Start by marking “The Night of Harrison Monk's Death (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection: 1)” as Want to Read:

The Night of Harrison Monk's Death

(Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection #1)

The first of the new crime and mystery fiction series – Jane Hetherington’s Adventures in Detection.

Following the premature death of husband, Hugh, retired librarian Jane Hetherington needs something to help distract her. A lifetime of mystery solving behind her, she becomes a lady sleuth for hire.
Here are the cases she tackled in her first month of business.
Paperback, First, 246 pages
Published March 2012 by Cat & Mouse Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Night of Harrison Monk's Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night of Harrison Monk's Death

Susan Doyle
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, which I received as a Goodreads Giveaway. The layout of the book is very clear, which made it easy to read.
The opening story takes you straight into Jane's world as she solves her first case. We then learn more of her life through her memories as she sets up as a private investigator in the style of Mma Ramotswe meets Miss Marple. The title story runs through as a darker thread which ties in to one of the earlier cases with a shock, and maybe promises more heavy subject matt
Vid
Jul 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I received it as part of the GoodReads Giveaway. Im always interested in reading new authors, as it brings on the variety to my reading.

Im pleased to say that I found this book an easy read and was an entertainer. It is a detective story set in the style of Agatha Christie / Miss Marple. I found each of the story a fast read and was crisp and to the point. And in between these shorter stories, goes the main story thread and also the life of Jane, which is what sets it apart - You get to know ab
Jenny Bosher
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really good read! was a bit hard to get into i thought but once it got going and she started to investigate properly it was a very enjoyable read! maybe next time there'll be a few bigger cases and the snippet of the next book at the end definitely makes me want to read on :)
Annie Witt
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Received this book as part of the Goodreads Giveaway, I found it was an enjoyable and quick read with several twists. I loved the first chapter of the following book at the end. I look forward to reading others in this series.
Sue
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For a lover of mystery literature, the idea of a British housewife taking up crime solving appealed. Our lady detective charms and the network of plots are constructed with obvious great care. A pleasure to read and the opening chapter of the follow-up is a great idea.
Nick
Jul 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: goodreads
Enjoyable read, likeable characters, well worth a go.
Carol
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
will try to find more by this author-I love it when the detective is a woman my age-and a Brit too
Megan Varley
Jacki
rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2012
Lindsay
rated it did not like it
Jun 28, 2014
Jane Reads
Jan 13, 2013
Chris
Nov 21, 2014

Nina Jon is the author of the Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection crime and mystery series, which takes the reader through the first year of Jane Hetherington's new career as a sleuth.

On www.ninajonbooks.com there are a series of blogs, aiming to introduce the novels to potential readers by giving them an insight into the storylines, characters and the series itself without giving the game

Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection (5 books)
  • Pandora's box (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection: 2)
  • A Game of Cat and Mouse (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection:3)
  • April (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection: 4)
  • The Night of Harrison Monk's Death & Pandora's Box (Jane Hetherington's Adventures in Detection)