Start by marking “Lebendige Schatten (Reckless, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lebendige Schatten (Reckless, #2)

Lebendige Schatten

(Mirrorworld #2)

Das dunkle Märchen geht weiter. Jacob Reckless düstere Abenteuer gehen weiter. Seinen Bruder Will hat er retten können, doch der Preis war hoch. Wird sich die Motte auf seiner Brust, Zeichen des Feenfluchs, lösen und zu ihrer Herrin fliegen, ist Jacob dem Tode geweiht. Ein Wettlauf gegen die Zeit beginnt und ein Wettkampf mit dem Goyl Nerron um den einen Schatz. Er kann di ...more
Published September 6th 2012 by Cecilie Dressler Verlag

To ask other readers questions about Lebendige Schatten, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Stephanie
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Charlotte May
“Love was lost so terrifyingly easily.”

This was so good! Maybe even better than book 1!!!
I loved returning to the Mirrorworld with all its magical, dangerous and fantastical creatures and secrets.
Jacob managed to save his brother during book 1, but at a very high cost. This cost is now demanding to be paid and Jacob’s life is on the line.
He and his best friend Fox, the shape shifting girl are on a race against time to find the head, hand and heart of a warlock who hides a hidden crossbow, wh
C.G. Drews
The real question is: WHY HAVEN'T I READ THIS TRILOGY SOONER?!?? I'm actually exploding with love for it. And there are NO sequel blues to be found here. I actually loved this more than the first!! My #1 complaint with the first was lack of emotion...but here?!? So. much. emotion. I may or may not have been an anxious wreck the whole time. It was dark and stabby and intensely magical and it was just the kind of book that reminded me why I love magic.

I loooooove magic. DARK AND MESSY MAGIC THAT H
Anniebananie
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bin ich froh, dass ich den zweiten Teil endlich vom SUB hab. Fand ihn nochmal um einiges stärker als den ersten Band damals, vielleicht weil ich jetzt auch schon auf den Schreibstil vorbereitet war. Der ist nämlich - ehrlich gesagt - nicht so ganz meins. Durch ihn hab ich das Gefühl, dass mir die Protagonisten doch immer relativ fremd bleiben. Davon abgesehen ist die Welt und und das Storytelling super! Ich mag auch die Goyl und vor allem Nerron fand ich irgendwie klasse. Auch die vielen Märchen ...more
Simona Bartolotta
"Nothing lasted for ever, even behind the mirror."

EDIT 19/12/15 - added review in English - recensione in italiano a fondo pagina/Italian review at the bottom of the page.

Lately, the attention I pay to new book releases is even lower than usual, and it is at its worst even in my 'normal' periods, so just imagine. Anyway, I was in this bookshop in Edinburgh all on my own, when at some point, having already browsed through all the other sections, I find myself in the middle grade section. I lower
Trish
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The second volume about Jacob Reckless, the boy who found another world behind a black mirror and fox, his shape shifting friend (well, more than just a friend if both are honest).

When I opened the book, I was very disappointed because where the first book was filled with the author's illustrations, this only had little ones at the beginning of each chapter. It felt lifeless in comparison to the first volume.
When asking Cornelia Funke here on Goodreads, she told me that she had wanted to includ
Ashley Daviau
This book was a chore to read quite honestly and there is only reason I kept reading and gave it 3 stars and not a lower rating. And that reason is Fox. I just love her character SO much that the pages she graced made it worth suffering through the juvenile nonsense the rest of this book was! I’m actually very disappointed by this turn of events because normally I absolutely love Funke’s writing. But I just couldn’t get into this one, it felt like the story was sprouting a new and confusing head ...more
Kayla Dawn
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Nicht ganz so gut, wie der Vorgänger, aber immer noch ein klasse Buch! Ich liebe Cornelia Funkes Schreibstil und die Welten die sie erschafft. Bin gespannt auf den dritten Teil ☺ ...more
Daria
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a rather long time since I last ventured into Funke's Mirrorworld (although I did only do it the once), even longer since I last re-read Dragon Rider, my all-time Funke favorite, and probably eons since the Inkworld happened. My memories of Funke's books are distant but strong: I recall being bemused and enchanted by her dark and wonderful tales, and I owe her a young reader's deep-seated loyalty.

But it's not an eleven-year old Daria that read Reckless and Fearless. I wonder if the el
Lalaine *myficbookreviews*
OMG PLEASE LET IT BE ALTEASTNEXT YEAR I WANT MORE OF JACOBBBBBB!

