Start by marking “A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)

A Dom is Forever

(Masters and Mercenaries #3)

Librarian's note: See alternate cover edition of ISBN13 9781937608101 here.

A Man with a Past…

Liam O’Donnell fled his native Ireland years ago after one of his missions ended in tragedy and he is accused of killing several of his fellow agents. Shrouded in mystery, Liam can’t remember that fateful night. He came to the United States in disgrace, seeking redemption for crime
Published November 11th 2012 by DLZ Entertainment, LLC (first published November 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Dom is Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dom is Forever

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
1,025 books — 1,340 voters
My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise SinclairNobody's Perfect by Kallypso MastersBared to You by Sylvia DayReflected in You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Best BDSM Published in 2012
164 books — 534 voters

More lists with this book...

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

In this third installment of the Masters and Mercenaries we finally get manwhore Liam O'Donnell's story. I've been curious about him since I started this series and he did not disappoint. I love when one of the players is being brought to his knees. And Liam went down beautifully and with flying colors. He fell for a Jane Plain he didn't see coming. The girl who had the softest heart.

When I began reading this book I thought of Avery as bland. She didn't have much of a personality despite her hav
~ Becs ~
Book 3 in the Masters & Mercenaries series and this one is definitely a winner and the most exciting story so far.

I will confess that I struggled a little with the first two in this series. I loved the idea of ex-special Forces guys running a CIA linked investigative agency and that they’re all doms. I love the covers and the James Bond themed titles but, even though I appreciated the first two books, I never fully connected with the characters the way I expected to. I was still invested eno
Sabrina
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Audio re-read 11/21/18
One of my favorites!
Kate's Corner
“The best secrets are the most twisted”

Liam O’Donnell is stuck in the past. Originally from Ireland after a mission went fubar he escaped to America with the help of Ian Taggart. But there is a lot to the story of the past which reveals itself throughout the book.

The team is in London on the hunt for Mr. Black aka Eli Nelson, the rogue agent from the Agency. He has been tied to one Thomas Molina. Liam has been tasked with following Thomas’s assistant. It has been a quiet couple of days.

One ay
 Rosebud
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this is the third installment in the 'masters & mercenaries' series about ex military men who are now working for the McKay-Taggart Security Agency.

Liam O'Donnell has gone undercover in an attempt to get close to Avery Charles, an assistant to a philantropist, who may have information that could help flush out one of the owner of the agency's arch enemy. He is told to use all resources available to gain her cooperation including sex.
Avery is a frumpy awkward female who is surprised when a g
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Another riveting 3.5 star kinky suspense from Ms. Blake. The third in this series contains more suspense which is what I want to read. This book starts out with a bang. Liam O'Donnell wakes up to a bad situation. This gives the book a foreboding feeling and then jumps to current day. I like the tie in from past history and how it can possibly impact today.

For this one we are in merry ole England and I loved it. Having lived and worked in WC London, I always enjoy reading settings in UK. Avery Ch
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
My Gawd but Lexi Blake could write a sexy hero. I have been curious about Liam since the first book in this series, and I def was not disappointed. His story had me curious until the last page. Avery was a great heroine as well. Her past is heart breaking, and even though she has some major self esteem issues (which is understandable, given her past) she still comes off strong in the story. This was a terrific read, and the love scenes?!!! PHEW! they were SCORCHING HOT!
I'm excited for Alex and
Jill
Thorougly enjoyable!!! This series just gets better and better!!
If you are in for a sexy bit of intrigued, with worldwide intelligence agencies,scary bad guys, gun fights and injuries (tense man, soo tence) Then this is the series for you.

The Masters and Mercanaries series is hot and a total hoot!! Imagine a group of Dom's running and international spy business, what is this a combination for?? Sexy times!!

The men in this series are amazing, I have loved all of them so far, but Liam has been my
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐3 STARS⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Juletta Gilge
Dec 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Meh. Good book, something about it felt weird. Like there was too much backstory to try and keep straight.
Lori
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the third installment in a series of stories that follows a team of ex-military/mercenaries who happen to also be mouth wateringly sexy Dom’s, and just like it's predecessors it captivates the reader.
It starts with the intriguing premise of two characters that have both faced great tragedy in their lives. Avery has fought her way through grief to forgiveness, while Liam has avoided facing his own history and instead has immersed himself in the dangerous sometimes violent world of the McK
Laura Johnson
3.5 suspenseful sexy stars. It was steamy, erotic...all with mystery, intrigue, and danger. You have two people with secrets from their past that control their lives, with the potential to destroy their future. It’s action packed lust filled dominance. This book is part of a series. Best to read previous books, all of which are FABULOUS!!! Can’t wait to read Ian’s story!
Shari Kay
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
This sub genre is just not my thing I guess. True BDSM (the clubs, scenes, voyeurism, exhibitionism, sharing, contracts) is not sexy to me. But I love an Alpha male and this series came highly rated. I carefully picked the least trigger pushing one of the bunch... as far as I could tell from reviews. That said, I honestly think I gave it a fair shot... but I'm calling major bullsh*t on this one.

