Start by marking “Lucius' Bite (Family of Misfits, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lucius' Bite (Family of Misfits, #1)

Lucius' Bite

(Family of Misfits #1)

One bite has never been a life changing decision but it is now — to bite or not to bite that is the question.

All Lucius needs is his family. They might be a mismatched and unconventional group but they’re the only “real” family he knows and wants. What Lucius doesn’t need is the strange, beautiful man who arrives as a last minute dinner guest and knocks him and his wolf on
Published June 22nd 2012 by MLR Press (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lucius' Bite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucius' Bite

Start your review of Lucius' Bite (Family of Misfits, #1)
MLE
May 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, mm, lendle
Dull story with entirely too much maudlin, drama. I wasn't invested in anyone, and half way it I decided it was time to move on.

description
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

3.75 stars (rounded up)

Lucius' Bite is the start of a new fantasy/paranormal series with a unique twist on the mating theme. Lucius is an Arctic Wolf shifter whose den family consists of misfits they've gathered along their way alone in the world, away for different reasons from their real families. There is Lucius, Manny (an emotionally damaged Mountain Lion shifter), and Kristof (a bright and sunny Bear? shifter). Rounding out the bunch is the den mother
Nephylim Nephylim
Jun 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have to be honest, I actually had no idea what to expect when I bought the book. I got this book from an excerpt where a werewolf was changed into a chicken by a witch and almost eaten by a werecat. Now what was I supposed to make of that. I bought the book initially because it appealed to my sense of fun and it was really well written.

There are, of course, plenty of well written books out there and a lot of them are awfully dry. There are also a lot of m/m books out there and a lot of them
Monika
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: g-shifters

2.75 Stars

Review posted on World of Diversity Fictions

This was an okay read for me but I was really hoping for more.

There just wasn’t enough to the story. No drama or any mystery just a story about Lucius, a shifter who doesn't want a mate ever and Nicu his spirit mate that won't survive if Lucius doesn't make him his, then there's a few quirky family members that you don't really get to know. While I loved Lucius and Nicu and I thought their chemistry was great, the story quickly got
Tere
May 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
It was ok but it didn't blow my mind. I was a little annoyed that the family trusted Nicu right away and were even mean to Lucius at times, which was supposed to be part of this family.

The secondary characters feel almost unnecessary, Manny and Kris especially, their appearances are short and not really relevant to the plot. Ali was the most important supporting character and I didn't like him, I felt he was annoying and bordering bully with his powers, especially the mind reading one, it left
Trisha Harrington
Loved it! Proper review to come.
Elisa Rolle
I have to admit that I prefer my paranormal romances to be on the light side, and I was very pleased to discover this new author and her young and cute characters. Lucius is part of a family of misfits, i.e. Ali, alias “Mama Bear”, a white witch who manages an households of shifter rejects, Lucius, an artic wolf, Manny, a mountain lion, and Kristof, a bear. Lucius doesn’t care much for humans and so he is pretty upset when Ali announces he has invited three of them for the Yule dinner, and one ...more
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Notes:

Taking way too long to bring mate into the picture.

His "hiney"? Is he in his 90s?

Interesting premise, well written and sloooow. Nothing's happening and only halfway through are we getting a new location which is simply outside in the woods.

Birthmarks are not tattoos.

Oblivious to blankets. They conveniently disappear when they are trying to hold each other.

Excellent melodramatic peril.

Would be a higher rating if things weren't drawn out quite as much throughout the whole book, even
Meggie
Jul 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: shape-shifters, magic
The main storyline was okay, but a bit to melodramatic for my own taste. Everything circled around one simple fact, to accept your won spirit mate and claim him or lose him forever. Or simply kill him and draw your own fate without a spirit mate who would complete you like no one else. I have to admit, I felt annoyance while reading this story. It wasn't a good emotion.
Christy
I was lucky, really lucky, to be born into a pretty great family. Granted, we've had our moments and our disagreements, but in the end I've always known they would be there for me, no matter what. I know a lot of people don't get that type of family through birth. But, some of them make their own family with friends and loved ones. And, I'm here to tell you right now, I would pick Lucius and his misfit family any day of the week and twice in Sunday. They're a funny, loving, crazy bunch and being ...more
Kristy Maitz
Jul 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Was good reading material but to dramatical for my own liking. Its about a guy Lucius who had very bad experience when he was young. His dad was killed and he couldn't forget about it. Now in present he is someone who has sex with strangers and don't believe in love or even in having a mate as a wolf. His life get turned upside down when he meets Nicky. The problems is that Nicky is his spiritual mate.

