Start by marking “See Right Through (Savannah, #1)” as Want to Read:
See Right Through (Savannah, #1)

Read Book

See Right Through

(Savannah #1)

Devin Salvo has always remained three steps ahead: in chess, on the pitch, and in his love life. His every desire is within arm's reach, except the one person Devin has always wished would be his in the end. All it takes is one conversation to open his eyes to a new possibility, one moment to change what Devin believes about friendship and love and one person to change the ...more
Published July 4th 2012 by Sara Winters

To ask other readers questions about See Right Through, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See Right Through

Start your review of See Right Through (Savannah, #1)
Nancy
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Posted at Shelf Inflicted

Michael, Sam and Devin are roommates and best friends. Dev wants Michael, but Michael is straight. Michael feels strongly that Dev and Sam would be good together, but Dev vehemently disagrees. Sam quietly likes Devin even though Dev treats him like shit. Dev doesn’t care for their attractive neighbor and rugby teammate, Lee, because even though he doesn’t want Sam and can’t have Michael, he doesn’t want Lee to either.

Oh, the drama!

I knew that Sam would get his man in th
Exina
Michael is straight and he has two gay best friends. And of course both Dev and Sammy are crushing on him.

Michael thinks that Dev and Sammy are perfect for each other, so he decides to help them to see it, too.
Truth is a funny thing. I requires perspective.

The problem is with this story that it is soooo boring. Endless conversations heading nowhere, resulting in no development.

I love friends-to-lovers stories, but this one was so slow, I lost interest.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**3.5 stars**

This novella gets an extra 1/2 a star for being free (yay!). Overall I enjoyed this one by I think Dev went from "I only see you as a friend" to "I love you" way too quickly for my taste. His obsession with Mike also was brushed aside rather easily, and the whole relationship between the three guys seemed a bit implausible. And what straight guy hangs out exclusively with gay men? The story rang a bit false to me but it was still surprisingly cute and pretty well written.
Hannah
The character interactions in this story did not ring true to me. I've never met any young men in real life who spent so much time talking about their feelings.
LutaWolf
Look Seriously some of you leaving shitty ratings and reviews need to take a chill pill and re-evaluate. For Starters if your going to give a low rating on a FREE BOOK that was a GIFT then you better be able to back it up, whining like a two yr old that the story just wasn't believable isn't going to cut it either. Again you come off as immature and many of us even wonder if your old enough to be reading this kind of story if ya get what I mean. The fact of the matter is you are not going to get ...more
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Wow dev seems like a real jerk. And can't say I'm a fan of the way he's bragging about how he likes to hook up with married men. Yeah home wrecking whore not an endearing character IMO. Especially when that's the first thing you learn about him. Besides he thinks of Sammy as garbage

Wow and then dev is all passive aggressive and power hungry. Abuses his power as coach to take his frustrations out on players. Especially Lee who is competition apparently.

That's great but why are we suppossed to l
Julesmarie
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: free, m-m, dritc-liaw
This one just wasn't at all believable to me. As Hannah said http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/..., I've never known ANYONE who talks about their feelings so much.

Not only that, but there was way too much back-and-forth here. I ended up losing interest in whether or not Sam and Devin ended up together by about the third "yes, I've been in love with him for years, but I'm scared, so I'm going to push him away... Wait! Kidding! Come back!"
Elizabetta
I didn't believe these characters at all. A lot of discussion about feelings between three guys. Just didn't ring true to me -- guys don't talk like this. And Sam sure was a glutton for punishment with the repeated rejection from Dev who never showed me why he was all that important to fight for in the first place. I appreciate the effort but this story was just ok for me.
jaxnsmom
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Alex is The Romance Fox
Book Description: Devin Salvo has always remained three steps ahead: in chess, on the pitch, and in his love life. His every desire is within arm's reach, except the one person Devin has always wished would be his in the end. All it takes is one conversation to open his eyes to a new possibility, one moment to change what Devin believes about friendship and love and one person to change the rules of the game.

