Start by marking “The P-Town Queen” as Want to Read:
The P-Town Queen

The P-Town Queen

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Nikki Silva feels like she’s blown up her life even as her brothers tease her about blowing up a boat called the Mona Lisa. Divorced, funding for her shark research cut off, she’s moved back to Provincetown to live with her father in her childhood home. Nikki hopes to regain herself. She’s written a grant proposal for the newly formed Massachusetts Bay Commission to fund a ...more
Published June 4th 2012 by Champagne Books

To ask other readers questions about The P-Town Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The P-Town Queen

Janna Shay
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
P-Town Queen is a humorous and entertaining look at life and love from many angles. Ute Carbone delivers a light-hearted tale that will captivate you and have you laughing as you read of the many antics of her characters. Her writing style is unique, and she does an excellent job of using her secondary characters to enhance the storyline. Her great sense of humor and terrific imagination attest to her ability to write an entertaining book.

The protagonists are likeable and believable. Nikki, an
D.E.
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
The P-Town Queen is chick lit at its absolute best. Not only is the book witty (and at times even laugh out loud funny), there is an interesting story and great characters. I’m a sucker for any novel that provides a heroine over 30 that’s smart, funny and tough as nails. Nikki was all that and a bit accident prone to boot. She’s also a bit angry but who could blame her? I loved Nikki’s family as well. I’m secretly hoping Carbone gives each brother a story of their own. (Hint, hint, nudge, nudge! ...more
Susan Roebuck
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The author is a wonderful observer of life and manages to portray human quirks so that her characters are very real, yet completely different to each other. We meet Marcus who is the target of a mafia mob. In order to escape he hides himself away in Provincetown pretending to be gay. I was a little worried how this aspect of the story would be handled, but Ms Carbone pulls it off well, highlighting the difficulties the gay community suffer in society. This is her second book I've read and I enjo ...more
Lisa Lieberman
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-by-friends
This is one to have standing by when you're feeling blue. "Some Like it Hot" meets "Sleepless in Seattle" -- a bit naughtier than the latter, but not so much that you couldn't share it with your aunt Sally. Snappy dialogue and a satisfying finale. The P-Town Queen would make a great movie!
InD'tale Magazine
Ute Carbone has a great sense of humor as she brings Nikki and Parker together, attracted to each other yet believing that the other is totally unavailable.

Read full review in the 2012 November issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Nadine Feldman
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun Escape

I picked up this book when I needed something light and fun. With its smart dialogue and humor, this book filled the bill. We know where the story will end up, but the how -- the journey there -- is a wild ride.
Ute Carbone
Jun 04, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Provincetown, Massachusetts is like nowhere else I know. A tiny fist of land at the end of an arm jutting into the Atlantic Ocean, covered in sand, with dunes that resemble small mountains. In this tiny space co-exists a main street bustling with tourists, a haven for the arts, an enclave of fisherman of Portuguese heritage, and a very vibrant gay community.
It was the perfect place to set a story featuring a heroine who's a shark researcher and a hero who's trying out a self-witness-protection p
Jessica
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
The very first word that pops into my head when searching for ways to describe The P-Town Queen is quirky. Ute Carbone has a real knack for telling light-hearted romantic tales with just the right amout of humor thrown into the mix. The characters are all fairly likeable and realistic, but I felt that they lacked distinct personality traits. With the exception of Nick and maybe Jeremy, the rest of the characters sort of blended together. The novel did drag in a few places, but it was still a fun ...more
Rebecca
Feb 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5-ish. P-Town is one of my favorite places on the planet, so I would imagine that the nostalgia was a large part of why I liked it. I know these people and this place. They're described so well that I feel like I'm watching them from my porch. The actual story drags some and at some points is so muddled that I really didn't like anyone. It's hard to finish a story when you're annoyed with all of the characters. It picks back up, though, and was worth the commitment.
Diane Breton
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The P-Town Queen is a whale of a funny book, and I use the word "whale" deliberately. I don't like posting spoilers, so read the book to find out why whales can be funny. This makes for great summer reading with the Provincetown locale, but would also be great for warming up the winter months. The romance in it is heartwarming and just a bit steamy, but not so steamy that you can't recommend the book to your mother or maiden aunt. I think Ute Carbone has mastered the art of romantic comedy.
Champagne
Apr 27, 2013
Betty
Jun 20, 2012
N.N. Light
What do you get when you bring a sexy, don't-mess-with-me heroine and a hunky straight man pretending to be gay? A laugh a minute, that's what! I loved the premise of this romance and the dialogue had me laughing out loud on the subway. No really, commuters turned and stared. Highly recommend!

My Rating: 5 stars
Tricia Powers demmin
Mar 09, 2013
Happily Ever Afte...: RONE awards 6 16 Apr 25, 2013 05:50AM
Happily Ever Afte...: Happy Dancin' 13 18 Apr 19, 2013 07:10PM
Award winning author Ute Carbone pronounces her first name Oohtah, but doesn't spell it that way. She lives with her husband in Southern NH, where she spends her days drinking coffee, eating chocolate, walking in the woods, and dreaming up stories.

There's been a long list of things I've wanted to be. Some of them were fanciful- ballerina, trapeze artist, world class ski racer. Some more serious-d
More about Ute Carbone...

“In my lifetime I have learned, among other things, not to overcook
veal and never to forget a woman’s name the morning after. On that day I
added another little ditty to my list: never blow up a dead whale with
dynamite.”