Start by marking “Origin (Lux, #4)” as Want to Read:
Origin (Lux, #4)

Origin

(Lux #4)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  77,267 ratings  ·  7,113 reviews
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded b
Published August 27th 2013 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Origin, please sign up.
Marco Baiocco Good for you. What's the question?
Good for you. What's the question?
I didn't, the first two where definitely better. There is too much smoochies and useless "love language" for a good novel, this is starting to look too much like those crappy love novels for girl teenagers...(less)
Hailey .5 Shadows
1. Obsidian
2. Onyx
3. Opal
4. Origin
5. Opposition

There are also bind ups of the books if you want.
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,506 books — 12,284 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,578 books — 11,058 voters

More lists with this book...

·  77,267 ratings  ·  7,113 reviews

Kris-10
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

Initial Reaction: I just finished the book..... and I'm speechless..... that ending..... Daemon...... I can't....... I can't even...... asdfghjkl;

Okay, I'm going to attempt to 'review' this book and refrain from too much fangirling. First of all, I think it's obvious that I absolutely loved it! So much stuff happened and it was so action-packed! But there were also really beautiful, tender moments between Daemon & Katy. Which leads me to.... Daemo
Boyanna

Warning: this contains foul language and also tiny spoilers!!!

For those of you who don't know what this book is about: this book is about rubbing and also groping.

There were literally 3 chapter about them (ahem) enjoying each-other! 3 CHAPTERS noting happened except them lying in bed! and then there were 2 more of them walking through Vegas and thinking about FEELINGS.

There might have been some descent action scenes somewhere around the end, but I was so fed up of this book by then, i skip-re
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Aug 04, 2012 marked it as top-of-my-tbr
AUGUST?? HOLD.. WHEN DID THE RELEASE DATE GET PUSHED BACK A MONTH????

photo tumblr_inline_mlp743JVXa1qz4rgp_zps820ae703.gif

SERIOUSLY.

photo tumblr_inline_mju4wip1QG1qz4rgp_zps498f2d13.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Me after reading Opal:

FREAKING JULY..... REALLY????? Photobucket I'll take it.
That's better than waiting a whole year.

LORD HELP ME GET THROUGH...

Photobucket

Blake you are officially PUBLIC ENEMY #1. And since your a fictional character there is only one thing I can do about that...

Photobucket

Daemon, my sweet sweet Daemon,
I. NEED. YOU. TO. MAKE. SURE. Blake has an excruciati
Nick
5 FULLY FREAKING STARS!!!

I was so thrilled to read this one because we waited a lot for this one.And when I got it in my heads I couldn't leave it.It was such a cool book and the ending was mind blowing, that great.

Me while reading the book :

“As close as you’re riding me, man, I feel like I need to take you out to dinner or something. At least, I should get your name.” He punched in a floor number, smirking.
“People call me Archer.”

[image error]

“Oh shit. ET just phoned home.”

Mountain View

“Me and Katy look
xrysa
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Daemon and Katy

“There's only one thing I want."
"And that is?"
"I want to see Kat."
Nancy's smile didn't fade. "And what are you willing to do to accomplish that?"
"Anything," I said without hesitation, and I meant it. "I will do anything, but I want to see Kat first and I want to see her now.”

I waited so long to read this book and I have to admit that it was way better than I expected it to be.I can easily say that Jennifer is my favorite author.The worlds that she creates,the characters and the st
"That's All" Ash
 photo download1-15.jpg

photo 13644052.jpg

photo tumblr_lm70wxCu3N1qjsbewo1_500.gif

Jennifer Armentrout is…

a big fucking deal.

You know it.
I know it.

This woman has a manic talent with words! And plot twists. And dialogue. And skyscraper-sized cliff-hangers. And heart-splintering moments. And her characters… LAWD! Her characters…

***Daemon Black is everything that has ever been my favorite thing.***

And she does all of this is such an effortless way. It’s almost like she’s having a conversation with each and every one of her readers when she writes a book. Because she makes sure
Lucia
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Origin is a turning point in Lux series. This is not a childlish game anymore. Everything is more dangerous and more serious than ever before. Everyone had to pick sides and say goodbye to the content life they once had known. Full of action, Origin is the best part in series so far!

My Daemon:

My Katy:

I loved dual POV. In this book, Daemon is in his best confident-self. He is snarky. He is determined. He will do ANYTHING to get his Kitten back. I absolutely loved how badass Daemon was in this ins
Fafiliebe ♥ Warner ♥ Raffe ♥
"I will also confirm this: The last two books in the series that are currently untitled are in dual POVs (Daemon and Katy). There you go." - Jennifer L. Armentrout

AHHHHHH, YIPPIIIIIIiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!!!

i can't breath..

