Start by marking “Dr. Judith Orloff's Guide to Intuitive Healing: 5 Steps to Physical, Emotional, and Sexual Wellness” as Want to Read:

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  188 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
"We are the keepers of an intuitive intelligence so powerful it can tell us how to heal."  In her groundbreaking new book, Dr. Judith Orloff leads readers to the heart of a radical revolution in health care: the union of medicine and intuition, of body, mind, and soul. We're all born with the gift of intuition; many of us have long ago blocked that "indisputable sense of r ...more
Published May 9th 2012 by Harmony (first published March 7th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Dr. Judith Orloff's Guide to Intuitive Healing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. Judith Orloff's Guide to Intuitive Healing

Andrea James
The author seems like a nice person and writes in an easy, breezy style. I've only given it two stars because it is a little repetitive with lots of anecdotal examples to try to convince the reader of the value of thinking intuitively. The trouble is that she is either preaching to the choir, in which case they are just there for entertainment or if the reader is skeptical about new-age sounding evidence, they are unlikely to be convinced by one-off examples.

However, the author does provide some
Erin
Nov 03, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the idea that your body wants to heal, it is a matter of listening to your body and aligning your mind with the process of healing. I love to explore alternative ideas in healing. Some ideas I loved and others I am still thinking about and wonder if and when it will find place for me. The last section of the book, the section about Sexual Wellness was a little too far out "on the limb" for me. Overall I liked the book.
Mandy
Jun 02, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: therapists, caregivers
This book is taking me some time to get through. I am enjoying the insights, but as of late, I find I am more attracted to fiction. This was given to me by a friend at work. I do therapy with children and, at times, I feel completely drained by the work. This book is an aid on how to set up boundaries that allow one to be fully present with someone, yet not soak up their energy through the experience. Mostly, it reminds one to rely on their intuition as a guide.
Corey
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doctor Mixes Science and Intuition in treating her patients using hunches, gut feelings, her inner voice. Growing up in a family of doctors, she resisted becoming a doctor and then embraced psychiatry and alternative medicine. Cross between Larry Dossey and Sylvia Brown and questions why we heal and what give us the spirit to live.
Monica Sztybel
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enlightening and informative. I like how she uses each chapter to explain how the steps can work in a variety of situations from the physical to the spiritual to the interaction with those around us.
Virginia Ann
Sep 29, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Another medical scientist who is willing to look at every angle of healing.
Gato
Jan 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Try as I might, I could not muddle through this save for a few pages a week. I ended up returning it to the library after 141 pages and 12 weeks.
Beth
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-healing
A wonderful reference book to have on hand!
Irina
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just added this one to my read, so now I have two books that I am simultaneously reading. There is nothing like multitasking!
Deirdre
Dec 03, 2017
  • Archangels 101: How to Connect Closely with Archangels Michael, Raphael, Uriel, Gabriel and Others for Healing, Protection, and Guidance
  • A Practical Guide to Vibrational Medicine: Energy Healing and Spiritual Transformation
  • What We May Be
  • The Book of Chakra Healing
  • A Short History of Chinese Philosophy
  • Women's Anatomy Of Arousal: Secret Maps To Buried Pleasure
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place In The World Using Synchronicity, Intuition, And Uncommon Sense
  • Growing Up in Heaven: The Eternal Connection Between Parent and Child
  • Life's Companion: Journal Writing as a Spiritual Practice
  • Quantum Physics of Quantum Healing
  • Wheels of Light: Chakras, Auras, and the Healing Energy of the Body
Judith Orloff MD is the author of the New York Times bestseller Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself From Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life and SECOND SIGHT: An Intuitive Psychiatrist Tells Her Extraordinary Story and Shows You How To Tap Your Own Inner Wisdom. Dr. Orloff synthesizes the pearls of traditional medicine with intuition and energy medicine. An UCLA Psychiatrist, she believes t ...more
More about Judith Orloff...
“our own. It is critical not to feel obliged to inherit something that doesn’t belong to us. Or to misread the bond with our loved ones as including their illnesses. Genetics may dictate the transmission of a disease, but we can do much to break our intuitive link to such a process.” 0 likes