Sam Marshall has been fighting his feelings for his friend and roommate for two years. W
Tami
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
A nice little love story - what I liked especially: The characters talked to each other. You know those stories, where the whole drama comes from "THE BIG MISUNDERSTANDING"? The one, that could have been solved in two minutes of honest talk? This one is missing here.

The interaction and communication seemd very natural and realistic to me.

And it was a free read from Amazon :-)
Ryoma Gartre
Kim Alan
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Salsera1974
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-read
This story is more of a promising first draft, as opposed to a well-crafted finished product. It needed an editor to sharpen the believability factor (it didn't make sense to see the rapidity with which Dev "discovered" his feelings for Sam, right after being talked out of his feelings for Mike), to make the characters more engaging (I had a hard time caring about any of them), to ensure that character behavior in one scene did not seemingly contradict the character's stated intentions from the ...more
Callinda Beale
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was ok

Found it hard to finish this book. It is difficult to connect with a main character you dislike, and that was certainly the case with Dev. While I did enjoy the first half of the book, I found Sam's character changed too quickly from very shy to being so forward, this didn't seem realistic. I would like to read more from this author in future as I did enjoy her style of writing.
Usagi Tsukino
At page 5 I was already bored. Didn't even bother to finish this. =/
Ricardo
Apr 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Leslie
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love triangle

Devin has wanted Mike dined he discovered he was gay as a young teenager, but Mike says he’s straight. Sam wants Dev. Will Dev ever let go of his unrequited fantasies i oh d Mike and realize someone else loves him? Will Sam ever realize that he’s acting to Dev just like Devin’s acting to Mike?
Janis Guerrero
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully Written!

Sometimes Love sneaks into our lives without any fanfare, without any warning. It takes root in your life, waiting to be noticed. We never realize we're falling in love until we've already fallen. I loved every moment in this book! Every. Single. Moment.
Nick
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
ok book

too wordy and storyline could be less draggy. characters are simple so repeated reminders about their preferences are not really needed.
Nadia
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Very quick read. Plus it was free
Jenny
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
Nice Story I could relate to.
Auzura
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this slow building love story, romantic to it's core
Lena Grey
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
“I see right through to you. I see your every move. I know you now; I reach your mind. You've shown somehow, what I could find on the inside. There you will see, we're alike you and me.”~ Engelina

When someone is afraid of something, they will often overcompensate by acting the reverse of what they feel. This is certainly what Devin Salvo does in 'See Right Through'. Life proved to Devin early that being himself made him lose people in his life who were important to him. Therefore, when he realiz
Sandra
Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume Eight.

2.25 stars Hmm... this wasn't bad per se... I just didn't really like anybody.

1) Their actions didn't fit to character. Dev even says at one point once Sam starts throwing himself at him that he's acting totally different, and that's how I felt. Sam had been too shy to even flirt for two years, and all of a sudden he decides to unabashedly throw himself at Dev? Didn't seem realistic. And then Dev actually wants to h
Thomaidha Papa
3 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Wow, this was a fun read and the characters involved very, very interesting.

We have Devin and Michael who have been friends since kids, and are now roommates living in the same house along with their third friend Sam. Michael is the first person Dev came out to and after his family threw him out when he came out to them, Michael’s family became his. But Michael is straight and while he knows what Dev feels for
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Nov 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: yaoi-m-m, short-story
Even though this story is a 'short story' in my opinion, it was more put together than some books that are more lengthy. It seemed there wasn't much 'filler' in the story. Everything had something to pertain to the storyline.

Devin is a player because the guy he wants he can't have. His best friend Mike, who is straight as a 2 by 4. Mike is quite aware of Devin's infatuation with him, but he doesn't let it hinder their friendship. Mike wants Devin to be happy. Devin is so deep in his own little
Corinne
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-mm
It's all about perspectives. This was a complicated story that centered around Devin, his hang ups, fears and evolving perspectives. I think it's going to take a mature reader to understand all the underlying complexities that are threaded throughout. Yes, people really do act and think this way. People really can get so caught up on the ideas they create in their heads that they make those ideas their reality, walking around completely blind to all the real signs right in front of their face.

