Start by marking “Eden Springs” as Want to Read:
Eden Springs

Eden Springs

In the boomtown of Eden Springs, someone is spilling the blood of children. Desperate, the sheriff calls in ex-Union scout Aaron Byrne to stop them. For the lawman for hire, it's just another job-until he meets Jonah Mann, the town's Oxford-trained astronomer-cum-schoolteacher. Aaron never stays in one place for long, but a few stolen glances from the eccentric professor b ...more
Published May 23rd 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published May 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Eden Springs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eden Springs

Vio
I am in two minds about this story. First off I loved the writing the characters and the western setting plus that interesting twist on astronomy was great. I felt that Aaron and Jonah had much more to share and give and that's where I had some issues. Things were solved too quickly the bad guys were found and eliminated almost immediately, it felt a little rushed. Like another reviewer mentioned it seemed like a lot of back story was missing it definitely needed to be a longer book to
Ami
While I like the characters, and the quiet intensity that I get to read when Aaron and Jonah are talking about stars, the part with Aaron's job -- tracking and catching the villains -- ends a bit too fast. There's no real threat, or enough action, and I don't even get to feel the 'evilness' of those men. They are just being told to me as a reader. For that part, this story is a let down.

However, for the other part, namely the characters and how they connect, I love those! There's this p
Edina Rose
May 14, 2012 Edina Rose rated it really liked it
I like a good Far-West romance. The plot is nice: Aaron, a lawman for hire is called by an old army friend, now sheriff of a little town called Eden Springs, to catch a group of killers-rapists. First day in the town Aaron meets Jonah, a posh, wealthy and oxford educated man everybody calls "Professor" (lol). Jonah is an intriguing character, an enigma. What is a sophisticated man like him doing in the middle of nowhere teaching kids, boys AND girls, to speak French and Latin and dream about "fa ...more
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Aggie
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Genre: M/M Historical
Rated: 4.5 Hearts

Heather C
Sweet story but a little too insta-love for me. Nice HFN ending.
Prentice
Apr 05, 2013 Prentice rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Magnificent 7 slash fans
This was a nice little afternoon distraction for me. Well developed with interesting characters, Eden Springs was a very quick read, whose plot deserved to be put into a novel length story rather than this too-short novella. Even so, I was surprised how much I liked it and how much more I wanted to get to know the characters.

Jonah was a complex character that deserved more air time than he got and I was disappointed that the author played down Aaron's wandering ways since the war. Additionally,
UnusualChild{beppy}
Synopsis: Aaron is an ex-army scout who is hired by people to take care of any law breakers in their towns. When he travels to Eden Springs to find the person responsible for dead children, he meets Jonah, s school teacher. As Aaron works to find the killer, he and Jonah become closer.

What I liked: I liked the story and the characters. I also liked the setting. I liked Aaron and Jonah together, and I liked that they were happy to find each other.

What I didn't like: the ending seemed rushed, and
Meggie
May 28, 2012 Meggie rated it liked it
This is really well developed, to short, story in small old western town. I enjoyed what the author created here. The small town was pulling and the main storyline, too. I really liked Aaron and Jonah as a main couple, each of them had his own story, own past. I'm just sad that it ended too soon, because I simply loved the atmosphere and settings of this story. I hope we will get a new story when Aaron returns back to Jonah in Eden Springs.
Cathy
May 23, 2012 Cathy rated it liked it
Short story with not enough time to learn much about the MC's so I really didn't connect with them. It ended way to soon. Hardly any angst making it a light read. Though I did like the setting and the Professors protective, caring attitude toward his students. If there is more to the story I might consider reading it.
Ambre
Jul 23, 2015 Ambre rated it really liked it
Very nice, apart from a somewhat abrupt and unsatisfying ending (not uncommon in a novella). Interesting characters that do not seem dragged along by the plot, plus a bit of historical flavor.
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Sumire_k
Sumire_k rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Silver
Silver rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Michael Outen
Michael Outen rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Secretly Reading
Secretly Reading rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Tom Patchen
Tom Patchen rated it liked it
May 27, 2015
Aluvrianne
Aluvrianne rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2016
A
A rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Hart
Hart rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2016
A.L.
A.L. rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2016
katarzyna
katarzyna rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Max
Max rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2013
Fritz Cocoy
Fritz Cocoy rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2014
Helene
Helene rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Scotty
Scotty rated it really liked it
May 24, 2012
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Wirees
Wirees rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2013
Phred Phan
Phred Phan rated it really liked it
May 26, 2012
Avalible in Kindle Format 1 1 Jun 10, 2012 02:25AM
Dreamspinner Press: Eden Springs by Ada Maria Soto 1 8 May 23, 2012 06:49AM
Ada Maria Soto is a born and raised Californian, Mexican-American/WASP, currently living as an expat in the South Pacific. Writing is her day job for the two days a week her toddler is in daycare. The other five days a week her toddler is her day job.

A psychologist once told her she has a fantasy prone personality, but since she’s trying to be a writer that’s not a bad thing. She has dysgraphia an
More about Ada Maria Soto...

“Between the tragedies and heroics there are the everyday banalities of war.” 1 likes