Start by marking “A Game of Cat and Mouse (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection:3)” as Want to Read:
A Game of Cat and Mouse (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection:3)

Read Excerpt

A Game of Cat and Mouse

(Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The third of the crime and mystery series -- Jane Hetherington’s Adventures in Detection.

Following the premature death of husband, Hugh, retired librarian Jane Hetherington needs something to help distract her. A lifetime of mystery solving behind her, she becomes a lady sleuth for hire.
Here are the cases she tackled in her third month of business.
Paperback, First, 259 pages
Published March 2012 by Cat & Mouse Publishers

To ask other readers questions about A Game of Cat and Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Game of Cat and Mouse

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of A Game of Cat and Mouse (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection:3)
Farzana rahmann
Jul 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Hadenmaiden
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I was really lucky to win a copy of this book in one of the Goodreads giveaways. It was the first book by Nina Jon that I've read, and have to say I'll definitely be on the look out for more.
This was the third in the series about Jane Hetherington, but absolutely fine as a stand alone novel.
The book is written in a very readable style, with characters who are fun to get to know. Each chapter is imaginatively titled and they're pretty short, so you can just manage a chapter or two if you're rea
Poppy
Jul 11, 2012 rated it liked it
I usually like my detective books a bit grittier than this, but I did like this book. The dialogue was believable and not superfluous and the mysteries were genuinely that. I found the extremely short chapters a bit strange, but overall an enjoyable read.
I got this book through Goodreads First Reads.
Sue
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm rereading books and series I love and this is one of them.
This is the third of this series. It's another collection of vignettes, which is this series' trademark.
Again – very well written, delightful likeable characters and stories. Tears and laughter.
Niamh
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wonderful - great charachters and plot! Thoroughly enjoyed!
Aurelie
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this book as part of the Goodreads giveaways and it was an absolute pleasure reading it. The characters are very endearing and I cannot wait to read the next books!
Nick
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads
Another gem. Enjoyable, funny and poignant in parts. Great stuff.
Donna Barney
star
Jul 17, 2019
Ann
Jan 07, 2015

Nina Jon is the author of the Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection crime and mystery series, which takes the reader through the first year of Jane Hetherington's new career as a sleuth.

On www.ninajonbooks.com there are a series of blogs, aiming to introduce the novels to potential readers by giving them an insight into the storylines, characters and the series itself without giving the game

Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection (5 books)
  • The Night of Harrison Monk's Death (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection: 1)
  • Pandora's box (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection: 2)
  • April (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection: 4)
  • The Night of Harrison Monk's Death & Pandora's Box (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection)