Start by marking “Choosing Charity” as Want to Read:
Choosing Charity

Choosing Charity

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Kit's finally married! But just when everything seems perfect, Kit learns that her birth mother---the one who left her in a dumpster twenty years ago---needs her help. Can Kit learn to forgive and let go of the pain in her past? Expertly written and full of heart, this captivating conclusion to the Finding Faith trilogy will delight fans of all ages.
Published July 10th 2012 by Cedar Fort, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Choosing Charity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choosing Charity

Kezia Miller
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful novel. It was neat that I could connect to the main character, Kit in a way. We're both adopted and I'm so grateful for the parents that have adopted me. I haven't read the first and second one of this series because I didn't know this was a series but I plan to get them the next time I come across them. This was such a beautiful book about having faith, hope, charity and asking and giving forgiveness. The ending was perfect. I loved this book!
Lexie
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Choosing Charity is the perfect conclusion to the Faith, Hope, and Charity series. It brings together all the loose ends of Kit's story and completes the development of her character. However, I think it can also stand on its own as a beautiful story of love, family, and of course, charity.

Which brings me to one of the things that I loved about this trilogy, and that is its overarching theme of "faith, hope, and charity". As Latter Day Saints, this phrase is used over and over as qualities that
Katherine
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
The ending to Kit and Adams story was completely unexpected. I was drawn into the characters and their personal struggles. There were twists to the story that brought happy changes and some unique situations. Well written story.
Penelope
Aug 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
3.5 stars.

What a fascinating book. Choosing Charity covers everything from a woman trying to forgive both her adoptive parents and her birth mother, to the miracles and tragedies one witnesses when one comes across the terminally ill (and no, it doesn't play out how you think it will). Rest assured, you'll be wanting even more by the time the book is through.

I liked the characters in this story, and was interested to see how things played out. One of the strongest points in the book is the relat
Sheila
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved the characters in this book. I haven't read the other books in this series, but I will be going back and reading them. Now, with that said, this book worked very well as a stand alone read. I loved the main character's fun and quirky personality. You come to figure out that her past experiences contribute a lot to how she reacts to things. Another thing I wanted you to know, this was yet again a book that was a quick read. I didn't want to go to sleep, and I stayed up late...ON a school ...more
Kathryn Cooper
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Note: This book would be considered Christian fiction, specifically LDS fiction (Latter-day Saints/ Mormons). It wasn't preachy. It mentioned prayer and asking God for help and guidance which for me is normal and every day.

This is the third book in the series, but it can be read as a stand alone. I didn't read the first two books, but now I'd like to go back and read those. I think it would have enhanced my reading of Choosing Charity because of the attachment I would have felt for all the char
Colleen
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final book in the Faith, Hope, and Charity series. You do not need to read the first two to enjoy this book, but they help you understand how Kit and her husband Adam met and gives you better input on those people in her life. The first two books are called 1. Finding Faith 2. Having Hope
I have to say that this was definitely my favorite in the series! Kit has really grown since the first book but still has many unexpected surprises still ahead of her that are brought forw
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was a pleasure to read. It has an emotional pull that keeps you invested and reading. There were so many personal and stressful things happening in Kit's life yet I think they were represented in a way I could relate to. They seemed real to me. Well, except I can't imagine how I would deal with meeting the woman who gave birth to me and left me in a dumpster to die. I'm pretty sure it would have taken me longer to get over the "meeting" event than it took Kit.

I think the best part of t
Heidi
This book provides a great ending to a series that I have enjoyed very much. I hate to say goodbye to Kit and her family. I've enjoyed getting to know them and empathizing with their struggles. In this book, Kit struggles with her adopted parents divorce, but in addition to that is the shock of her birth mother suddenly wanting to see her.

Once again, Ferran creates a believable and tender story of love and family and forgiveness. The struggles that Kit goes through in this book are truly heart-
Nellie
Oct 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Good, clean, interesting book. LDS. I liked it. I just found out, after reading it, there are 3 in this series. This one is the third. The editing was terrible in the ebook I have. great story of forgivness. From the book: Kit's finally married! But just when everything seems perfect, Kit learns that her birth mother---the one who left her in a dumpster twenty years ago---needs her help. Can Kit learn to forgive and let go of the pain in her past? Expertly written and full of heart, this captiva ...more
Catherine
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time deciding between 2 and 3 stars for this book because it was a good story, but there were some bothersome things about it. The main character, Kit, is such a whiner. She gets mad over the silliest things and just almost seems unstable sometimes. It made me wonder how her husband could deal with her half the time. So I think I just mostly got annoyed over Kit's constant complaining and that took away from the good things about the book.
Katie W
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
A nice little ending to the series, leaving everything all wrapped up with a nice little bow.. I haven't read the other two for awhile, but I didn't feel like I was lost. Kit is now married and her birth mom suddenly appears in her life, bringing a fun surprise into the picture. A lot of LDS content, but I didn't feel it was preachy.
Diane
Aug 08, 2012 rated it liked it
This was an easy, quick read. Witty dialogue. Typical LDS novel type-of-ending, but one of the main characters didn't seem real to me.
Ann
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice ending to this trilogy. Easy read and I was surprisingly moved by the story.
Victoria