Start by marking “The Laptop Millionaire” as Want to Read:
The Laptop Millionaire

The Laptop Millionaire

The Laptop Millionaire provides 32 easy to follow step-by-step strategies proven to make real money online. You’ll learn how you can replace your income in 90 days or less, and forget about having a job – instead, create your own economy!

The Laptop Millionaire reveals the exact strategies author Mark Anastasi used to make millions of dollars online and includes the success
Published April 24th 2012 by Wiley

Richard
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A friend kindly sent me a copy of The Laptop Millionaire, and while I was sceptical of the content based on the sub-title of "Anyone can escape the 9 to 5 and make money online", the book contained chapters on interesting topics such as how to make money from affiliate programmes, social media, webinars, members websites, online marketing and much more.

The author Mark Anastasi, shares his own story of rags to riches while mentored by a mysterious "Laptop Millionaire" -- a man he meets who seemin
February Four
Jul 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Some of the talk left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth (very used-car-salesman), but I understand the "create value for others" exhortation and think that the core of the message is to use every tool at your disposal. I won't be doing what this book says (I'm afraid I just can't get my skin to thicken up at the moment), but at the same time, this was an eye-opener, if nothing else.

An unexpected takeaway I got from this book: it explains why I am currently getting so many webinar sign-up e-mails
Benoit Lelièvre
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a good book. I was not the exact right target for it, but there's a lot to learn from THE LAPTOP MILLIONAIRE. I loved what he said about starting an online business without any money, the eBook business, email marketing and webinars. I've learned a lot on these subjects. But since I'm a social media professional myself, I thought Mark Anastasi's advice on how to monetize Facebook and Twitter were a little narrow-minded and not adapted to the reality of existing brands. Matter of fact, yo ...more
John Jeffcoat iii
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you only read one book on Email Marketing / Social Media Marketing / Income Diversification via online marketing... this is the one. Every page is filled with fabulous ideas and insightful advice on building an online cash flow built around either your webiste, or your blog, or just affiliate marketing of informational or physical materials to a targeted Opt-In market in a way that does not involve "spam" at all. This book will give you many great ideas on ways to further your online business ...more
Mike Sambuco
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Entrepreneurs
Shelves: business
Mark teaches about many different valuable ideas and examples (case studies) on how to make money through using the power of the internet. I learned of a number of ways that I had not known about, so I was happy with my investment in this book. He identified some needed free tools that will easily offset the cost. He also fleshed out some methods that I am aware of, like PPC ads, so now I know more about them, which was interesting. I still have a bunch of work to do to fully digest and get it a ...more
Steve Holloway
A worthwhile read that gave me a number of ideas on how to market and sell online. I'll certainly be using some of the strategies from this book in the future.

However, there were two big negatives for me. Hardly a page goes by without ClickBank being mentioned. It might be a fantastic resource for affiliate marketers, but the book really oversold it.

Secondly, the book goes against my personal philosophy of creating value. Perhaps it's the reason that I'm not rich (yet), but this book is about
Beáta Lišková
nemám rada takéto knihy a všelijaké webináre a podobné sprostosti, pretože väčšina z nich je len o tom ako zohnať čo najviac fanúšikov na fb, instagram, twitter, ako robiť reklamu, lákať zákazníkov a reči o živote. Nemám to rada pretože, takíto ľudia lákajú ostatných robiť to, čo robia oni a keď si to tak zhrniem, tak o niekoľko rokov budeme všetci len na prednáškach a workshopoch v kravatách a kostýmoch počúvať o úspechoch druhých a mne sa pokazí plyn/elektrina/zub/auto a nebudem mať za kým ísť ...more
Fullfaun
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I liked this. it gave a person so many ideas to use to start their own business. you don't have to follow his formula.

But the amount of resources open to everyone is AMAZING!
Almir
Sep 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

This book is one of those books that contains basic information that you can find for free online by doing some research. That wouldn’t be funny, if one of the idea to make money in this book suggest just that, that you go online and collect free information, get them into book and sell to people. This is just one of those MLM schemes books, author make money by promoting money making opportunities. Going from zero to fortune by selling (mostly) junk produ
Hoan
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was very informative with great wealth of information for anyone to get started. The tips were realistic and helpful. Great resources listed and educational. The success stories were a bit much as most of them were probably the exception. I wish this spoke more about the timing to get ramped up and effort that something would require. Also would feel more genuine o it listed the failures and reasons for things not working out. Overall, it was inspiring and I’ll definitely use this as a refe ...more
Jesse Miller
May 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Some good ideas about business and internet marketing, a lot of fluff or useless (to me) material, and one or two ethically questionable suggestions. I'll take what seems interesting and move on.
Makhate Gerard Makhate
If you want to cut to the chase, read this book!
Glenn
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Massive amount of information. It all seems legit, but I always wonder what portion of the "information marketing" out there is about information marketing itself.
W. Whalin
If you've spent much time online, I'm certain you've seen this type of material. Mark Anastasi has written the skeleton of how to make money online and gives some of the details--but often not enough detail for a reader with no background to successfully imitate his results.

This book is loaded with his personal websites to additional webinars and recorded events. I watched a number of them and they gave good information to get people started yet often you have to purchase some additional coachin
Russ
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title is misleading but who would really read, "make more money through the internet." This is a resource heavy book that reads more like a reference book than a get rich quick scheme. The author gives several types of examples of how to either start new businesses or improve your own business through internet marketing. It may be a little dated as internet marketing moves at a lightening pace but what if just one of his suggestions made your business more profitable? Could it mean getting o ...more
Anthony Cheng
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
The Laptop Millionaire could have been a 2 or a 4 out of 5, so I settled on a 3. The information, though dated in places, was generally helpful but the scammy vibe (there are a lot of exclamation points ... a lot) kept this from being a next-level book like 4-Hour Workweek. The anonymous-millionaire-who-gives-advice angle was also done to death in the Rich Dad, Poor Dad series. Don't need another.
Beverly
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Even if you don't plan on sitting on a beach and running your business from a laptop, I would recommend to anyone in business that they read this book. This book gives insight into updating your online profile in simple and easy language to understand. As in many industries, people speak in shorthand. My eyes would often glaze over when my website (and other advertisers) would talk in their shorthand. This book breaksdown the shorthand.
Chris Henthorn
May 02, 2013 added it
Recommends it for: someone interested in Internet marking
There are a lot of good ideas in the Laptop Millionaire. I agree some of these ideas seem old and dated, especially marketing clickbank products… The book itself points the reader in few different directions as far as where to get information on-line. I have found some of the on-line resources to be useful. After you sit back and process the information found within this book you might walk away with a few useful nuggets of wisdom.
Denician
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Step by step instructions on how to take control and create a side business. Heavy promotion of being an affiliate. I recommend doing your research on the affiliate you choose before trying this. I have read lots of negative feedback on clickbank and (forgot the other - begins with an L) his most recommended affiliates. Also check the BBB before using. Outside of that the information was very good and motivating.
Peace
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this, even if it sometimes felt like a sales pitch and even though the pros and cons of each idea weren't evenly presented. Some of them seem spammy, some unrealistic, and others are just made to seem easier than they actually are.

I will be looking into many of the ideas the author presents, and since I read it free from the library I'm sure I'll be getting my investment back at the very least :)
Thomas Hybki
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tons of great ideas. Really covers things well too.

Parts of it seem out of date and some parts seem to go over information you might have heard elsewhere - especially if you know a little about Facebook and Twitter. But I love the Joint Venture Webinar idea as well as many others. Totally worth the read.
Donnovan Simon
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting and many great ideas on how to build an internet business. While many of the ideas are practical and work, others are exaggerated somewhat and are not likely to be realistic for the vast majority of readers. That said, I have used some of the ideas and they have worked. I will surely try more.
Mel
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio-book, library
Somewhat interesting, but not very useful information that can be implemented. The best advice in the book is "sell a product," which is true because you can sell many more products than if you do something that involves selling your time.

Other than that, I didn't find the advice or examples to be useful, and he does a lot of self promotion.
Sukan Sethi
Mar 09, 2014 rated it liked it
A very captivating title and a good introduction of how money can be made online.

No shortcuts, it all comes down to your effort.

I found only a couple of chapters useful, and was adequate to get started.

This book will give you a general idea, but not the fine details.
Hunter
Apr 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Lots of money making ideas here that are sort of bordering on scammy. Hosting overpriced seminars to people you spammed on twitter? No thanks. But if your back is against the wall and you need cash, I suppose this book would be one place to turn.
David McClendon, Sr
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
There was some good information here but the book was very repetitive. The author would tell a story about a person and then later we would hear from the person again with basically the same information.
Veronica Yager
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First book I have read in this genre that actually gives you good step-by-step info for many different avenues. You will walk away with some great ideas, and will be pointed in the right direction to pursue them after reading this book!
Ana
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There's a great number of tips an techniques outlines in this book that can help you make a descent living online. Many of them require startup investment (some very little) but I'm sure is well worth it.
Currently implementing some of the concepts into my own business.
Sharon Brubaker
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book reads like an infomercial, but it's chock full of great information. The author leads the reader to access his website frequently in the book (http://laptopmillionaire.tv/). Interesting concepts presented.
Caleb Noonan
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's an excellent book with many of resources on start up business online. It gave a lot of great insights on how to interact with customers and how to successful build a business to meet customers' needs. Highly recommended for people who are looking for a way to make a passive income.
  • The Six-Figure Second Income: How to Start and Grow a Successful Online Business Without Quitting Your Day Job
  • App Empire: Make Money, Have a Life, and Let Technology Work for You
  • The Money Book for Freelancers, Part-Timers, and the Self-Employed: The only personal finance system for people with not-so-regular jobs
  • Get Rich Click!: The Ultimate Guide to Making Money on the Internet
  • Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games
  • Magnetic Sponsoring: How To Attract Endless New Leads And Distributors To You Automatically
  • Mobile Usability
  • Information Anxiety
  • The Freelancer's Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Have the Career of Your Dreams—On Your Terms
  • Make Miracles in Forty Days: Turning What You Have Into What You Want
  • The Millionaire Master Plan: Your Personalized Path to Financial Success
  • Click Millionaires: Work Less, Live More with an Internet Business You Love
  • Trump Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges Into Success
  • How to Be a Billionaire: Proven Strategies from the Titans of Wealth
  • The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth: Entrepreneurship for Weirdos, Misfits, and World Dominators
  • The Conversion Code: Capture Internet Leads, Create Quality Appointments, Close More Sales
  • Making a Living Without a Job: Winning Ways for Creating Work That You Love
  • Start a Freedom Business
“The four-step strategy that the Laptop Millionaire taught me was very simple: 1. Find a niche market with a problem that needs solving, research some great solutions, and create a Word document with that information in it. This can be a simple 30-page Word document, with one really good idea in it!” 0 likes