Start by marking “When Girlfriends Break Hearts (When Girlfriends, #1)” as Want to Read:
When Girlfriends Break Hearts (When Girlfriends, #1)

When Girlfriends Break Hearts (When Girlfriends #1)

3.22  ·  Rating details ·  307 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
A novel about the bonds of friendship, the power of forgiveness, and the lessons you learn when you let go.

Sophie Wharton doesn’t like losing control, especially of her life. She’s always been the girl who’s kept it together—the girl with a charming boyfriend, a lively social life, and plans to start her own bakery. Life is great for Sophie a few years out of college in Se
Published May 12th 2012 by Pearls and Pages

Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. I read it every free chance I had. I found When Girlfriends Break Hearts to be well-written, engaging, and a very good read start to finish.

The main character, Sophie, is one who likes order and control in her life. She soon learns that she cannot always have said order and control because life just doesn't work that way...and she doesn't even have kids yet! Then you really don't have control or order! LOL Anyway...Sophie was in a tough spot, as wer
Jenelle
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book about friendship, forgiveness and in general, life. It's really worth reading.
DAISY DISNEY
Feb 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
UGH! 57% into it and we are still having to listen Sophie cry about her break-up! Get over it! It got on my nerves! I can't read anymore!
Resa
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sophie was just broken up with and wants to know why. We’ve all been there, trying to analyze exactly what went wrong or exactly what went on in the mind f our former significant others. We wallow, then we get lost in work, going out, hobbies, whatever until we finally move on. It’s not an original pot, but it’s still got potential – at the start.

Page has promise as a writer, there were some passages that were eloquently written, unfortunately her lack of focus keeps the book, and characters sha
Akl
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
I downloaded this book for free. I would probably be less generous with my rating if I had paid for it.

The concept is interesting enough, the main character has just been betrayed by her bestfriend and her boyfriend. What does one do in such situation?

My main problem with the book is the story telling. It is very slow, dragging, way too wordy and can be repetitive. More than half of the book is her describing her anger. I would have liked to read more about her relationship with Pamela prior to
Goobledybook
Jun 12, 2012 rated it did not like it
What happens when a promising idea meets poor execution?

(Drum Roll Please)

"When Girlfriends Break Hearts" by Savannah Page is what happens.

The plot summary of this book is appealing and interesting. The writing was a mix of bad and worse. It was slow, repetitive, boring, repetitive, repetitive...yeah, I get it, you're angry. I believe given the subject matter--overcoming your best friend betraying you, lying to you, and breaking your heart (and your boyfriend)--was grounds for some good dialogu
Anna Garner
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When Girlfriends Break Hearts is a delicious read! I sympathized with Sophie right from the start, and felt angry on her behalf. Her friends are all extremely well-developed characters, and I have to say my favorite one is Claire, who says, "When life deals you lemons, you make lemon chiffon cupcakes." Love it!

Best to read this book with something sweet at the ready. Sophie is a baker/pastry chef, and the many descriptions of petit fours, cannolis, cupcakes, puff pastries and more certainly got
Lisa
Jul 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
I did not like this book at all. It was based around 1 girl who had been betrayed by her boyfriend and her best friend. It seemed to be more of a selfhelp book as it focused on the art of forgiveness. Now forgive me, but I already read those kind of books and wanted a light-hearted chick lit, not a lesson on forgiveness. It had no substance and lacked in being an an actual story. Not impressed at all I'm afraid.

But annoyingly I bought the set of 3 (luckily only paid 99p for them all) so I'm incl
Mel
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it
The storyline was an excellent idea, but I felt like I was reading a self-help book on overcoming the obstacles of life rather than a novel about friends who stab you in the back. So much more could've been done with these characters. I think the author's an excellent writer but dropped the ball on some of these characters. I didn't feel the emotions I should've felt from the main character given her circumstances.

Amber Brooke
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was all about the bonds of friendship between post grad age girls. The main character started out as "the woman scorned" but eventually worked through her feelings to find the courage to forgive. I think there is a great lesson in this book an also an enjoyable read. I can't wait to read more about these friends. I would call it a mid-twenties version of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
Savanna Funkhouser
Aug 19, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a cute, fairly light hearted book and a fairly quick read. Actually the only problem I had, was given some of the problems that the character is dealing with (mainly an illness of a friend), perhaps it could've been a little less light hearted.