De
Cyd
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this story. It was well written but I had a problem with some of the characters. Unlike most people, i liked Devin. So he had loose morals. His life, his choice. No one has the right to judge him. At least, he is honest about who he is and what he wants. On the other hand, Sam and Mike talk about him behind his back. That was really uncool even though they apologized.
They are trying to turn him into what THEY need him to be while saying its for Devin's wellbeing.
I don't expect Mike to su
Melyssa Winchester
I enjoyed this. The back and forth struggle for Dev resonated with me. It came across very real. Yes, he was a dick in the beginning, his attitude in serious need of an adjustment but after reading further into it, I started to see a reason for it and I became invested in seeing him redeem himself. His wake up call. I crushed quite a bit on Sam, especially closer to the end when everything is laid on the line and his heart is ripped wide open and on display. This was a quick read, but a very enj ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Waiting, Hoping, Wishing
  • Mr. Jaguar
  • Escaping in Oz (Accepting Love #1)
  • Somebody Nice!
  • For Him (For Him, #1)
  • Learning to Feel
  • Christmas Cupid: Holiday Hotties
  • Luscious Love
  • Almost But Not Quite
  • Entangled
  • For the Love of Scott (A Ten Rigs Texas Tale, #1)
  • The Dragon and the Wolf (Things in the Night, #1.5)
  • The Banished Prince (Their Dark King, #1)
  • Why Love Matters
  • Coming Home
  • The Dragon Hunter's Son
  • Dragon's Hoard
  • Watching Elijah Fall
I read. I write. I talk too much and don't blog nearly as much as I should. And my muse consists of several voices in my head with a moody ringleader. Don't be scared of the voices. They mean well (most of the time).

I write romance, erotic romance, fantasy, mainstream fiction and the rare spiritual fiction.

You can find me at my website, facebook (profile)/ page, and twitter.

_________

How I rate boo

Related Articles

“Are you bothered because he says he could see us together? Or is there something else?”

Sam's voice had grown quieter with that last question. Devin looked up from the board to see something he'd never thought he'd see from Sam. An expression that, on anyone else, would've been more than curious. It was open, vulnerable. A naked longing that disappeared as soon as Devin was sure he knew what it was, to be replaced by Sam pressing his lips together and looking down at the board again.

Wow. Okay. That made this conversation a hell of a lot more interesting. Maybe Sam had spent so much time analyzing Devin because he wanted to know if he had a chance. Devin wasn't sure how he felt about that.

“I'm not in love with the idea that you guys have talked about me,” Devin said. “It's strange.”

“I'm sorry our conversation made you feel that way,” Sam said. “I honestly wouldn't have said anything if you didn't want to know.”

“I know, I asked for it,” Devin responded. “About...us.” Dev looked up in time to see Sam's expression change before the mask slid back into place. “You don't think it's weird?”

Sam's lips trembled as he fought down a smile. “I think,” he began, reaching across the table, “life is full of possibilities.” He touched the back of Devin's hand with the tips of his fingers, gently stroking the skin. “If this isn't one you want to take advantage of, then you shouldn't feel pressured to do so.”

It wasn't Devin's imagination that the temperature in the room had risen. It was one thing when Sam was getting into his head on a purely academic level. It was another thing when Sam looked at him from beneath thick lashes as if he could unravel Devin from the inside out if given half the chance. And he so wanted that chance. Holy hell. The little nerd was trying to seduce him.”
3 likes
“He could never know how beautiful he was in these moments, and Devin couldn't bring himself to say anything. What would he say? “I've always noticed you, but never thought I deserved someone like you?”

That wasn't right. It was cheesy and over-the-top, and still somehow inadequate to describe the maelstrom of emotions he felt when he was around Sam. Mike made it seem simple, but it wasn't. This wasn't like hooking up with a hot guy he'd met on the dance floor, it was Sam. The sweet, cerebral, quiet man who'd been his friend for nearly two years and somehow managed to sneak out of the friend box into this no man's land where every word, every gesture was a promise Devin wasn't sure he could keep.”
2 likes