Start by marking “The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)

The Golden Apple of Discord

(The Discord Trilogy #1)

Taralie Severin and her three sisters are a powerful coven of modern-day witches who fight evil between bio classes and shifts at the police station. But when Taralie is kidnapped by vampires and converted into the undead, her sisters are ordered by the Milunfra to kill her. The girls refuse and go on the lam with bad vampires and master warlocks hot on their trail. Tara h ...more
Paperback, 2, 290 pages
Published January 30th 2013 by CreateSpace (first published April 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Golden Apple of Discord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Golden Apple of Discord

megHan
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. No other consideration was offered, expected or received.

I know – you're thinking "Another vampire story?!?!" When I originally read the book description, I felt the same way. I actually had to think long and hard about whether I wanted to be part of this blog tour because, though I love vampires, there are too many out there that are more Twilight than blood thirsty evil creatures and blood thirsty creatures are the vampires I l
Linda
I'll admit, based on the name I wasn't sure what to think and no, I didn't read the cover to find out. I was pleasantly surprised to realize I was reading a story about a group of sisters who were witches...very Charmed like, and I loved that show. Some have compared it to the Twilight series, and though it does remind me somewhat of that, it is different enough to be interesting all on its own.

Tara and her sisters are witches who not only have an affinity for an element, but also have a seconda
Pratr- Authors
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it

Compulsion Reads
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Taralie and her three sisters are a powerful coven of half witches who spend their free time banishing evil. Their lives are turned upside down when Taralie is kidnapped. Unable to use her earth magic to fight her attackers, she is taken to a remote location and turned into a vampire. The transformation amps up her powers, making her a force to be reckoned with. When she escapes her captors she discovers that the leaders of the magic world want her dead and to revoke her sisters’ powers. On the ...more
Becca
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have to admit that paranormal is usually my thing. I love all witches, warlocks, werewolves, vampires. You name it! I like that all the characters had their own personalities, but sometimes there were just too many that I would get them confused and the names would be spelled a couple different ways. The storyline was excellent, however, and so if you could get passed what I would say to be a proofreading glitch for the publisher, than I say that you will really enjoy the story.

I have seen in
Laurie
After a bit of a slow-ish start, this book really took off. It is the story of four powerful witches who get caught up against their will in a Vampire Civil War that’s been raging for centuries. The eldest witch, Taralie, and leader of the coven, is captured and suffers a horrific ordeal before finally escaping. Her escape, however, causes additional unforeseen problems that force Tara and her sisters into hiding. Fortuitously, they meet a powerful trio of vampires who are also trying to evade d ...more
Laura Thomas
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How could I resist a story starring four sisters, and they’re witches. At least, in the beginning they all are. Then Taralie gets kidnapped and turned by some vampires with their own agenda.

When the sisters turn to The Twelve, the decision makers for the Milunfran, its ordered that they kill Taralie. Being halfings, the purebloods don’t much care for them and this comes as no surprise. This is the thanks they get after banishing all sorts of evil beings, protecting humans from evil.

The sisters h
Sandra (Rather Barefoot than Bookless)
This book was awesome and I had a great time reading it. It was a great mix between witches and vampires that really put some funk into the story. In the beginning I felt myself thinking of The Charmed sisters since some of the sisters powers where alike. But I really enjoyed it anyway so it was not a bad thing.