I get different strokes for different folks... no problem there. What I find hot, others may not. I a
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating: 4.5★
There was actually a little resemblance of the story to the first book, the mark is a female and to get to the target, get to the mark first. Other than that, well, there’s a whole other aspect and mystery, a bigger picture and more suspense.

But, you don’t have to let it cloud your judgment with how the story goes as the mystery is so big to comprehend and something that I didn’t quite expect.

What I love though is I get a little more details or facet of life of the other supporting c

**Manjula ♥ Connor Cobalt**
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I had so many expectations for this book. Half way through the book it got boring and I was certain I was only going to give it 4 stars. But then the plot in the second half kept it very entertaining. Lots of twists and turns there.

I think I have been spoilt by higher standards of writing. Had I read this book a year back, I would have been jumping with joy at finding such a book. It has everything I look for in a story: hot sex, interesting plot and characters that feel real. It's jus
Witchmetal
Aug 08, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. I really love the special ops and thriller aspect of this series. I also love the club's and sex. But... I was over the complete infatuation of the characters as soon as they met. If the excess "oh we're so in love" parts had been edited out, yes the book would be 25% smaller but it would have been a fantastic read.
H
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
Easily a 4 star if it was 100 pages shorter.
Sassafrass
full review to come but I LOVED Liam and Avery. This series is absolutely amazing. I can't wait for it to continue.
Gizzie
This book had me guessing through out the book along with a few surprises.
Angela
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mf-romance
There are two reasons I enjoyed this story. The first reason is really just a matter of taste. My interest in dangerous heroes tends to generate a ton of Romantic BDSM title recommendations on my Goodreads profile but I seem to have a love/hate relationship with that genre. I love the hot, sexy heroes and the smokin' hot sex but that love comes with a few things I hate. One of my biggest hates with the Dom/sub stories is when the Dom does not allow the sub to speak, and will many times punish hi ...more
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
May 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
WOW...With each new addition to this series, I become more and more addicted. This is definitely one of my favorite series and A Dom Is Forever is definitely one of my favorite books and my favorite of this series. I love the blend of romance, kink and laughter that Lexi brings to this series and this combination is what keeps me returning.

I had been waiting for Liam's book since the beginning of the series but I had no idea that it would be so FREAKING AWESOME or that I would LOVE his characte
Kelley
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My husband got hooked on this one. This book has everything. Action, adventure, mystery, suspense, and of course super hot sex. I was torn about whether or not I wanted to read this book in this series. I was not a huge fan of Liam O'Donnell after reading "A Dom Who Loved Me" and "The Men with the Golden Cuffs". Honestly, I was more interested in Alex and Eve's story and almost chose to skip this book. I decided to read it because I am a creature of habit and like to read the books in a series i ...more
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
I really enjoyed the first two books in this series, and this one is heads and shoulders above them. The series seemed to take a more serious turn with this installment. The first two books seemed to be mostly romance, with a mystery sub-plot. In a Dom is forever, it was more equally balanced - and it made for a more satisfy and engaging story.

I LOVED finally getting to know Liam's story. He was a staple in the first two books, and seemed like the biggest hard-ass of the group. Liam left his Ir
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
KcLu's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 Stars

I don’t even know how to start this one except to say I think I have found a new book boyfriend!! Lexi has created a story that will literally have you fanning yourself and biting the nails off your hand!!

Liam O’Donnell left Ireland in a dark cloud of mystery and misery. He woke up to his brother dead, and got out of the building seconds before it blew to pieces. He let the agency he was working for think he was dead too, and started a
Julie
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
McKay-Taggart is on the case again. Trying to locate the rogue CIA agent that almost killed both Sean and Grace. Their task has led them straight to London and a new target ..Thomas Molina. With connections to the seedier side of life, Molina is a link the agency can use to get to their ultimate target. All bets are off on this journey and whatever must be done will prevail.

