Start by marking “Into the Dark (The Legend of the Great Horse, #3)” as Want to Read:
Into the Dark (The Legend of the Great Horse, #3)

Into the Dark

(The Legend of the Great Horse #3)

"Into the Dark" is Book #3 of "The Legend of the Great Horse" trilogy, an award-winning time-travel adventure which takes the reader on a journey through the ages when horses were everyday companions in work, war, sport and spectacle. The story is told through the eyes of a young woman, a horse-crazy teenager traveling through history with knowledge of 21st Century horsema ...more
Published June 21st 2012 by Micron Press (first published June 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Dark, please sign up.
Heather Stauffer I was in my late 20s when I received the first two books, and I loved them...I probably would have loved them even at 12 or so years old (I've always …moreI was in my late 20s when I received the first two books, and I loved them...I probably would have loved them even at 12 or so years old (I've always been an avid reader though, but 12 doesn't seem too far fetched, maybe a bit younger for someone who really enjoys reading) They are seriously awesome books and I just need to find the third one to finish out the series! (less)

Start your review of Into the Dark (The Legend of the Great Horse, #3)
Reader Views
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
INTO THE DARK

John Royce
Micron Press (2013)
ISBN 9780972412100
Reviewed by Paige Lovitt for Reader Views (11/15)

“Into the Dark” concludes the Legend of the Great Horse trilogy by John Royce. Time traveler Meagan finds herself waking up in Texas in 1861, where she meets Dan Beardon, owner of the Great Horse Red, and her future soul mate. As Meagan travels through some rough times with Dan she finds herself appreciating him more and more, and is devastated when she is pulled into her next adventure,
Angela
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was so lucky I got this book as an 'early reader'. I thank it for the author who has an exceptional great knowledge of horsemanship and history and he is blessed with the talent to catch the mental imagination and the heart of the reader...

It was exciting that the first scene was the American Western world, as a Hungarian it was very interesting for me. I learned what was the quarterhorse, what kind of color the buckskin was.

I enjoyed that I didn't see letters when I read, but heard noises o
Allies Opinions
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Into the Dark is the last book in the Legend of the Great Horse trilogy. As our journey with Meagan comes to a very unanticipated end, the story continues to capture the imagination and emotions as well, if not better than the first two books. The story is swarming with revelations, history, action and (finally) a bit of romance. We even get a glimpse into a very unappealing and suppressed possible future.

Meagan and Dan didn’t have the most auspicious start. Their “relationship” was very rewardi
Melissa
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Wonderful end to this series. I am sad to see the end of this series, but will be watching for more from this author.

I was given this boom in exchange for an honest review via LibraryThing.
Ashley
Jun 29, 2017
John  Royce
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
W
Stacia Chappell
Sue
Todd Rumsey
Nov 07, 2015
John Allen Royce is an American author and horseman. His debut title, Eclipsed by Shadow, won national honors including the 2009 Eric Hoffer Book Award for Best Young Adult Fiction. Born in California and growing up in Texas, the author has lived ‘from sea to shining sea’ in his native America, and now resides in Boston, Massachusetts.

Horses and history have intertwined in Mr. Royce’s life since

The Legend of the Great Horse (3 books)
  • Eclipsed By Shadow (The Legend of the Great Horse, #1)
  • The Golden Spark  (The Legend of the Great Horse, #2)

News & Interviews