Start by marking “ന്റുപ്പുപ്പാക്കൊരാനേണ്ടാർന്ന്! | Ntuppuppaakkoraanendaarnnu!” as Want to Read:
ന്റുപ്പുപ്പാക്കൊരാനേണ്ടാർന്ന്! | Ntuppuppaakkoraanendaarnnu!

ന്റുപ്പുപ്പാക്കൊരാനേണ്ടാർന്ന്! | Ntuppuppaakkoraanendaarnnu!

Published by DC Books (first published 1951)

Start your review of ന്റുപ്പുപ്പാക്കൊരാനേണ്ടാർന്ന്! | Ntuppuppaakkoraanendaarnnu!
Divyasree P K
Jan 06, 2021 rated it liked it
Reading textbook Malayalam is one thing. Understanding the Mappila dialect is another. In spite of being exposed to both, reading a novel written in one of the colloquial dialects of North Malabar was challenging to say the very least.

That said, the prescience of the author is worth mentioning given the book was published in the 1950s. Following ideas shine through the satirical prose narrated from Kunjipathumma's perspective. One, tendency of orthodox families to hold on to the hubris and prid
Paul Sebastian
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book, Ntuppaappakkoraanaendaarnnu is a classic example of how a book can inspire social change. The veteran Malayalam writer Vaikkam Muhammad Basheer taken on the conservative believes satirically and silly them using fun. With simple and innocent incidents, the author portray how these conservative believes hold their life in insecurity. A call for change is what Ntuppappakkoraanaendaarnnu...A must read....
Mahesh Prasad
Feb 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Basheer's masterpiece
You just can't copy that language.
Silent sarcasm
Pandit Trouble  Jr.
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Basheer... 💕💕
Hrishi Kesav
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: malayalam
An innocent short novel about a girl who has been forced to form her views about the world, that she is living in, through the opinions of those around her.
Shamil
Dec 28, 2019 marked it as good-novels
This is a exciting book. I would recommend it to my class.
Shafnaz Shafi
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where is the story. I mean I cant see anything
Moushine Zahr
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first novel I've read from author Vaikom Muhammad Basheer, but definitely not the last one. Despite that this novel is short, concise, and easy to read, it is filled with meaningful themes and morales to learn about.
The book is about a young woman, from a wealthy Muslim family whose mother refuses the numerous mariage proposal until the family loses their entire fortune and influence and is unable to marry their only daughters. They moved outside of the city in a poor area where the
Manu Zafar Abdulla
Written in Basheer's typical style, the story flows through the adventures of Kunjupathumma - a teenager whose freedom and thoughts are restricted by her orthodox family (guided by conceptions or misconceptions of their religion). Despite clipping her wings and being fed by sectarian thoughts, Kunjupathumma turns out to be an abode of compassion and love. Her mother, Kunjithachumma lives only in the past (and never ever in the present) boasting about her ancestral riches (an elephant that Kunjit ...more
Abin Latheef
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1
Basheer portrays the life of a girl belonging to an orthodox malabari Muslim family. He questions the extreme religious beliefs and announces to think rather than believing blindly.

He does pack it with his unusual sense of satire.

And no words for the line...

"ന്റുപ്പുപ്പാക്കൊരാനേണ്ടാർന്ന്! ബല്ല്യ ഒര് കൊമ്പനാന."
Vishnu Madhu
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Padma Shri Vaikom Muhammad Basheer wrote in the colloquial language, he didn't use textbook Malayalam. This was a bit difficult for me to read in the beginning, but I soon got used to it. This style of language gave an authentic lustre to the story. The story is filled with Islamic anecdotes and revolves around a teenage girl. I liked the language. ...more
Joseph Solomon
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
The language was bit difficult to follow. But once you get the flow its a pleasure to read through. Its a sarcastic take on various social issues prevalent in the Muslim community. Short novel, finished it in one day.
JOSMI JAMES
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A simple book about some innocent lives in a simple language with a tint of humour...........
Rahul E R
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A classic story, outhors impeccable work has found its place in the hearts of redears.
Avalonia Night
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Personally,one of my most cherished childhood memory.
Anupama C K(b0rn_2_read)
A satirical comedy on the life of Traditional Muslims
Sahal
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good
Nirmal
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Ntuppuppaakkoraanaendaarnnu is story of kunjupathumma. Basheer narrates her story from childhood to 22 year old. It also shows some superstitious of society. A happy ending simple love story.
Renjith R Nair
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Even the name of this book is weird. Only Basheer can have the courage to put a name like this for his book. Another entirely different plot and story.
Harishankar G
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
A book inspiring social change. That asks us to let go of unnecessary and foolish traditions, and to embrace change that can lead us to a better future.
Fayiz Mukkam
Mar 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
nice
Rahul R
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good one.. A little tough with some of the words that are typical to മലബാര്‍ I believe
Ajish
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
An amusing story from the viewpoint of a girl who was given tons of superstitions in place of basic education right from her childhood till her marriage.
Pranav Prasad
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very great story with a lot of simple meaning and fun
Sayooj
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nice read.. read in flow.. I like basheer and his writing style.. easy to understand for any common man.
Cleno Sebastian T S
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
RAJAN SHYNE
Dec 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
nice novel
Adhila
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
it is one of the famous work of vaikkom muhammed basheer. Its an anecdote which comprises humour as well as love.
Ravi Teja
Successful at showing the bygone times and the thought process then. Contrasting open minded people with that of narrow minded ones within the same religion.

But the English translation was horrible. Was full of errors.
Louise
Dec 08, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I generally don't even pick up books that are short stories but I thought since this one takes place in India, I might like it. Wrong. At least it was short. I give it a 2 on my scale of 10. ...more
rends help me pls ....to read this bokk through online.... 6 94 Oct 28, 2014 12:08AM

• മയ്യഴിപ്പുഴയുടെ തീരങ്ങളിൽ | Mayyazhippuzhayude Theerangalil
  • മഞ്ഞ് | Manju
  • യക്ഷി | Yakshi
  • ഒരു കുടയും കുഞ്ഞുപെങ്ങളും | Oru Kudayum Kunju Pengalum
  • അഗ്നിസാക്ഷി | Agnisakshi
Vaikom Muhammad Basheer is regarded as one of the prominent literary figures ever existed in india. He was a legend in Kerala.

He was one of those outspoken figures who revolutionized Malayalam Literature, and Thus the World Literature itself with his dauntless sarcasm, satire, and black humor.

Often referred to as the Beypore Sultan (the king of Beypore) by the colleagues, he was one of the promine