Wendy Higgins
OMGosh!!!!!!!
I am so in love with this series - this book in particular. I feel so many emotions for it right now. This story world just keeps getting better and better, and I keep loving Daemon and Katy more and more.
So amazingly awesome. Jen's writing is spectacular. So much yum.
Oh, and don't get me started on how cool it is to have a literary reference to my book in this novel!!!!! How freaking surreal is that??? EEEK!!!
I give this book off-the-charts stars. Can't wait to see what Jen has in
Kadbury
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
EDIT: The story finally progresses and there's something different happening. The last book seemed pointless but this does not. Can't wait for the end

" There are two more books after Opal and like I said on release day, those two books (yet untitled) will be in dual POVs-- Daemon and Katy. "
OFFICIALLY FROM JEN'S BLOG
LINK: http://jenniferarmentrout.blogspot.in...

DID I READ DUAL POV?

That means there are going to be scenes from Daemon's POV!

DAEMON'S POV

The Third book hasn't even come out yet bu
Katerina
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh fudgemonkeys,I feel like I just read a combination of X-Men,Star Wars and Richelle Mead's Bloodlines with a hint of dystopia (experiments on humans and all) and scorching romance!Yet Jennifer L. Armentrout created something unique and utterly hers.The woman is brilliant!Brilliant.

“I'd take out an army,burn down an entire city,and throw the world into chaos if I had to in order to keep Kat out of that place.”

And he did it.If you hurt Kat,you hurt Daemon,not because of their bond but due t
Claudia B.
Aug 15, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: accio

First things first.

1. We have a cover and a synopsis (don't know how I feel about the cover, though)

2. "... which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? And will they even be together?"

WHAT. THE. WHAT

I seriously hope that doesn't mean what I think I means, Mrs. Armentrout. I don't know if my heart can survive a cliffhanger just like Opal's.

END OF EDIT

UPDATE

You can't seriously expect me to live without even a synopsis after that cliffhanger.

Reaction when I saw this:

Just like that.
Emma Giordano
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“There’s only one thing I want.”
“And that is?”
“I want to see Kat.”
“And what are you willing to do to accomplish that?”
“Anything,” I said without hesitation, and I meant it. “I will do anything, but I want to see Kat first, and I want to see her now.”

OKAY, OKAY, OKAY! Picking it up this series again after so much time was an INCREDIBLE DECISION that I am so happy that I made. ♥

(me the entire time reading this book).

This book was everything I was hoping for and more. The action, the writing,
Christy
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 I wanna make some alien babies with Daemon stars!!!

photo c9b25714-14f7-4292-aa58-425968237fd0_zpscfcafef6.jpg

After the crazy cliffhanger in Opal, we’ve all been (not so) patiently waiting to find out what happens with Daemon and Katy... one of my favorite fictional couples! I’ve been anxious to see how this one would turn out... if it would stack up to the rest of the series. It did! Amazing!

Daemon Black is on a mission to save the woman he loves and nothing and no one can stop him. He will do ANYTHING he has to do to be with Kat.

photo 545040f0-f19a-45f5-a5d4-dce1c365ba7b_zpsb779185c.jpg
“There's only o
Catarina
5 completely amazing stars!!

Okay. Let me breathe for a minute.
Or two.
Or twenty.

Damn.

description

This was SO.DAMN.GOOD!!

And I my nerves almost killed me, and I don’t know how it will possibly go from here, and I’m really afraid of what will happen with the next book because of its title and (view spoiler) and yeah… I’m rambling. Sorry. (I’m really not that sorry!)

description

Okay, this picks
Inna
Reviewed By Inna @ Inna's Little Bookshelves
So I basically had an aneurysm while waiting for this book to come out. With the cliffhanger in the last book I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. ( And also on Blake so I can strangle him.) This book just had so many reveals I think I still haven't been able to take all of the in.
** thinks about it*** nope still haven't
I think at this point it should be obvious I absolutely loved this book. It was really fast paced and there were some reall
Maliha
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't think I can tolerate 50% of this book being a history lesson about the "Origin" of aliens. I need Daemon to find Katy, like, within the first ten pages. Then, I need him to kick Bart/Flake/Ben/Buford (Blake)'s ass for me. Katy so should've told him about Blake's dirty sleepover habits!! Please don't become half a psycho like Beth, Katy!!

