Start by marking “Fodor's London 2013” as Want to Read:
Fodor's London 2013

Fodor's London 2013

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  232 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Expanded Coverage: London’s Olympic stint yielded plenty of new or polished-up restaurants, hotels, and attractions, making this guide perfect for travelers heading to London after the Olympic festivities.

Indispensable Trip Planning Tools:
  Convenient overviews of each neighborhood’s highlights make planning simple, as do best bets for hotels and restaurants, free things
Published August 14th 2012 by Fodor's (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Fodor's London 2013, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fodor's London 2013

Michelle
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it, saw it, did it... A great little resource to places to see and things to do. I packed the pullout map with me as a spent hours, solo, exploring the sights of this city.
Lisa Shultz
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
I used this book for a recent trip. I found it more useful before the trip for research than during the trip. It was a bit heavy to carry. Next time I will probably carry a pocket guide while walking around.
Mikes road planner
I think this book can give you an extra for the main routes and attractions in London.
i've been to the UK and specifically London many times, and i really appreciated the 2012 edition of this book. the maps and pictures helped allot, and we enjoyed to plan a trip with this book. it could be that this book is allot more for people that visited London before, and are familiar with allot of the areas/

Maggie Anton
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll be leaving for a week in London tomorrow, so I've been perusing this guidebook on and off for a few months. I didn't read all this book, just the sections on the areas of London I'll be near. Lots of good information and maps, especially for museum goers, but not so much for folks who want walking tours. I actually read the 2014 edition.
Amy
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually read the 2016 version. Maps were only general, and lots of space taken up with hotel and restaurant recommendations, which to me are so changeable that online research is more timely and accurate. There are some lovely pictures, and the writing definitely increases excitement about a London trip.
Amy
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone planning a trip to London
Shelves: foreign-travel
I really like the Fodor's travel books and do appreciate the color photographs throughout. I've used Fodor's for domestic and foreign travel in the past and found the information to be valid and helpful! The only downside to the Fodor's books is that they are heavy because of the high-quality paper used, but is good for nice photos.
Alisa
Jun 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very handy book with a lot of helpful information. I wish it had a bit more detail about attractions and other points of interest, but it covers the basics plus includes a fold-out map of London.
Kristin
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent resource. I'm getting psyched for my trip to London. Made a list of must-see places.
Brendan Hall
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great overview of London. Helpful information about the neighborhoods and cultural difference. I am a fan of Fodor's.
Abby
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, travel
Excellent guide to London, from what I can tell. I imagine this will be a constant reference point for us this summer.
Candy
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just what I needed to help prepare for my summer trip.
Rachel
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually finished this ages ago and forgot to mark it off! Need my credit! It was a cool reference for London, but less needed than the one for Paris. :)
Becky
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always helpful reviews, learning Fodors should be my go to travel guides when deciding how to spend my time on vacation!
Garrett Cash
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference, travel
Definitely the most information-dense London travel guide I've yet read, highly recommended for folks who want to know a great deal before going!
megan c
Aug 27, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Needs more on Bloomsbury.
Eric
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This guide helped a great deal on our trip to London this winter.
Staci
Jul 16, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
looking forward to our trip!!
Lisa Norris
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome if you're planning a trip to London. Very helpful and informative.
Rose
Mar 18, 2016
casey
Apr 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Rick Steves' London 2007 (Rick Steves' City and Regional Guides)
  • England (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Top 10 London (DK Eyewitness Travel)
  • London A-Z
  • Turkey
  • USA's Best Trips: 99 Themed Itineraries Across America
  • Istanbul (Lonely Planet City Guide)
  • Florence & Tuscany
  • Where's Mom Now That I Need Her?: Surviving Away from Home
  • Forever Paris: 25 Walks in the Footsteps of the City's Most Illustrious Figures
  • Car Fever: Dispatches From Behind The Wheel
  • Istanbul (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide)
  • Conditioning for Dance: Training for Peak Performance in All Dance Forms
  • London (Eyewitness Travel Guide)
  • World Heritage Sites: A Complete Guide to 878 UNESCO World Heritage Sites