Start by marking “Wisha Wozzariter” as Want to Read:
Wisha Wozzariter

Read Excerpt

Wisha Wozzariter

A charming story about a little girl’s dream of becoming a writer.
‘I wish I was a writer,’ sighed Wisha.
‘Well, you are Wisha Wozzariter,’ said the Bookworm.
‘So I am! But I don’t quite know where to begin.’
‘At the beginning, of course,’ said the Bookworm, rolling his eyes.
Ten-year-old Wisha wishes to be a writer. When she meets Bookworm, she stops wishing and starts writing
Published May 15th 2012 by Penguin Books India

susmita
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
an awesome read... imagination works wonders and Kapadia has done justice by stirring up the imagination with her protagonist Wisha and her companion, the Bookworm... good use of nonce words and not to forget the illustration by Roger Dahl.It is not meant for kids only... infact it inspires avid readers like me who want to become "writers" in the long run...
Vibina Venugopal
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
At very young age I loved reading for they took me to places that only book could take from Alice in wonderland ...to happy ending disney tales.. adding a dash of Indian myth and culture by Panchatantra to Jataka tales, Moral witty tales of Tenali Raman as children I was exploring world full of fantasy...Most were illustrated classics that I loved to browse and discover the world with them..These illustration helped me to take with me all those characters even after I had done with the books...I ...more
Shubhada Kale
Nov 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Its a beautiful book...
The Book Chief
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
What could have been an amazingly imaginative book is let down by the lack of adventure and humour, and the overdose of the abstract. What a pity!

Wisha Wozzariter, as her name suggests, wishes to be a writer. Guided by the mentor-like Bookworm, she takes the Train of Thought to the Marketplace of Ideas and bids for an Imagination Balloon which she promises to pay for with half a bottle of Inspiration. She gets tossed out of the Superhero Salon and has to settle for an unlikely Hero (Prufrock, a
Chhavi
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
imaginative and fun.
Menaka Sankaralingam
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
The imaginative story of Wisha Wozzariter (Wish-I-was-a-writer) who wants to write a story, but never sets about doing it. On a certain day, Bookworm pops up from a book she is reading and urges her to write a book, by taking her to the Marketplace of ideas. Thus starts a highly imaginative and adventurous journey à la Carroll's Alice.
Read between the lines to find sound advice for aspiring authors.
Check out the detailed review at http://plusminusnmore.rapo.in/wisha-wozzariter-payal-kapadia/
Adrian Jay
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wisha's world, created by author Payal Kapadia, pushes the imagination into new territory. This book is a delight and should be enjoyed by families across the globe!
MostlyBooks
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
l loved loved this book!!! ^_^
Sharanya
Sangram
Feb 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Crossword Book Award 3 30 Jan 16, 2016 05:47AM
Payal Kapadia’s “Wisha Wozzariter” won the Crossword Book Award 2013 for Best Children’s Book and is also on the “101 Indian Children’s Books We Love!” list. She is also the author of “Colonel Hathi Loses His Brigade” and “Puffin Lives: B.R. Ambedkar.”

Payal started her career as a journalist with Outlook Magazine in Mumbai and The Japan Times in Tokyo, after receiving a Master’s degree from North