Okay, we got everything we usually want by the third book:
-villain dead
-Katy+Daemon did..."something" we were dying for
-Dawson and Beth back together
-D
No no no no, this just cannot end like that.
So many deaths and I'm hurting for all of them -even the ones I never thought I'd feel-.Beth's pregnancy is a wreck train. I so can't forgive Matthew for doing that shit no matter what. Damn book! Jennifer, you can't do this to us!
Sandra
Rounding down to 3.5 stars because of the end.

This is me at the end of Origin...

tumblr lxd4gy8 LTK1r7swe6o1 400

That was such a stupid way to end the book.
For some of the readers it was a 'cliffhanger', but in my opinion it was (like i said) stupid and therefore i didn't like it.
So i was like...

whatever

315f2280 11be 41d7 85f1 b37bb5279a6a zps419c053e

And I’m not going to let you do this by yourself You’re my – everything, Kat

Origin starts off with a very pissed, sad, and heartbroken Daemon. Right were we left off in Opal (view spoiler)
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Daiane
I feel like in a really near future we will be out of characters...
Elena
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
❝Her stare burned me from the inside. I wanted to worship her. I needed to. Every inch.❞

I can finally and officially say that Katy and Daemon are one of my favorite couples! Even when Daemon was a douche and jerk to her in the beginning, he was actually like that for a reason and there were always reasons behind it. Even when he felt something for her and liked her in some way just didn't want to admit it or express it, it was sticking with him the whole time, he just had trouble showing it. J
Ramona
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Before I start my review I just want to say that this is my favorite book from the series. After the incredible and heartbreaking cliffhanger we got in Opal, I was dying to get my hands on this one, because I was sure a lot of things will change in this story. And guess what? I was right..

So, we continue our adventure from exactly the point where Opal shattered out hearts. Katy was abducted my the Daedalus and nobody could do anything to save her. She was on her own now. At least their plan work
Jeff
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
I’m done.
Finished.

This whole series was just...*screams*

See, the author starts off this whole series with a hot, drop-dead sexy dude, so obviously I was into it. ;)

BUT NOW?

To all you readers, don’t worry, Daemon didn’t lose his hotness.
BUT THE PLOT WAS A COMPLETE UTTER FAIL.

JLA’s amazing, mind me, but in this series, she just kept on adding more and more problems to the story, but never actually solved any of them.

IT’S THE FOURTH FREAKING BOOK.

There needs to be a few solutions happening about no
Angela
Sep 30, 2012 marked it as to-read
Not really feeling the cover...
Sophia Triad
I'll burn the world down to save her.

EPIC! Truly impressive.

From where can I start telling you about this book?

First of all if you compare the first book of the series Obsidian with Origin, you will notice that the story has evolved exponentially:

1.The high school children are not children any more. They are young adults now. They hold their future in their hands, they take painful decisions, they proceed in life-changing actions.

2. The action will move from the little town and the school to s
Jurate
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So , because I like express my felings through gifs , I will do exactly that!

The most memorable moments :

tumblr mewvdj IIM71rknrf9o1 500

7. And Beth with Dawson
(view spoiler)
8. Oh and finally Matthew

And there was so many great moments just that I would add and add gif after gif..
Christine Riccio
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
BEST IN THE SERIES SO FAR. Here's my booktalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37FNG...
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
And the O's continue!

Obsidian
Onyx
Opal
and now Origin!

I'm really surprised that it took me so long to notice this...

EDIT (AFTER READING OPAL):
*shakes fist angrily*
DARN YOU CLIFFHANGERS!!!!

EDITING AGAIN:
I don't like this cover...
1. it looks so different from the other covers.
2. It's one of those covers that make me embarrassed to buy the book...
OMG!! have you heard about next book? 1 9 Sep 06, 2018 09:09PM
Nothing But Readi...: Armentrout, Jennifer L, Origin (Lux #4, Informal Buddy Read, Starts 15 July 2018 44 157 Jul 31, 2018 02:39PM
Favorite character? 33 165 Mar 02, 2018 04:02PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Restarting October 11th 2017 150 252 Oct 18, 2017 09:27PM
#JLAJuly: Origin (#4) 1 4 Jul 02, 2016 10:46AM
Did anybody else feel like this?*SPOILERS* 16 326 Nov 28, 2015 06:33PM
Dewey's 24 hr readathon 1 7 Oct 18, 2015 07:12AM
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Touching Fire (Touch, #2)
  • Independence (Significance, #4)
  • Hover (The Taking, #2)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits, #4)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

Lux (5 books)
  • Obsidian (Lux, #1)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Opposition (Lux, #5)
“Did you think you could stop me? I'll burn the world down to save her.” 683 likes
“I want a years-worth of seconds and minutes with you. I want a decade's worth of hours, so many that I can't add them up.” 559 likes