Jason and loved Jason's dad - despite it all I believe he's a good person and I'm glad he came to his senses before it was too late.
For me it was beyond awesome! )))
GlamLawyer
Aug 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars. The story is about Jason (24) and Glenn (41). They are both computer programmers. This far everything works for me. But then the story developed into an instafest of love and sex. (view spoiler) ...more
Bookbee
A marvelous story from start to lip-quivering finish!
Victoria
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I didn't want it to end :) Thank you Jeff Erno, for donating your time and talent.
Trisha Harrington
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice enough short story. It could have done with being something more.
D
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oooo, *hands on cheeks, dreamy eyes glazed over*

I love stories like this. Wonderfully done! 5 stars!
Edina Rose
May 15, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

Not sure about the way the son deals with telling his dad about his lover. Son was bit insensitive IMO.
Monika
Mar 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mm
I did know it was going to be too short for my liking, but I did not expect how unhappy I'd be with the story and the characters. Why would you mention a previous man in a book of 60 pages?? Also I know that everything has to happen quite fast to happen (or you could obviously make the book longer) but I felt like the author was pushing the emotions on me too hard and I just could not feel it. It felt too staged and too overdone. I did not enjoy myself.
Booknerd
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The blurb was interesting and it pushed me to read the book .... I liked this short read. It was a teary and moving read, with the right amount of passion, love, angst and sentiments ... I loved the interaction between the two leading characters and how the friend and one of the leading male characters, finally manages to speak to the younger male lead's father and helps him understand things ... Over all, a good read!
Jenny
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
I enjoyed this short Story very much, even though the pace was a Little bit off and I couldn't quite feel the chemistry of the main characters in the beginning. Also, I especially liked the telephone sex Scene.
Becca
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet love story.
e
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5
Cindi
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. I recently read something by this author that I loved so I was eager to jump right into this one.

I love books where there is a substantial age difference between the two main characters. In this one, Glenn is 41 and Jason is 24. I also love stories that have the enemies-to-lovers theme. Granted, the enemies in this story were Glenn and Jason's dad (former business partners) but Glenn was Jason's enemy by association because he was very close to his father.

I'm not going in
Bettye Kanady
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
Oh Wow! This story touched me on so many levels. Some of the same events happened in my past, so my experiences were brought to mind when reading about Glenn and Jason. The feelings of abandonment though permeated my relationship with my parent. I wasn't as lucky to get the happy family ending either; so to finally see it with this story gave me such a feeling of warmth.

The story revolves around Jason Mathers; he works with his father in the software company he started. Jason lost his mother at
Curtis
Jason works with his father at his software development company and together they're attending what should be another routine trade show. But when his father's ex-business partner shows up at their booth and draws Jason's interest (and makes it clear the interest is reciprocal), he's not sure what to do. Jason's father doesn't even know he's gay and the former partnership didn't end well at all. But maybe, just maybe, it's worth giving things a shot and seeing where they go.

I know this is a shor
Wendy Ann
May 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful story! I'm a total sucker for romance and this story felt very romantic to me – the courtship and especially the flowers put a grin on my face:) I loved the progression of Jason and Glenn's relationship and was thrilled with the happy ending. I definitely felt the angst associated with Jason being in the closet and yet it was so nice that that didn’t bother his Dad. I was glad that Jason’s Dad recognized the importance of the love he had for his son and valued it more than holdi ...more
Hank L.
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Jeff Erno. He reminds me of F. Scott Fitzgerald a bit. Okay, not that GREAT, but he's good. I loved this May Decembers romance. Many of the women who read these novels seem to take offense to those, but what they don't get is that in the gay world those types of relationships are very common. Deal with it. Maybe a bit sappy, but the characters were real enough you could get beyond that. Perhaps that's why Erno's novels work: he writes sappy but has true life people populating his stories. ...more
Sandra
[image error]

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume Ten.
Jerry
4.5 stars. Very full and fleshed out with interesting descriptions of compute-eeze, restaurants, decor, and the mental anguish of both father and son. Ten minutes before Jason walks down the isle was cutting it a bit close for the reconciliation. And the straight father "giving" his son away to an older man, was maybe a stretch for me. Yet tears were streaming down my face at everything coming together. Great story.

Kendra T
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
AWWWWWW!!!!!!! So darn adorable! I really liked this story. It was short and sweet, and I would have loved more, but it was truly a complete story. I loved how the story was based off attraction without knowing who the other was, and then blossomed from there. My heart broke a time or two, but I was so glad to see a true HEA for everyone at the end. I also loved how Jason's dad found a love interest. Cute side story that fit very well. Well done!
melek
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jason and his dad work at an stand for for computer programmer.. Jasons dad used to have an partner but they have there wer reason they dont work together anymore. Years later Glenn who used to be business partner of Jason dad comes across Jason one day. They get together, but jason worried how his dad will react to this all and also him being gay. Sweet story
Syfy
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was impressed by the way this story fit the prompt to a T. Nicely done!
While (pretending) to gag over the sweet/sexy falling in luuuurve stuff, I did kind of fall for Glenn a bit myself... thanks a million Jeff. Turn me into a romantic why don't you? LoL! (No, really, thank you for sharing your talent in this event)

Torsten
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-have
Oh my God!
I'am known to be "built close to the water" (it's a german idiom for a person who easily starts to weep) and this story surely did it for me. Especially the scene at the end, when Jasons father showed up at the wedding made me tear up.
Helen Peter
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sweet and romantic tale of Glenn and Jason who met, fall in love, overcome obstacles and live HEA.
Kali
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Some of the sentencing had me laughing because of how ridiculous it was. If you've read it then you know what I'm talking about. But loved it nonetheless.

• A Competitive Edge
  • Heartstrings
  • In Over His Head
  • Kiss and Makeup
  • Whistle Blowing
  • His True Nature (The Forestry Series, #1)
  • Goodbye Phillip
  • Life in Chaos
  • And Then He Said I'm Beautiful
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Six
Jeff Erno currently lives in southern Michigan. He holds a bachelor's degree in business management and human resources. Jeff began writing stories in the late 1990's and initially posted them to a free online amateur website. The positive feedback he received from readers encouraged him to continue, and this eventually led to the publication of his first novel, Dumb Jock. Erno has subsequently pu ...more