UPDATES:
Loved it!
Tyree Singleton
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since the end of the Reckless I have been waiting for this sequel to come out. I'm sure it won't disappoint. Also, I can't understand why Reckless got a lot of low ratings, i thought it was a really good book.
rachel
I know that I am a mood reader - scheduling what books to read when just doesn’t work for me. I know that, obviously. But for some reason I pushed myself through this book even though I knew that I just wasn’t in the right mood for such a ‘heavy’ and wordy fantasy. Don’t get me wrong though, this book was fantastic. I cannot deny that. Fearless was the continuation of Jacob Reckless' journey in the Mirrorworld, and the story was engrossing as always.

The plot, somehow, manages to be a constant s
Alex
Apr 27, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shocked that people weren't expecting bk 2... Did they not read the ending??
Isabell
Deutsche Rezension folgt weiter unten
________________

I loved Cornelia Funke's Inkheart books and was a bit disappointed by the first Reckless book. I liked it but something seemed missing. I just finished the second book and liked it much more. The story continues where the first book left off. Jacob tries to find a way to counter the fairy curse that will kill him if he doesn't succeed. He is accompanied by the shapeshifter Fox. After every other measure Jacob knows of and tries fails to help a
Lynn Rainbow
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a few days since I finished reading this book, but I've had no time to actually sit and write down this review. And this is due to study and exams, and not because I've nothing to say about this book (because, you know, I gave it 5 stars so obviously I've a lot of things to say about this one).

What can I say? I read Reckless a long time ago, and I didn't know there would have been a sequel to it. I found out about this book just a couple of months ago, and when I finally found it at m
James M. Madsen, M.D.
I liked "Reckless," the first novel in this trilogy, and I gave it three stars out of a possible five; but for me it was a little lacking in depth and in character development. Now, in retrospect, I see it as setting the stage for "Fearless," which is in almost every way significantly better than the introductory volume. "Fearless" starts slowly but after about a third of the book or so rapidly morphs into an exciting tale with characters about whom I really cared. The bulk of the book is a "Rai ...more
Amelie
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-bookshelf
Ein kurzer Blick zurück auf den 24. Februar 2011, der Tag an dem ich den ersten Band beendet hatte. Ich fand das Buch nicht unbedingt schlecht, war aber ein kleine wenig enttäuscht, weil mir zwei der Hauptcharaktere, nämlich Clara und Will, sehr unsympathisch gewesen sind und es mich ein wenig gestört hatte, dass Jacob sein Leben für Will riskiert.
Nun, in diesem zweiten Band ist keine einzige Szene aus der Sicht von einem der beiden geschrieben. Um genau zu sein spielen sie hier nur eine sehr se
Olivia
Jan 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Before you read my entire review I would like you to know that I have nothing against Cornelia Funke personally and my review is based solely on literary opinion.

I know this probably isn't the nicest metaphor but this is truly how I view the book.

This book reminds me of a Hollywood starlet that rises to the top and unfortunately later becomes a train wreck. Bear with me for a moment.

Example: The actor makes their film debut in a movie that is both critically and commercially successful as was th
Shiku
Aug 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Die deutsche Rezension findet ihr hier.

The review contains spoilers about the first book.
________________________________________

The Mirrorworld’s best treasure hunter’s career seems to come to an end – not because he wants it to, but because he said the Dark Fairy’s name, cursing himself with it. The moth on his breast will bite him six times, and then it’ll fly away, taking Jacob’s life with it.
Every artefact he has tried was useless, but there is a last chance: the legend says a magical cross
Alatea
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funke's writing is so beautiful and Mirrorworld is stunning - I love that Funke mix folklore with reality and that the magic in the Mirrorworld is dark and cruel and... beautiful? I can't believe I am saying this, but it works out beautifully. And I love both main characters. They are so stubborn I want to shake them a bit, but they both have amazing characters and they grow on me more and more with every book!
Liviania
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jacob Reckless found a mirror in his missing father's study that allows him to travel to another world, a world full of magic. In the first Mirrorworld novel, RECKLESS, Jacob's brother followed him and was nearly turned into a Goyl - a creature of stone. Jacob saved him but is now under a curse himself, one that will kill him within the year. There is one last artifact that could save his life, but it will be a struggle to find it in time - especially since there is another searching for it.

FEAR
Miss Bookiverse
Ich glaube so schnell habe ich noch nie ein so langes Hörbuch gehört, dann war's auch noch ein Reread, aber genau das richtige für die Weihnachtszeit zu zweit :)

Ich find immer noch alles genauso toll wie beim ersten Mal. Fuchs und Jacob sind einfach eins meiner allerliebsten Paare, auch wenn sie das selbst viel zu langsam kapieren. Mein Lieblingspart ist nach wie vor die ganze Blaubart-Eskapade.
Die ganzen Märchenelemente drumherum sind so kreativ und spannend. Vieles wird ja nur in Nebensätzen e
Daisy
asdfghjkl I can't.
Oh my god. I love the first one of the Mirrorworld series, and it became my favourite book. But after this latest instalment...

