Start by marking “Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)” as Want to Read:
Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)

Season of Wonder

(The Remnants #1)

Their arrival was foretold for years . . .

Andriana is a Remnant, gifted as an empath and one of the Ailith, destined to act as humanity’s last shield against the horrors that now plague those who remain.

After years of training in stealth and warfare, Andriana and her Knight protector, Ronan, are finally ready to answer the Call and begin the life they were designed for. Bu
Published April 8th 2014 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Season of Wonder, please sign up.
gwen Yes, there are references to the Maker (God) and the main characters are followers of the Way (Christianity). It is set in a futuristic world like man…moreYes, there are references to the Maker (God) and the main characters are followers of the Way (Christianity). It is set in a futuristic world like many YA books, so I'd classify Remnants as Christian YA. (less)
Kay Millsap I have epub from my local library, I don't know where else its available. This book is available on Kindle.

Start your review of Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
Rachel Harris
Forbidden love. Poetic imagery. Addictive writing. Bergren does it again! Prepare to enter a world so different from our own, yet one you never want to leave. Romance fans and adrenaline-junkies alike will root hard for strong Andriana and her knight Ronan as they fight to save the world...and their intense attraction. I swooned, I laughed, and I worried. Addictive to the very end...I need book two now!!!

*I also sent the following in an email to Lisa...*

"Dude, that build up to the kiss? Ronan i
Ashley
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I've been intrigued by this series ever since is was announced. A YA dystopian from a Christian perspective? What would that look like? How would that even work? Better yet, would I love this series as much as I love the River of Time series? Would it be as good? And then I won a galley of Season of Wonder in a giveaway from the author. It came in the mail two days ago, and I spent most of this afternoon reading it. Because it was GOOD.

The story:

To me, it was like I am Number Four meets Firef
Hannah Rodes
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian
I picked this book up a while ago at Thrift Books on a whim. I had money, I liked the cover, and I wanted to read another book by Lisa T. Bergren. I didn’t know how much I would like this book, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Oky doky, let’s talk about the characters. This book follows a girl named Andriana, an Alith, one of the few chosen by the Maker to save the world! *cue dramatic music* At first I was skeptical at the whole save the world thing. It sounds like every book. Ever. But it was
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
{{This review was updated to the Official Rating System on March 19th,2016. This book was first reviewed on September 17th, 2014.}}

About this book:

“THEIR ARRIVAL WAS FORETOLD FOR YEARS….
Katie
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lisa Bergren has joined the ranks of author's who've dived into the dystopian/fantasy genre! :-)

I was really excited to see a Christian author (who's work I personally love!) publishing a novel in this category! There are a lot of books coming out in this genre, but they usually aren't those with good worldviews. So I was curious and intrigued how Bergren's new novel would turn out to be. And I was really pleased with the adventure I discovered within the pages of Remnants: Season of Wonder!

Andr
gabi
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was really a new refreshing read for me. When I started it, I wasn't very interesting in anything I was reading. So this took me awhile to read (like more than a week, when three or four days in my average). Normally I think I would have read this super quick, it was that good.

Their coming was foretold for many years. Children born on the seventh day of the seventieth-seventh Harvest after the Great War. Carrying the Ailith Strain and a birthmark in the shape of a crescent moon, they were r
Aerykah
This isn't my usual kind of reading. I mean, I almost never read YA... or futuristic... or fantasy... or dystopian... And this book is all of the above! But I needed something to listen to at work & this was about the only one available that I hadn't already read so this is the one I got! And... the story itself isn't bad. Not *fantastic*... but it is kinda interesting.

This book gets pretty dark and violent at times, but I totally expected that and it really didn't bother me at all. The descript
Kristen
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, dysotopian
This has been on my TBR list for a while, now that the series is done, and it's been done for awhile I know I wanted to read them. It is engaging from the first page. I enjoyed all the characters and the ending (while knowing I had the second one in hand) ended well and had me looking forward to diving right into the next.

Moral Note: Some mild talk of ownership of women, and lusty leers, nothing graphic, no language, mild violence/torture.
Kristen Kooistra
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
About a year ago I started reading this book, but life got a bit crazy and I didn't get more than 1 or 2 chapters into it. So when I picked it up again, it was a bit of an odd start because the beginning was familiar, but it'd been long enough where I'd lost the connection to it.

Remnant was hard for me to get into, but I blame part of that on how haphazard this go round of reading it was. I read most of it in busy places where I was interrupted frequently and had a lot of general noise going on.
K.C. Hilton
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: young adults, romance, teens, adults, dystopian, christian, adventure, action
I've just finished reading this amazing book. I'm a HUGE fan of the River of Time series! And to be honest, I wasn't sure anyone, let alone Bergren herself, could do better. Admittedly, I was wrong.

