Start by marking “Beauty Is a Beast (Zombie Fairy Tales #5)” as Want to Read:
Beauty Is a Beast  (Zombie Fairy Tales #5)

Beauty Is a Beast (Zombie Fairy Tales #5)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  93 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
After a peasant father sells his only daughter to a noble estate, she is thrown into a secret chamber of the castle as dinner for their undead son. But when the Beast refuses to touch her, the two form an unusual alliance that soon blossoms into something more.
Published May 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Beauty Is a Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty Is a Beast

Flora Smith
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for review.

This is a new twist on a tale as old as time, Beauty and the Beast. Beauty Is a Beast is the 5th installment in the Zombie Fairytale series and I think its one of my favorites so far. Beauty is sold as food for the Beast but she soon realizes that he isn't completely the beast everyone believes him to be. She tries to help them both escape and things don't go quite as planned. But things turn out happily, or as happy as a zombie can manage.

As with t
Tiffany Roberts
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A grisly retelling of Beauty and the Beast. It's short with a dash of romance. Enjoyed this quick tale.
Alycia
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Beauty is a Beast is a classic fairy tale with a creepy zombie twist. It follows Belle as she is sold to the “Woman in Black” to cover her father’s various debts. The servants bath and prepare Belle to meet the “Master”. What Belle doesn’t know is that the “Master” is in a cell deep in the basement of the castle…..or that the “Master” is a zombie. Once taken down to meet the “Master”, the servants discover that the “Master” will not eat Belle and instead he seems to be very fond of her. Once Bel ...more
Ashley Ehlers
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Was originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite fairy tale and with Kevin Richey's twisted retelling, it made me fall in love with it all over again!

From the very beginning I was hooked immediately and I couldn't wait to see how Beauty is a Beast was going to go! I loved how dark and twisted this was, I also loved seeing favorite characters came into play! Plus, enjoying new characters within this story like the M
Tina Rae
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: zombie fans
Shelves: favorites
Ever since childhood, Beauty and the Beast has been one of my absolute favorite stories. (Mostly because I LOOOOVE the characters.) That being said, that's probably why this has been my favorite of the series thus far. It was imaginative and fun and, most of all, a REALLY good take on an already awesome story.

But mostly I loved how the Beast was portrayed in this story as well as his relationship with Belle. And that ending. I wasn't expecting any happy endings from any of these stories but, to
Kayleigh  D'Andilly
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book were the descriptions are so vivid and beautiful that you want to reach out to the roses and smell them? Well that's what this book will make you do! B.I.A.B fits into the world that has been created with Z.F.T in a different way to the other books. It didn't have as much gore as Blood Red instead this one had a very dark and had a intense atmosphere throughout. Belle and Beast's connection was so sweet, who knew you could have a zombie love story! And the last line of ...more
zapkode
{my thoughts} - This book didn't change my mind about how much I am falling in love with this series. It is well written, it shows that relationships can still be built, that love can still exist even though there is no hope for what is left of civilization. I thoroughly enjoy the graphic detail that is written. It pulls me right into the story as if I am there actually committing the act or merely observing it from a distance.

{reason for reading} - I was given a copy of this book by the author
Shina Chitwood
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: adults and teens who like gore
Shelves: zombies
They say father's no best, but do they? Maurice Belle's father sales her to pay off his debts, little does he know that no money will be exchanged only blood. Belle is taken in handcuffs (more or less) to be made up like a porcelain doll for the Beast. Once again the Beast feel in love with Belle after not "eating her" like he does most of the girls he is given. Belle saves him and herself, then the Beast saves Belle, proving zombie's do have feelings and they do love.
Donald Armfield
Upon traveling to the castle doors. Beauty gets handed over to servants. She meets the beast. And kicks some servant ass to survive.

A happy Zombie ending for the beastly love couple. Outta the five Zombie tales so far this takes the number 3 spot IMO.
Rachel
May 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I love this series, this story was a little messy with inconsistencies in some places, which detracted from the story a little, but I still love this series of gory fairy tales. This story had elements of Isaac Marion's Warm Bodies within it. I eagerly await the next instalment.
Conny
Mar 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-books
Best so far ...
Karen
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
This installment was the best yet. I loved the romance and the fact that it was not centered, solely, on the zombie theme. Another great addition.
Crystal Withem
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I think this story is my favorite of the series so far. I just loved everything about it. It wasn't super gory, but it came across with a great zombie feel to it. I can't wait to read more.
Sarah Gaddy
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite one in this series so far!!!
Heather
Feb 21, 2014
Roseanne
Jul 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kevin Richey lives and writes in the Pacific Northwest. He is the author of Zombie Fairy Tales, a series of short stories set in a dark fairy tale universe plagued by zombies.

He kindly welcomes readers to become a GoodReads friend or fan. Feel free to comment with questions or requests on blog entries as well.

If you are a blogger and would like a review copy, please write to info@thekevinrichey.co
More about Kevin Richey...

Zombie Fairy Tales (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Zombie Cinderella (Zombie Fairy Tales #1)
  • Hansel and Gretel Are Dead (Zombie Fairy Tales #2)
  • The Zombie Pinocchio (Zombie Fairy Tales #3)
  • Blood Red Riding Hood (Zombie Fairy Tales #4)
  • Zombie Cinderella II: The Ball (Zombie Fairy Tales #6)
  • Revenge of the Little Match Girl (Zombie Fairy Tales #7)
  • The Curse of Peter Pan (Zombie Fairy Tales #8)
  • The Little Mermaid of Death (Zombie Fairy Tales #9)
  • The Headless Horseman (Zombie Fairy Tales #10)
  • Skull White (Zombie Fairy Tales #11)