When I say it's perfect beyond belief I'm not exaggerating. This book should be far more well-known.
Reckless Reckless was brilliant, with crime, action, romance, adventure, fantasy and all that. But Fearless, has all this, but takes everything to a completely new level.
We get to know Jacob and Fox's relationship better and I was almost in tears at sever
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Cornelia Funke is one of those authors where I decided she was a favorite author because I loved the first two of her books I read, Inkheart and The Thief Lord. Further reading, however, has revealed that maybe I don’t love her books as much as I thought. I mean, I still think she’s talented, but my more recent experiences with her have very much been cases where they’re not the ideal books for me personally, being much more focused on world building and plot than on characterization.

Read the fu
Andy
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf-fantasy
Dieses mal sind es französische und englische Märchen, derer sich Cornelia Funke in diesem Teil annimmt. Ansonsten ist die Handlung, wie schon in Band eins "Steinernes Fleisch" wieder spannend und phantasievoll. Wie gut, dass ich bereits "Das goldene Garn" besitze. Aber bitte, bitte liebe Cornelia, wir brauchen Band vier!
Constanze Zietz
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Auch die Fortsetzung hat mich begeistert! Die Geschichte von Jacob und Fuchs ist fantastisch und knüpft an den ersten Teil nahtlos an. Cornelia Funke hat mit vielen neuen Orten und Persönlichkeiten die Spiegelwelt noch weiter ausgebaut - für Märchen- & Fantasyfans ein absolutes Muss!
♠ TABI ♠
I have also read this at least 20 times but never marked each time as religiously as I mark all my other books . . .

description
Timothy Hicks
I had a hard time getting into this book. I wanna say it was partly because I read the first book in this trilogy over three years ago (which that in itself is never a good thing to do). But I think it was also because I had a hard time imagining what was going on. Events and dialogue are there, but the surroundings and details of the world are only partially described at worse and vague at best.

Not sure if it’s a familiar of my imagination or the writing itself? I mean, if I don’t know if the s
Betelgeuse
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chi non si arrende anche quando il tempo è agli sgoccioli.
Recensione pubblicata su Cronache di Betelgeuse

Jacob Reckless è tornato ed è pronto a continuare a combattere pur di conquistare un minuto in più di vita. Dopo averlo visto uscire vincitore dallo scorso libro, stavolta capiamo bene il prezzo che ha dovuto pagare per la salvezza del fratello.

Jacob sta rischiando la vita con ogni singola mossa, cercando una soluzione che sembra sfuggirgli giorno dopo giorno. Al suo fianco ha Volpe, che cerca di compensare i suoi sbalzi d’umore, cercando di support
Viridiana Ivashkov
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Se merece 10 estrellitas (?) :3 y se va directo a los favoritos.
Wuau me robó el aliento, este libro es como un puñetazo directo al estómago (?) y por un boxeador profesional jaja.

Cornelia, oh querida Cornelia Funke me has conquistado completamente con una historia llena de fantasía oscura tan original. Con un universo tan completo y lleno de magia. Es soberbio, el mundo de detrás del espejo es una maravilla. A pesar de que te deja un regusto amargo, ya que en este lugar de ensueño en el que pueb
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We're back in Mirrorworld, based on our world but alive with all the creatures we read about in fairy tales. Jacob, in our Chicago, has bid on a magic bottle inhabited by a northern djinni - their blood is rumored to reverse curses and boy does Jacob have a curse (that moth which will eventually eat his heart, a 'gift' after his role in the Blood Wedding; confused? read the first book). Turns out, the blood doesn't work so we're on to Plan Z, a magical crossbow that will either kill thousands or ...more
??? 4 47 May 18, 2013 04:07PM
Yay.. 3 25 Jan 23, 2013 10:17AM
  • Dschinnland (Die Sturmkönige, #1)
  • Lilith (Uralte Metropole, #2)
  • Feenlicht (Sturmjäger von Aradon, #1)
  • The Margrave (Relic Master, #4)
  • Erwachen (Die Dreizehnte Fee, #1)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • The Secret Country
  • Legacy (Wicked, #3)
Cornelia Funke is a multiple award-winning German illustrator and storyteller, who writes fantasy for all ages of readers. Amongst her best known books is the Inkheart trilogy. Many of Cornelia's titles are published all over the world and translated into more than 30 languages. She has two children, two birds and a very old dog and lives in Los Angeles, California.

Mirrorworld (5 books)
  • Reckless (Mirrorworld, #1)
  • The Golden Yarn (MirrorWorld, #3)
  • The Islands of the Fox (Mirrorworld, #4)
  • Untitled (Mirrorworld, #5)
“When the heart craved something so forcefully, then reason became nothing but helpless observer.” 22 likes
“What was she hoping to gain from his death? That it would numb the pain of his betrayal, or heal her injured pride? Her red sister didn't know much about love.” 6 likes