Season of Wonder is a book filled with nonstop, pulsating action, enough to take your breath away and I don't say that lightly. I must warn you, this book has some hot guys who are just plain awesome and duhh-reamy. I even adored the 'bad' guys and their swooning tactics...reminded me of Lord Greco in
Zoë
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books, teens
Halee
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Such a great book! I'll be writing a full review later on today!
April
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
While I have thoroughly enjoyed many of Bergren's novels, for some reason I was hesitant to start this one, but yet eager too. I know that makes no sense! However, I am so glad I did start this novel, which I also thoroughly enjoyed! Remnants is another foray for Bergren into the YA genre. It is however, a different type of novel than her previous River of Time series. Remnants could best be classified as a futuristic, post-apocalyptic novel also tapping into some fantasy elements, and it is Chr ...more
Danielle
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book! I mean, mind-blowing! The characters were great, each had likeable traits and faults, and they had unique personalities, but I do wish we could know more about Tressa and Killian. I picture him as Tuffnut in How To Train Your Dragon 2, with the dreadlocks. Weird, I know right? But, hey, if the shoe fits...

It's a dystopian book with some fantasy aspects. All of the main and supporting characters are or appear to be between sixteen and twenty. I mean, the emperor of the w
Ashlee
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved, Loved, LOVED her Waterfallseries, so I'm always nervous about any subsequent series from authors whose first series (in this case, I think Waterfall was her first YA series) I Capital L Loved. I always feel like the next set will be the red-headed step-child that you're alright about but you don't really like him all the same (poor gingers).

But I digress. This was not that poor ginger foundling and I actually really enjoyed reading this. Plenty of action, some nice little lovey bits, a
K.C. Hilton
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Gillian Bronte Adams
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Overall, it's a tremendous YA fantasy/dystopian novel with fascinating characters, plenty of action and adventure, and an intriguing storyline. Highly recommend picking it up and giving it a chance. I just finished reading it, and I already wish the next book was available! :)

Lisa Tawn Bergren builds a tremendous cast of characters to carry the story. Each is unique and intriguing, something difficult to achieve when there are so many.

Andriana makes a fascinating main character. She is strong an
C.J. Darlington
3.5 stars. Bravo to Ms. Bergren for writing this speculative tale with lots of great spiritual overtones. I always appreciate that in a book. While this one's labeled a dystopian, it's a mild dystopian with more of a fantasy feel in some ways. I enjoyed the concept of brave young warriors and chosen venturing out to fulfill their destinies. At times I did feel a little confused as I never fully understood exactly what or why these young adults were different. I would've liked to be told that a l ...more
Cara Putman
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My 13 year old is a HUGE Lisa Bergren fan. This book did not disappoint.

She loved how Lisa kept to her medieval fan base with a dystopian book. Her twist on this book is that in the future, things have regressed to the past. Technology has devolved. And life has changed.

From page one you bound into Andriana's story -- one that removes her from any semblance of a normal life. Andriana and her kin are off to save what's left of the world from a tyrant while saving his brother. On the way they mu
Lovingkiwi
PROPER REVIEW TO COME

Maybe I'm being too hard on this book. I just had so high hopes. I love the River of Time series and I love Lisa T. Bergren, but this book didn't quite meet my expectations. I love some of the characters (like Raneiro, Vidar and even Keallach), yet our main character, Andriana, and her romantic interest, Ronan, fell flat for me. I don't know why, I just didn't connect with them.
Haley S
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I know, you are wondering why I reviewed Seasons of Fire before I reviewed the first book. Well, I couldn't get on that much when I read the first book and I forgot all about it! But now, I am cleaning out my to-read shelf and marking the ones I have read as read!
This book was a little hard to get into but very exciting and intense. Really enjoyed it!
Sierra Faith
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book!!! Loved it!! The beginning was a little confusing because I didn't quite understand what was going on but it cleared up quick. Very unique story and I can't wait to read the next one!
Would recommend to anyone :)
Your Friendly Neighborhood INFP
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

(Trigger warning: I’ve probably misspelled a bunch of names in this review, so look out!)

Things I Liked

~The powers. This aspect gave me Into the Flames (by Kim Vandel, excellent book, btw) vibes with certain things: the markings, the “Christian superheroes”, etc. Also, empathy has always been one of my favorite powers to read about in fiction, and it has so much potential. The only other book I can think of does this is the Song of Seare series by C.E. Laureano. Also, the
Sherry
***I received a copy of this book for free from the author in return for my honest review***

I liked it but I personally would not shelve it as dystopian, it felt more futuristic and post-apocalyptic to me with a little Fantasy thrown in. I would put it more into the category with The Girl of Fire and Thorns. This is not a bad thing. I really liked The Girl of Fire and Thorns, Shadow and Bone, Blood Red Road, all books I would probably shelve this one by.

This book definitely has a hero quest stor
Lilian
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gifted teens known as Remnants have been chosen and trained to act as humanity's last hope to rectify the horrors that are now part of everyday life in 2095. The Community has trained these teens as warriors and assigned them Knights of the Last Order as protectors; together they are a force that will be difficult to bring down. The Sons of Sheol, of course, are hell bent on doing just that.