A planned seduction is in order to get closer to Molina. Avery Charles is the target that Liam must connect with. Pain is
M.V. Freeman
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought the story and subject matter was brilliantly done.

I admit, I chose this book because I was curious. Hey, I'll admit, this isn't my usual book to read. But I read 50 shades-and I wanted to see how others wrote about this subject matter.

I was sucked into the story immediately. Liam is an Irish Mercenary working for an American (I admit-I always fall for an Irishman). He is sent to ferret out information on a shady man who is running a charity as a front for darker things.

Avery is a woma
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com

I had forgotten how much I had really enjoyed this series, so when the opportunity to get caught up arose I jumped right on to it. A Dom Is Forever is Liam’s book and while it took me a while to actually read it, (I had to stop to read other books for tours and such) I think the fact that I spread it out had me savor their story even more. I was able to pick right back up each time without forgetting what had occurred.

Liam is the sexy Irish addition to McKay-Tag
ツ Renée
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I totally LOVED this book! It is my favorite in the series so far.

Avery was a sweetheart of a heroine. She had been through unspeakable pain, survived, and was still able to see the good in life. I admired her character’s strength, and I loved her emergence as a confident, passionate woman. She had Liam by the balls and it was fun to see.

From the beginning, he fought his attraction to her. He tried to be cold, clinical, distant – but he couldn’t. Avery just drew him in. Their love was hot and s
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received a copy of this book from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review.

Anybody who knows James Bond is, I'm sure, aware that this series has the best James Bond-referenced titles. And I guess, in a way, it does related a little to 007. After all, these men in the group are alpha males who go on dangerous missions, mostly undercover, and save the day. These men are hot and tempting enough to win the heroines. Just like Bond. Except that aside from being macho, these men are doms too.
Becca
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is really between a 3 and 4 star read in my opinion, but the background story and supporting characters are good enough to keep my attention and compel me to buy the next book in the series... so I'll up it to 4.

As for the main characters, it isn't that they are unlikeable, but they are difficult to relate to. Avery is a woman who's had a hellish past, yet continues to be naive and sweet beyond belief. While Liam is quite an emotional mess - in a hot, sexy, alpha way of course. I notic
  • My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #5)
  • Siren Unleashed (Texas Sirens, #7)
  • Doms of Dark Haven (Truckee Wolves #2; Hawkeye #2.5; Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #2)
  • Their Virgin Hostage (Masters of Ménage, #5)
  • Hostile Takeover (Knights of the Board Room, #5)
  • Nobody's Perfect (Rescue Me Saga, #3)
  • My Wicked Nanny (Club Wicked, #2)
  • Slave To Love
  • Molly's Lips: Club Mephisto Retold (Club Mephisto, #1.5)
NY Times and USA Today bestselling author Lexi Blake lives in North Texas with her husband, three kids, and the laziest rescue dog in the world. She began writing at a young age, concentrating on plays and journalism. It wasn't until she started writing romance and urban fantasy that she found the stories of her heart. She likes to find humor in the strangest places and believes in happy endings n ...more

Masters and Mercenaries (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • On Her Master's Secret Service (Masters and Mercenaries, #4)
  • Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5)
  • Dungeon Royale (Masters and Mercenaries, #6)
  • A View to a Thrill (Masters and Mercenaries, #7)
  • You Only Love Twice (Masters and Mercenaries, #8)
  • Master No (Masters and Mercenaries, #9)
  • From Sanctum with Love (Masters and Mercenaries, #10)
  • Dominance Never Dies (Masters and Mercenaries, #11)
“Punishment? You don’t have any right to punish me. And I can curse. I choose not to most of the time, but don’t think it doesn’t go through my head, asshole. I was trying to give you something. I was trying to give you my body.”
“That’s where you fucked up, little girl. I don’t want your body. I want your soul. I want your everything. And I definitely want your orgasms. I want them all. I’ll be a greedy bastard, savoring them and hoarding them all for myself. You wanted to give me your body? I can buy that on a street corner, sweetheart. You’re the one who’s being selfish now.”
“How is it selfish to offer to have sex? I don’t understand what you want.”

“First off, I want you to stop hiding yourself from me. You’re the one making this tawdry by pretending it’s dirty and not worthy of the light of day.”
“I didn’t mean it that way.”

“We’re going to do this my way. We tried yours and it didn’t work, so I’m taking control. I should have done it in the first place.”
23 likes
“I got a body covered in scars, but then who doesn’t? If you don’t have a few scars, you haven’t really lived.” 21 likes