Start by marking “Sovereign Hope (Hope, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sovereign Hope (Hope, #1)

Sovereign Hope

(Hope #1)

Everyone has a soul

Some are just worth more than others

Farley Hope was seventeen when her mother disappeared. In the last six months not much has changed, except that her eighteenth birthday came and went and still no sign of Moira. Her life is just as complicated as it always was. Since her father died in a car crash before she was even born, she’s officially parentless,
Paperback, First Edition, 391 pages
Published July 1st 2012 by CreateSpace (first published May 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sovereign Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sovereign Hope

Start your review of Sovereign Hope (Hope, #1)
Rhonda
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This review first appeared at:

"When the tailsman and the fair sovereign borne of the line are found in unity, she will possess the power to destroy our great people forever.".........

I went into this book with high hopes.

I have been in the mood for something different lately, and haven’t been able to find one that’s already in my kindle to read. I ran across this book, and read the blurb, then viewed the trailer. I’m a sucker for a good book trailer,
Eunice
Sovereign Hope is a pretty nice and interesting read. While I did have some issues with the writing, primarily with the romance and sometimes a little on the heroine I can say that it had shown quite a number of potential to be a good series. Maybe just a little improvement here and there.

Farley was a character I couldn't identify with immediately. I wasn't sure what to really think of her character at first and it took me some times to get used to her. I don't know if she's tough or just reall
Sarah Wentworth
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Photobucket

OMG OMG OMG!!!

I FINISHED THIS BOOK IN ONE NIGHT!!! I've never done that before. All i can say is that i enjoyed it I'm going to be a nightmare until the next book comes out. I loved the main characters. they were way more believable than some of the ones I've read about in books recently. Farley's amazing because she's strong and smart and she doesn't do retarded things every five minutes, which was refreshing.

Daniel was... sigh... so HOT! I really wish there had been more making out. If yo
Alexia Purdy
Like I said, Wow, just awesomely WOW. Loved this story! It was amazing, captivating, enticing, all those words that describe how I can gush about this book.

Farley Hope is just trying to find her mother. 6 months after her disappearance and no word on what happened to her, Farley is being chased. She’s not paranoid. Literally, a black SUV full of big bad dudes have come for her in the middle of the road in L.A. standstill traffic. What do they want? And who is this breathtaking handsome man name
Paranormal Reads
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review:
First off I would like to take this time to thank Frankie Rose for sending me a copy of Sovereign Hope to review. When I first read the blurb for Sovereign Hope I was instantly intrigued, I wanted to find out more about the book because there was just…something.

I am sure you all have had moments like those, where you just have that feeling that you know you will end up loving the book. But if the blurb wasn’t enough to get my attention, once I received the copy and saw the cover, it had m
Melissa Simmons
May 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, indie, utopya
Sovereign Hope is the first book in the Hope series by Frankie Rose. When approached about being part of this blog tour, I was excited to be part of it. Just from reading the synopsis, I knew I would like this book. I wasn't wrong. It was one of the best books I've read so far this year. I'm going to try hard not to gush, but I'm not making any promises, guys.

Sovereign Hope is a fast-paced, suspenseful thrill ride from beginning to end. It had all the ingredients a great book has; lots of actio
Kellie
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I felt so privileged to be among the first to get a sneak peek at this book. Being a bit older than the intended audience (ahem) I wasn't sure if I'd be able to fully immerse myself in YA Land. And as you can probably tell from the books on my reading list, I'm not normally a big fantasy gal either.
But...this book sucked me in right from the start and kept me intrigued til the last page. The characters were so wonderfully rounded, and I really connected with both Farley and Daniel straight away.
Whitney
You can also see this review on my blog, here. :)

Actual Rating: 4.5

I really liked this book. I'm glad Frankie gave me the chance to read and review it and be apart of her blog tour. <3 A million thank you's to her gorgeous self! Sovereign Hope is different from your typical YA book. It has a pretty cool plot twist and is awesomely written.

The world of Sovereign Hope is total excitement. Dark, dangerous, and thrilling. It's new and it's very neat. I loved Frankie's writing. There's a city under
Erin
Jul 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was all over the map with my feelings on this story for awhile, but in the end I really liked the characters and enjoyed where the story went. My rating is somewhere between a 3.0-3.5 stars since there were some aspects of it that I didn't like.