I am a huge fan of Lisa and her writing, so of course I have to read all her books that I can get my hands
Laura A. Grace
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I so loved, loved, LOVED "Remnants: Season of Wonder"! It truly is one of the best YA books I have ever read!

The reason this book is so amazing is because of the powerful symbolism that was woven into all the characters and events! I know that the book is suppose to be more of a dystopian kind of a novel (and it really is), but I felt it to be more allegorical in a sense! I truly believe that many of the things written showed how Christians are suppose to be with their relationship with God and
Michelle M.
I'll start out by saying this was one of the more interesting books that I have read. I originally picked it up because I read two other series' by the author, Lisa T. Bergren, and thought that I might as well read another one, because she is a great writer. However, from the start, I wasn't impressed. The whole book was very confusing, and it felt as though everything was out of place. But as the story went on, it did get a tiny bit better, and things got more cleared up. I still would not reco ...more
Melanie
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1Y3JTBO...
Review on my blog (to be posted 4/17): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

Remnants: Season of Wonder was a very good read. I've read several of Bergren's novels (including her YA River of Time series and adult Grand Tour trilogy - both of which I loved), so I was excited to dive into this story!

I loved the new set of characters. While I liked all of the Remnants/Knights, my favorite was Vidar. I loved how, even when things were real
Sabrina
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The characters and storyline are very unique.

In a futuristic and post-apocalyptic world there is a special group of teens who are born on the same day called Remnants who with their Knights are supposed to try and fix the damage that has been done to the world by bombs and a cancer that has killed many people. Along the way they are meeting more Remnants and Knights to assemble the team but they suffer hardships and are also being hunted by the Sons of Sheol.

The sto
Staci
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In this new dystopian series by Lisa T. Bergen, one finds adventure, self worth, and that love does not play by the rules. Just because a romance is forbidden it does not mean it is not felt. This story introduces us to a world where people are called to a purpose. They do not decide how their lives will unfold. They must answer the call, whatever it may be, whenever it comes. It is, after all, the only thing they've been trained for their entire lives. While doing what they were called for, And ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Anomaly (Anomaly, #1)
  • Tyra (Ilyon Chronicles, #0.6)
  • Destined for Doon (Doon, #2)
  • Shades of Doon (Doon, #3)
  • Forever Doon (Doon, #4)
  • Doon (Doon, #1)
  • The Last Thing I Remember (The Homelanders, #1)
  • Luminary (Anomaly, #2)
  • Revolutionary (Anomaly, #3)
  • Sneak (Swipe, #2)
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #3)
  • Guardian (Halflings, #2)
  • Avenger (Halflings, #3)
  • Storm (Swipe #3)
  • The Choosing (Seer, #1)
  • Siren's Fury (Storm Siren, #2)
  • Resistance (Ilyon Chronicles, #1)
  • Bitter Winter (Ilyon Chronicles, #5)
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 50 books, with more than 3 million copies sold. She is in the middle of writing The Sugar Baron's Daughters Series (KETURAH, VERITY and SELAH), and recently finished a teen series called Remnants (SEASON OF WONDER, SEASON OF FIRE, and SEASON OF GLORY). She's also written the River of Time Series (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT,

The Remnants (3 books)
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
  • Season of Glory (The Remnants #3)

News & Interviews

“There is no place for fear, Ailith,” Niero said, easily reading it in our faces. “Guard against it. The presence of fear denies the power of the Maker and invites the enemy to use it for his own purposes. And where the Maker sends us, we are to go in complete trust. We have been called.” He put out his hand, using the leading phrase our trainer had always used. We all placed our hands atop his. “And we shall answer,” we said as one.” 7 likes
“PRONUNCIATION GUIDE:

Ailith: A-lith ("noble war"; "ascending, rising")
Andriana: An-dree-ana, or Dree, for "Dri" ("warrior")
Asher: Ash-er ("happy one")
Azarel: Ah-zah-rell ("helper")
Bellona: Bell-oh-na ("warlike")
Chaza'el: Chazah-ell ("one who sees")
Kapriel: Kah-pree-ell (variant of "warrior")
Keallach: Key-lock ("battle")
Killian: Kill-ee-un ("little warrior"--though he's not so little in my novel!)
Raniero: Rah-near-oh ("wise warrior")
Ronan: Row-nun ("little seal"; I know. Not as cool, right? But he was named Duncan at first draft and I had to change it due to publisher request, and "Ronan" sounded like a medieval, cool warrior name to me. I overlooked the real translation in favor of the man he became in my story. And that guy, to my mind, is more like a warrior, with the spray of the sea upon his face as he takes on the storm--which is like a seal!)
Tressa: Tre-sah ("late summer")
Vidar: Vee-dar ("forest warrior")”
4 likes