Plot is not very hard. As a reader you get along with Nicky who is to good hearted and can't
Will Parkinson
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love shifters and this world was a ton of fun. The big, burly bear shifter, the mountain lion shifter who had suffered so much, but still had such hope in his heart, and Lucius, irascible, grumpy, snappy and snarly, and of course, Ali, the witch who binds the family together.

Throw in Nicu and the sweet and salty Bunica and you've got the mixings for a great story.
Damian Serbu
Jan 23, 2013 rated it liked it
This is an entertaining read. Nothing over the top exciting, but pretty original with good characters. It could have used a little more excitement, less repetition, but still a fun summer read!
UnusualChild{beppy}

Synopsis: Lucius is an arctic wolf shifter. When he was a teenager, he was kicked out by his pack, and the family that he found after that is his real family. Lucius doesn't want anyone who isn't shifter or a witch joining his pack, but his best friend has invited some humans to enjoy the holidays with them. When Lucius meets Nicu for the first time, he faints and starts turning wolf, which has never happened before.
Nicu has travelled a long way to find his true mate. He doesn't want
Bradley Mathis-Krone
Great and Amazing First Book

I have just fallen in Love with K-Lee Klein and The Misfits. The story line will engage you from the few lines and will keep the pages flipping until the very last page. What a wonderful first part of a series.
Gabbi
In the past few years, I’ve read a lot of paranormal books. Many of them are about shifters, and although most of them are a lot alike, I still enjoy them because most of them are interesting and…well…hot. Every once in a while, I feel privileged to read a paranormal/shifter book that puts a different spin on the whole well used storyline. In my opinion, Lucius Bite is everything that I love about reading romance and more.

One of the main reasons why I loved this book is: the feel of love and
Diane
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The synopsis of a book, or an excerpt, gives a brief glimpse into a story and it's characters, which can decide if a book will be interesting to you without giving anything away.

And really good books, give you so much more than that, Lucius' Bite is one of those books in my opinion! The excerpt I read suggested some humour, judgement or bigotry on the part of the main character and a group of people who had come together by chance. So many more surprises though!

I was not sure about Lucius at
Heather♥
Jul 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Lucius, Ali, Manny and Kristof made such a unique little family. I liked each and every one of them and already have a soft spot for Manny, who deserves an extra special mate. I thought Lucius and Nicu made a great couple and their different personalities helped to balance each other, but all the rules regarding the spirit mate aspect of their relationship became a little tiresome and redundant. Will Lucius bite Nicu or won't he? Lucius had to make a life-changing decision in a relatively short ...more
Becky Condit
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Please leave comments on Lucky's 4 1/2 sweet pea review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

That bastard! He couldn’t. He wouldn’t. He fucking did! Lucius was a goddamn chicken – a goddamn chicken with goddamn chicken feathers and goddamn chicken legs.

K-Lee Klein has had me hooked on her books since Lazy Valentines. If you haven’t read that one yet, please do!

This book is way different than that one. Shapeshifters. Witches. Mates. Love. She blends them beautifully, especially when Nicu,
Love Bytes Reviews
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 star review by Marieke

This book was meant to be a comedy, I think. And yes it was funny from time to time, but mostly it was a great story. The combination of shifters, witches and other paranormal creatures was very nice.