Sovereign Hope starts out with a bang, so I was expecting this to be a thrill-ride of a story, but it slowed down a lot after the opening scene shocker. Farley is dealing with the strange visions she sees, desperately hoping her mother is somewhere out
Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess
Wickedly Bookish Reviews

Farley Hope is still dealing with the fallout of her mother's disappearance when Daniel, a mysteriously sexy guy, and the Reavers turn her world upside down. There is an entirely different world of super humans living beneath the city? Farley is a part of some ancient prophecy? What's a girl to do when all she wants is to find out what happened to her mother and get back to her normal life?

Sovereign Hope is definitely one of the best i
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I would like to thank Frankie Rose writing such an incredible read! I finished the book and I was like what the heck, wait a minute I need more! Frankie has crafted a world like no other. It had me on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading it. I had to put it down for a few hours and I was dying to get back to it. There are a lot of major players in this book so this review is going to be a little different because I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I want to give you a litt ...more
Farzy Mae of BooksKeepMeSane
This review was originally posted at BOOKS KEEP ME SANE

Sovereign Hope is one of those books that once you start reading, you just can’t stop. I was instantly drawn to the story from the very first page.

One of the reasons why I was instantly intrigued by the book was the fact that Farley is destined to die. But of course, I knew she isn’t going to die because she’s the main character and what is a story without a main character, right? However, I picked the book because I was interested to know h
Brandy
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, review-copy
Wow! This was a fantastic YA story and the cover is very eye catching! It takes a lot to wow me when it comes to YA but this book was amazing! Enter the world full if immortals but not the usual kind you read about....
Sovereign Hope starts out with a girl named Farley, her Mother left work early one day and hasn't been seen since and that was six months ago. Farley is just shy of turned 18 and is in her last year of High School, her best friend Tess is all she has left since her Father died befo
Lis  Carcamo (The Reader L)
Okay, here I go again.
I was planning on write this review since the day I finished reading the book, but guess what? It didn’t come good.
Every time I start writing I ended up repeating the “I loved it” phrase. And you know that’s really annoying!
Once again I don’t want to say a lot about the plot cuz it was so unique that I want you to live the thread getting caught surprised of such amazing scenes and characters.
Did I say that I loved Daniel? Naw, I haven’t mentioned him!
Well, Daniel is that da
Andrea
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Severely disappointed. This was not what I had expected from the blurb. The whole book was basically Farley moping around in a bland, underground cavern. There was some action at times but it wasn't enough for a good suspenseful read.
The writing was poor, in my opinion and sometimes I found it hard to comprehend what she was trying to say. I don't mean to insult the author, but that was just something that bothered me a bit.
I did like Kayden though and would've liked to explore his character
Heather
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow!!! I. Absolutely. Loved. This. Book! I won't say it reeled me in on the first page, but by the third page, I had a hard time putting this book down.

I loved the characters as well especially Farley, Agatha, and Daniel. I felt they were all well developed characters.

Yes, there is a bit of a love story going on but it doesn't take over the whole book which is nice. It's more of a backstory. There was also plenty of action.

This is definitely one of my favourite reads of forever! I'd d
Jackie -Sated Faery
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh man! This was such a smashing book! I had to force myself to stop and write this review before diving right into book 2. I miss Farley & Daniel already! Farley was so brave and steady from the very beginning. Most people in her shoes would've fallen apart but she kept her faith and kept pushing forward no matter what. And what can I say about Daniel? He's an arrogant, rude, too-sexy-for-his-own-good, badass. I fell in love with him immediately. Their chemistry together was...well.. tense. Uns ...more
Melanie
May 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5*s loved it !
review posted here
BookHookup
Aug 04, 2012 rated it liked it
The original review can be found here on The Book Hookup blog.

**This book was given to The Book Hookup by the author, but that did not influence the review in any way.**

Celeste and Christina's Review:

Initial thoughts:

Celeste: Oooh, action! But I want to know what is going on. Oooh, romance. Who is the hot guy with all that chemistry with Farley?

Christina: Oooh, pretty cover! (My cover-loving heart rejoices!) Immediately the action began which had me excited because I like fast paced stories, bu
Kim (Sliced Open Reviews)
Pulse pounding action, kick ass female lead, breakout originality, smoking hot Daniel, frustrating romance…all equate to an extreme read...