In the beginning of the story Taralie gets kidnapped by a bunch of vampires who seems insane and treets her like their queen or something. This is only because she has something they want
Phaedra Seabolt
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
A story that is completely different from the other stories out there. It's about a coven of witches turned into wanted vampires. The four women are part of a witch heritage that they were completely unaware of until they were forced to seek refuge with their father. Their mother died during childbirth of the youngest two. She was the witch and after her passing, their father had no way to teach them how to be witches. He didn't worry about it too much due to their powers being blocked. As they ...more
Book Junky Girls
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Tara and her sisters have fought to keep humans safe from monsters for 4 years, ever since they found out they were witches. They have all gone through so much but none of their training prepaired them for vampires to come in and just take Tara and then turn her. Not knowing what to do they go to their superiours to find answers and instead are nearly killed by those who tought them everything. Now on top of that the vampires who turned her want her for something and will stop at nothin
Niki
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Taralie and her 3 sisters are a strong coven, they been blessed with all 4 elements, they banish magical creatures next to their own jobs and have a good life, so they think.
Till one day Tara is kidnapped and she can't place what they are, till one bites her and force herself to drink his blood. Her three sisters are forced into killing her by the twelve of the Milunfran order.
Not willing to do that they run and all decide that Tara needs to turn them too. They however never trained by any vampi
Momma
This was an interesting read. I was pulled into the story of Taralie and her sisters- witches who had their powers thrust upon them suddenly, after growing up unaware. Take a halfling witch, make her into a vampire and oh my the things that will happen! While on the run from the Milunfran (witch police?!), they find refuge with 3 hot vampire guys, because naturally vampire guys are pretty much always hot, aren't they? There's a bit of romance while the two groups team up to fight the vampire gov ...more
Amber
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Golden Apple of Discord is the first book in the Discord Trilogy. It begins with four sisters who are all powerful witches. One day Taralie is kidnapped from their home and turned into a vampire. The relationship of these sisters is sometimes intense and other times downright funny. The character development in this book is AWESOME! These girls are strong little cookies and by goodness they know what "family" is all about and stand by each other even when things are tough. There is a bit of ...more
Allie
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was a fun easy read. As I read I noticed several errors. One of the characters is named Sarah and they switch between spellings. And like other readers have said it's got a lot of similarities to other stories. I enjoyed it though because while it starts a little rough it was an enjoyable read and I found myself wrapped up in it. I bought it on a recommendation of a friend who knows the author and told me the back story a little bit. I can honestly say i look forward to the next book. ...more
Susan
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Lauren pens "The Golden Apple of Discord" in a plot filled with vampires, witches, and romance with a touch of humor. Her characters were strong and believable with good interaction and emotion between them. I was impressed with how the author interwove fantasy with history. A truly interesting and captivating read that should be on all fantasy lovers TBR list.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Shelby
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book creates a world that's fun to walk around in. The interaction between the characters is funny, introspective, and intense. I love how the characters don't just wait for life to happen to them, they take action! The plot never stalls and the chapter endings make it impossible to put down! There's something for everyone here, even guys into action books. Imagine a cross between Charlie's Angles and Avengers, it's that good.
Lauren Hodge
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
With a tone very different from most paranormal romances, Discord delivers a realistic (as realistic as vampires and witches get) view on what happens when ruthless powerful vampires hunt you. Although we've got fantasy elements, there are many times you forget the characters are vampires.

A good blend of X-men, Hunger Games, and Dune; this book has something for everyone.
Bobbi
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me by my Mom and I am happy she did. It puts a twist on the typical Vampire and Witch books. I fell in love with all of the characters especially the 4 Witches and there 3 Vampire mates. The book kept me wanting more with every flip of the page with all of its twists and turns. I just couldn't put it down.
I recommend this book for all book lovers.
Joyce
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! The author is my friend. I feel so cool when I say I have 4 published author friends! Anyway, I really liked this book and the author makes me laugh every time I talk to her. I could hear her voice in this book and it made me laugh. She is hilarious.
John
Feb 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
Wow, confusion, chaos, poorly written. Even the apple cover is a bit of a Twilight rip off, many elements are taken from other books. I would not use this book for toilet paper. Nothing original or cohesive about this book.
Jozlin   ;-}
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book, I normally dont like books like this but this was well writen and has a nice plot with some romance. This book did not get my intrest at first but once I started to read the book it started to get really good. 5/5 stars.
Maria
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
rameau
Jul 29, 2012 marked it as not-for-me
Shelves: p2p
See comments.
D.j. Winningham
Good read looking forward to the next book!
Mell
I tried to read this, but there were too many characters doing too many things. . . it just felt too chaotic. (And not in the good way.) 0 stars.
Renee
Dec 26, 2015
Aishon Overton
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Once Upon A Temptation
  • Live In Position
  • The Way That You Play It
  • Little Battles (Old Wounds, #2)
  • Gilded Cage
  • Three Daves
  • Cat O' Nine Tails
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • Indivisible
  • Knock Love Out (A Very Sexy Romance)
  • Edible Delectables
  • The Billionaire Bum
Lauren Hodge is the oldest of seven children. She also has three offspring of her own, Hayden, Callia, and Teleri. Apart from being an author, Lauren is a musician, mediocre chef, poor housekeeper, and is currently pretending to work on a swearing problem. She lives in Washington State, but not in the green part.

The Discord Trilogy (3 books)
  • Abomination (The Discord Trilogy, #2)
  • Rubicon  (The Discord Trilogy #3)