The first four main characters were very entertaining and I instantly loved Ali, Manny and Kristof. Lucius however wasn’t my favorite though. In the beginning he was prejudice and grumpy, but I guess that was pretty funny with the way Ali corrected him. (Believe me you’ll
Rainbow Gold Reviews
Review by Tanja

3.5*

Lucius lives in a mismatched family with “Mama Bear” Ali, a white witch and two shifters Kristof and Manny. In his world thats all he needs and definitely not a spirit mate. So when Nicu comes knocking on their door Lucius is not pleased at all to find his mate. To top that Nicu is human, a Romanian gypsy but nonetheless just human. Thats not something Lucius can tolerate well, in short he doesnt want to know his mate.

I liked the angle this author took on the mate aspect. A
Grammy 1

Author: K-Lee Klein
Publisher: MLR Press LLC
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rated: Mature M/M

When reading a book with the genre paranormal romance I keep thinking what could an author do now to make it ‘different’? How is the book going to WOW me? Enter Ms. K-Lee Klein with her very first entry for this series, book one of her Family of Misfits.

First let me say the supporting cast members are the best. The house hold is comprised of Ali the
Bethany
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelby
So this story is kinda one big long moment. It fails a little bit for me because of that. It's a case of insta-love that everything takes place over the course of about 2-3 days. Sure the connection between Lucius and Nicu is strong and apparent in the writing, but I would have liked more of a story going on while they figured out what they were to each other.

Now that being said this was a different take on the mate bond thing and the whole spirit bonded spin was nice actually. I liked the
Tracy
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I downloaded Lucius' Bite simply because I have enjoyed other books by this author and knew she had the third in the series coming out soon. I had read the product description and although I am not a huge fan of books that include witches, wolves, bears and lions that shift, I thought I would give it a go.
I ended up reading this book in One sitting, this story grabbed hold of me and took me on the most incredible journey! The character are all misfits, they have all been disowned by their
Lioness7
This was an interesting take on destined mates. I think I like the concept of spirit mates. I'm not going to say what that means because that is a major part of the story. I just like that things didn't fall together super easy and there were hiccups along the way. It made for an enjoyable read.

Sadly though, I think my favorite character in the whole book was not a main character. Sure, I like the main ones, but Ali was my favorite out of them all. He was funny and just had a way about him. He
P. L. Ripley
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
First off, this is in no way a bad review, even though I did not like the book. I am not a fantasy lover. Or more specifically, I do not like stories that unmonster monsters. Vampires, werewolves, witches, I prefer them as the villains, not the heroes.

In Lucius' Bite, we meet roommates, Lucius--who is a werewolf, Ali--a witch, and Manny--a werelion. Lucius hates humans until an extra dinner guest peaks his interest.

The book was well written and if you enjoy M/M romance mixed in with your
Erin
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-paranormal
I liked the family introduced in this one and am looking forward to seeing the other housemates find love.

My only complaint was the amount of repetition in characters' thoughts; I feel like it would've have been better if it had been edited more heavily to cut the length. We repeated hear how mesmerized Lucius is and him rejecting the urge to bite Nicu. It got a little tedious reading the internal thoughts over and over. Again, I think editing the book down to 3/4 or even 1/2 its length
Sierra
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
The fact that I really liked all the secondary characters much more than the main characters says a lot about this book. Unfortunately the MC's seem to always be either fainting or napping. The reason behind the main conflict is very hazy and apparently (according to the blurb for the second book in the series) not universal. I was eager for a shifter story and I have to say that this story was much more about magic than shifters. This was enough of a fail that I won't be reading the other ...more
Mika
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
I read the discription and thought: great that sounds cool.

But it wasn't really fun reading the book.
I think they were to hard to Lucius. Ali with his all-knowing arrogant habit, and Nicu with all his secrets.
Lucius was forced so hard into this mating and no one is there for him to answer his questions.
There was a happy end, but maybe it would have been better if Lucius just had turned his back on them..
K-lee Klein loves guys with long hair and tattoos, and you’ll often find her front and center at her favorite rock concerts. She has bounced around Western Canada all her life, but will always consider the solitude and beauty of the British Columbian mountains home. Her life is blessed as the proud mother of three now-grown but still spoiled kids, the servant of two bossy felines, and the wife of ...more

Family of Misfits (3 books)
  • Ali's Intuition (Family of Misfits, #2)
  • Manny's Heart (Family of Misfits, #3)