Within the first 6 pages of this book I was doused with the inability to stop (or sleep). From reading the synop on GoodRead’s I already had a pretty good feeling I would, at the minimum, enjoy this book. I, by no means, was prepared for how MUCH I would enjoy this book. So much so that I’m quite sure that this has made it on to my top reads for 2012. SOVEREI
Erika

Everyone has a soul

Some are just worth more than others

Stephanie Tang
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I have to thank author Frankie Rose for giving me the opportunity to read her debut novel a month early. This was so exciting for me; my first ever review request! I can’t express enough how grateful I am for this opportunity. On the other hand, I do feel the need to say that the fact that I received a copy of this book for review did not influence my opinion on this book in any way, shape, or form. Therefore all opinions stated in this review are mine and mine alone. Now that we’v ...more
Margay
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I first started reading this book, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. For one thing, it just jumps right into the action without any build-up, so I started out just as confused as Farley about what the heck was going on. And you know what? It worked. Because I had to figure out what was going on, just like Farley. It wasn't long before I was totally sucked into the story. And what a story it is!

I read a lot of books with paranormal elements, adult and young adult alike, and I am constantly
Kristin (Young Adult Book Haven)
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
My Thoughts:

First of all, a huge thank you to Frankie Rose who gave me the opportunity to read and review her book, which I am so glad that I did because I really enjoyed it. Sovereign Hope is one of those books that takes you on a journey an when you are done, you really feel like you have been on a crazy ride. My first impression was ooh, I love this cover and it really drew me in and got me interested in the book.

This story was definitely not like most of other YA reads out there I felt that
Barb Lie
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sovereign Hope is the debut novel and first book in Frankie Rose’s Hope Series. When I read the description of this story, I figured another one of those teenage girls in distress, since it did not look like the lately normal YA dystopian theme.

The action in the book started pretty quickly, and even though at the beginning, you may not understand what is happening..neither does the heroine, you are pulled totally into the story. I was totally surprised, and pleasantly I might add, how Frankie Ro
Book Whales
May 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There is always this thing with gorgeous cover. Readers will have high expectations for it. A good cover must have a great story. Well, this book is the total package. I was fortunate enough to be given an ARC of Sovereign Hope. Holy Cheese! This book is remarkable! Prepare yourself for tons of action and romance that can burst your heart into joyous pieces.

Let us dive in into the story. Farley is the main character here. She is broken and confused. Farley is in search of her mother, who had dis
Jo-Anne
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I need to sit on this one before I write a review. Suffice to say it is fantastic! You need to grab a copy.

Update 24/7/12

Sovereign Hope is one of those books that grab you from the first page and does not let you go. I adore this book on so many levels. I have been in a reading funk for a while, I just felt like every book I was reading was the same. I have to say a huge thank you to Frankie for asking me to review her book because I was blown away. I was instantly immersed in the world Frankie
Marie DeLaRosa
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Note: This review has been posted also under Paranormal Reads Goodreads Account but as I also wanted to post it under my personal account I am making this note so that there is no confusion...

Review:

I am sure you all have had moments like
Girls*heart*Books

Charlie Finn
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of reading this book for rewview for Totally Bookalicious and I loved Sovereign Hope, I couldn’t get enough of the story or the characters. I felt from the start it was completely action packed and the storyline was fresh and exciting it had me guessing from the start what was going to happen and the majority of the time I was wrong! I couldn’t wait to get to the bottom of each page, I loved that it wasn’t centered around vampires or werewolves but instead something I hadn’t r ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Kayden and Daniel 1 10 Jul 19, 2012 04:43AM
Book Trailer 1 10 May 17, 2012 10:39PM

• Fracture (Blood & Roses, #2)
  • Burn (Blood & Roses, #3)
  • Destructive King (Mafia Royals, #3)
  • Bad Apple (Willow Heights Prep Academy: The Exile Book 1)
  • Vicious Prince (Violent Kingdom, #1)
  • The Dating Plan
  • Deviant (Blood & Roses, #1)
  • The Kiss (Playboy Pact #1)
  • Winter (Four Seasons, #1)
  • Significance (Significance, #1)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Father Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6.5)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Savage Delight (Lovely Vicious, #2)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Retribution (Redemption, #3)
  • Mud Vein
Frankie Rose was born in the United Kingdom, but now lives with her husband in sunny Australia.

She officially makes things up for a living, and when she's not doing that, she is generally making paper birds out of receipts and old lists or taking photographs that make her smile.

Hope (3 books)
  • Eternal Hope (Hope, #2)
  • Lost Hope (Hope, #3)