The story was good, I just wish there had been a bit more depth. However I liked it enough that I will probably pick up the next one at some point in the near future.
Jessica
Really good free Kindle book. The opening chapter, while explaining some of the things she has to control, was hysterical. I wish there were a few more spots like that. It was a great opening to a book. The story continued on and was good. The characters were likeable and understandable. There were lots of inner monologue so sometimes it would drag on a bit. But overall, a good book.
Ginger
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read! I have several lifelong friends and newer friends that I have made over the years. This book made me thing of each of them and how special each and all of them are to me. Thanks Savannah, you are certainly my new favorite author! Looking forward to many books from you in the future!
Marjie
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not so good

On and on about being mad about a break up. No real worth to the story. Too quick ending about trying to reestablish friendship with a girl that the ex-boyfriend slept with.
Zee Monodee
Sep 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Couldn't get into this book - heroine was way too whiny, immature, childish, and just so stuck on this breakup that it got tedious to be with her so as I was taking every opportunity not to be with her (as in not go read her story with anticipation), I knew this one was not gonna be for me.
Debbie
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a refreshing and real read about women friendships and how some things just tear you apart. The idea that forgiveness heals you and helps you move on is a central theme. However, what is just unforgivable is up to the reader to decide.
Jaybird
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was one of those books that I WANTED so badly to like, it had some promise at the beginning but then turned very formulaic and the end seemed rushed to resolve everything. There were a lot of good elements (the yoga studio, amongst others) that just felt like it was too glossed over.
Maria
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book wasn't really good. I kept falling asleep during the whole book,and I read it during the afternoon. I would have so.much energy and after I read a part of the book I got tired. This books is definitely not one of my favorites.
Kathy
Sep 06, 2016 rated it liked it
There's a deep, meaningful life lesson to be learned. I won't say what it is. You'll have to read the book. I did not care for the lengthy, on-going, repetitiveness throughout the entire book.
Amy
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Actually, this is worth 2 1/2 stars. This is a good look at the value of girlfriends.
Beáta
Jan 14, 2015 added it
taký super začiatok a taký meh stred a koniec.
Brynda
Dec 14, 2015 rated it liked it
not as lively as i expected
Becca
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good story about the power and flows of friendships.
Kelly
Aug 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. The message of forgiveness was strong but not in a bad way. I was glad to have found this one!
Mary
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It was an easy read however you could get attached to Sophie and all the things happening around her, and care immensely about what she was going through.
Jen
Jun 30, 2012 rated it liked it
A free Kindle book. Cute, light-hearted book.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Jun 20, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: free, tbr-kindle
Free on Amazon 06/20/2012.
Stacy
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012-books
Drivel. Free on poi. Started off with potential but then fell off to self help nonsense.
Jaime Mccracken
May 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought It would be a cute book but hearing Sophia cry throughout the boom about her break up was annoying and got old fast, then there were some editing errors. Quick read.
Teri Momeyer
May 21, 2014
  • Suburban Task Force
  • Sleeping In The Middle (Comfort Club)
  • The Wake-Up Call
  • From Nanny To Wife
  • The Wife Of Reilly
  • Love Unlisted
  • Sleepless in Savannah
  • Stirring Up Trouble (Stirring Up Trouble, #1)
  • Learn Me Gooder
  • Death Is a Relative Thing
  • Free Gift with Purchase
  • Bet On Love
  • One Day, Someday
  • Work for Hire
  • Momnesia
  • The Girls' Weekend
  • Chocolate Beach (Chocolate Series #1)
Savannah Page is the author of Everything the Heart Wants, A Sister's Place, and the When Girlfriends series, heartfelt women's fiction. Sprinkled with drama and humor, her writing celebrates friendship, love, and life.

A native Southern Californian, Savannah lives in Berlin, Germany, with her husband, their goldendoodle, and her collection of books.

Savannah loves to hear from readers, so feel fre
More about Savannah Page

When Girlfriends (7 books)
  • When Girlfriends Step Up (When Girlfriends, #2)
  • When Girlfriends Make Choices (When Girlfriends, #3)
  • When Girlfriends Chase Dreams (When Girlfriends, #4)
  • When Girlfriends Take Chances (When Girlfriends, #5)
  • When Girlfriends Let Go (When Girlfriends, #6)
  • When Girlfriends Find Love (When Girlfriends #7)

Fiction Deals

• The Falls (P.S.)
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pieces
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Held Captive (A Lone Star Hero's Love Story)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Girl Who Came Home
    $11.99 $1.99
  • When Jesus Wept (The Jerusalem Chronicles, #1)
  • In the Name of the Family
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth Avenue Artists Society
  • All That's Left of Me
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Labyrinths (New Directions Paperbook)
    $15.95 $2.99
  • The Year We Left Home
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Whip
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Written on the Body
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Dragon's Teeth (The Lanny Budd Novels)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)