Start by marking “Cuffed at Midnight (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cuffed at Midnight (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #3)

Cuffed at Midnight

(Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #3)

Trevor and Cassandra Bauers romance continues to burn even after a near death, their wedding, working cases for the NSA, and their own personal investigation into the disappearance of Trevors parents. Trevors birthday is on the horizon and Cassandra is beating her head against the keyboard trying to find the right gift. Inspiration finally hits in the form of a ...more
Published February 15th 2012 by Éire Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cuffed at Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cuffed at Midnight

Start your review of Cuffed at Midnight (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #3)
Becky Condit
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubreys little short story, CUFFED AT MIDNIGHT is a quick look at how Trevor and Cassandra are doing now that they are married and living in Dublin. Its Trevors birthday and Cassandra wants to give him the perfect birthday present. Outside the box thinking...

See my complete review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index.... (March 17, 2012)
Karissa
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who would have thought that Cassandra James... apologies, Cassandra Bauer has a naughty streak? But with a little, unintended help from her best friend Jessica (or not that unintended) and her service handcuffs, the result is a birthday present whereby the Geekster has no idea just what hit him, or cuffed in this situation.

This delightful short story is a quick read that will leave you with a smile. Highly recommended!
Roxanne
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gives me an idea on what I should do to my husband.......
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Holy Hot birthday presents! Cuffed at Midnight is a companion novella to the Countermeasure series by the fabulous writing duo of Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey. For anyone that has ever read a book and just wondered what happens next these companion novellas are the perfect solution. I am loving the Bytes of Life companion books.

This book is narrated by Tim Gerard Reynolds. I thoroughly enjoy Tim's narration of Trevor. He does an equally good job with Cassie. And kudos to him for reading
Sloane
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cuffed at Midnight, the short following Countermeasure was a very enjoyable read. Seeing a happy, relaxed side of Trevor and Cassandra as they moved forward and started their new life together in Dublin was great. I was not expecting the "present" that Cassandra gave Trevor for his birthday and her execution of her gift was amazing!
Gaele
AudioBook Review
Stars: Overall 5 Narration 5 Story 5

I adore these vignettes that focus on the quiet moments of life for Cassie and Trevor, and Cuffed at Midnight is one that starts with a simple moment of panic in their lives together: Trevors birthday and just what to give him for a present.

Almeida and Aubrey have created the couple that you want to know, or want to be: their humor, their obvious affection for one another, and one of the most interesting gifting scenes that I have ever
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full review: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

If you thought Countermeasures was graphic, this little short will leave you gasping as it isnt long before we get very firmly (excuse the pun) into the action! If you are at all prudish then this DEFINITELY isnt for you as it details sexual acts very graphically between two very consenting adults. To say it made me break into a bit of a sweat is an understatement! But though this certainly ISNT my usual type of read, I did find it a lot of
Mark Woods
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trevor Bauer is a former NSA Operative haunted by his past. His parents disappeared a few years ago, are presumed dead at sea and he has become obsessed with discovering the truth behind what REALLY happened. Former CIA Agent, Cassandra James has her own issues; she left The Agency after being wounded in the line of duty and is now married to Bauer and working independently with him in Dublin where they seek clues to the truth about his parents disappearance whilst working as freelance agents.

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

With Cuffed at Midnight we get a quick short glance at how things are moving along with Trevor and Cassandra. Trevors birthday is approaching and she is at a loss trying to come up with the perfect gift for a geek who has everything (her words, not mine). She wants it to be special and meaningful where it is his first birthday together. She finally settles on the one gift she knows he will enjoy and love.her.

This short story comes complete with
Amy R
Can I just say that Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey know how to title their books? Well, in Cuffed at Midnight we watch new wife Cassandra try to figure out what to get her geek of a husband, Trevor, for his birthday. What do you get someone like him? He pretty much has everything he wants. She comes up with something hot. Want to know what it is? Well...I'm not going to tell you...because you will LOVE it. The bytes of life that Chris and Cecilia put out in between their full length novels are ...more
Rhayne
This short story comes complete with handcuffs, edible body oil, and a lot of tangled body parts. Trevor becomes more aware that he fully belongs to Cassandra. He realizes that she is the one that completes him and the one person that he can trust unconditionally.
I am really loving these snippets into this couples lives. The sex is scorching hot, the passion is genuine and real, and its all tied up with a bow of true encompassing love.

Complete Review Posted Here:
Candy
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassandra has a BIG problem. Trevor's birthday is coming up and she has no clue what to get the Geek who has everything. Inspiration strikes when she remembers a set of handcuffs in her closet and she surprises Trevor with a gift he isn't likely to forget anytime soon.
This is a great second addition to the Bytes of Life series that give the readers a slice of life in the Countermeasure series. Everything that you love about Countermeasure and To Russia with Love is in this book. And it's
Lori Myers
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let the hotness begin....I needed a cigarette after this one- and I don't even smoke! This one is a lot more .....eh.....racy? Sexy? This one, I think, has all the sex that was left out of all the others....Chris and Cecilia snared me with the edible chocolate body oil....yeah...I didn't even know I harbored those thoughts! bummer that payday is a few more days away....groceries or books???? tough question for me, knowing that more of these books are on my horizon!
Sheila
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cassie needs a birthday present for Trevor and comes up with the idea of handcuffs and oils that her friend had sent them. She has her way with him. It's been done before. Nothing new in the presentation of the story.
Lynn Hallbrooks
This is another of the bytes of life books (short story) that I really enjoyed reading.

This book finds Trevor heading towards his birthday and Cassandra not knowing what to get for him. Will her present please Trevor?

Ches
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Another short story about the daily life of Cassie and Trevor...

What do you get a Geek that has EVERYTHING?!?! Cassie faced this problem with her new hubby....

Her solution....be creative! A little massage oil and handcuffs at the stroke of midnight on Trevor's birthday...Surprise!!!!

Kimberly
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series. And these authors are AMAZING! Thanks Chris and Cecilia for another fabulous read!
Tosha
Nov 09, 2012
Sahara
rated it did not like it
Jun 28, 2012
Jan 12, 2013
J_Farrell
Sep 06, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Chris Almeida (also known as C. Almeida) began writing childrens stories at a very young age. Born in Brazil but currently living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Chris life took a totally different course when technology came into play, and the following 17 years were spent delving deep into the world of programming and web design.
It was in 2010, when Chris began role playing online as a hobby, that

Countermeasure: Bytes of Life (7 books)
  • Uncharted (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #1; Countermeasure 0.5)
  • Ecstasy by the Sea (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #2; Countermeasure #1.1)
  • Passion at Dawn (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #4; Countermeasure #1.4)
  • Blindsided (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #5; Countermeasure #2.1)
  • Lost to Rapture (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #6; Countermeasure #2.4)
  • Christmas Wish (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #7; Countermeasure #2.6)