Start by marking “Sex, Lies and Contracts” as Want to Read:
Sex, Lies and Contracts

Sex, Lies and Contracts

Julianna Elizabeth Waters promises her dying father to save the family estate at all costs, even if it means marrying for money, and not love. After years of taking care of her sick parents, she's become afraid to push past the walls of her Newport mansion and live.
Jack Woodward has it all - wealth, power, and prestige, but discovers a contract stating he must marry within
Published February 1st 2012 by Red Sage Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sex, Lies and Contracts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex, Lies and Contracts

MBR
This is a score sheet review.

For the full review with the scores, please visit MBR's Realm of Romance

Score Sheet Summary:

32 year old Jack Alexander Woodward is the ultimate heir to his family’s shipping business and fortune; that is if he marries within the next couple of months as stipulated in the will by his father. Though Jack might be handsome as sin, sexy and charming enough to make any woman fall for him and rich enough to have any woman he wants, his heart yearns for love and the ultim
You Gotta Read Reviews
Mar 07, 2012 You Gotta Read Reviews rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rasia
Juliana is in need of a husband for money. Having taken care of her parents all of her adult life to safe the little money they had, she has had no freedom. Now she is living a solitary life, and has kept all her desires inside. But she is in need of money, so she decides to place an ad in which she states to be looking for a husband.

Jack is in need of a wife, to make sure that Castle Point stays his. If he doesn’t marry within a week he will lose everything, the house, the money and the company
Djag
Jun 16, 2012 Djag rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would have preferred to give this book 2.5 stars. It was better than books I give 2stars to but doesn't really fit into the category of the books that I give 3 stars to. The story was a very good one and some parts of it absolutely sizzled but if the author had spent just a tiny bit more time developing the attraction between the charcaters (i would have been good with another paragraph or two) before the first forceable feel up which happened much too soon to be believable this may have been ...more
Amanda Sheila
Not exactly my favorite.

The plot is actually intriguing and if the author's punches are succeed, this book could be a bundle of angst, betrayal and tears. But the ending is an anti-climax to me. I don't like the way Bryce ended and definitely could be so much better than this.

So yeah, overall good book but not my favorite.
Kelly Gendron
Mar 03, 2012 Kelly Gendron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved Jack's character! While I was looking for something to read, I came across a review about this book. The reviewer had said something about the story being to short. After finishing Sex, Lies, and Contracts, I'd have to say... I agree! Jack was delectable! But to be honest, when the story was over, it really didn't matter how short or long it was... It still would've left me wanting more!!
Esther
Sep 25, 2016 Esther rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Jack Woodward is a Dickhead!!! i didn't enjoy this book and i was sorry that i started reading it and had to suffer till the end. Thank God this was a short story the only positive thing about this heap of crap.

Ok, had to get back here and edit my review, cause i'm soooo pissed off !

Jack Woodward is a Dickhead because he is a self centered douche that has appointed himself judge jury and executioner, of the other characters in this book. He is so full of himself, that at first glance he has alre
Dianne
Apr 01, 2012 Dianne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Combining the best of Lady Chatterley with the highly sexual and graphic erotica of this century, Ms Probst tells an intrgueing tale of sex, lies and exciting happily ever afters.

I have never read D H Lawrence's controversial book, but I did do enough research when I read this particular book to understand Ms Probst's theme. I don't know if I will ever read the classic,but I sure know that this story will knock your socks off.

This book tells the story of a man (Jack Woodward) being forced into a
Niina
Mar 21, 2012 Niina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-challenge
Sex, Lies and Contracts is a contemporary erotic romance with an interesting plot of lies and deceit and money and lack of it. The plot was entertaining with enough lies to mix the characters right up, which it did too, and made the novel an interesting read, even just to know what happened with Jack and Julianna. It was missing a little bit of reality I think and warmth of character but still a good read.

The romance was both dominating and sweet, the bedroom scenes had plenty sizzle and control
Erica
I was really, really excited to read this one because I loved The Marriage Bargain so much. This one, while it had certain elements that were like that, fell flat for me. Unfortunately, most short stories do...there just isn't enough time to develop the characters and if they are erotica, they end up feeling rushed and ultimately I don't care about the characters. In the case of this one, it was extremely cheesy for the first half of the book. Julianna even compared the situation to Lady Chatter ...more
Phuong
Mar 04, 2012 Phuong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the story and the characters in this book. The author did a terrific job developing the characters and I found myself being emotionally involved in what was happening in each scene. Jack wants to find a woman that will marry him for love, not just because he's wealthy. Julianna wants to find a husband who has money to save her family home. These two are seeking different things in life even as they give in to their passion for each other every night. You can sense Jack's disappointment i ...more
Dee
May 15, 2012 Dee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had this book on my Nook for a couple of months and finally deciding to read it since I enjoyed The Marriage Bargain so much. I was surprised to see that the book was only 98 pages long. I'm not a huge fan of short stories because most of the time the character development isn't there and the story seems very rushed. Not so with this book. This book was great!
Jack & Julianna had great chemistry and the villian, Bryce, made the story even more interesting. I loved how (view spoiler)
L.D. Davis
Jul 23, 2012 L.D. Davis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy Jennifer Probst's books. Before the whole Fifty Shades explosion, I was not much into romance novels bursting with sexuality. However, Jennifer's books are well written, and even though they are mostly shorter novels, I find it easy to get attached and to understand the characters.

I was reluctant to read this, worried that it may be straight up erotica, but I should have known better. There was actually a very decent story line and I really loved Jack, the male lead.

I don't thin
Marti
One way to tell you are reading a good book is to start to care so much for the characters and wanting them to have the "right" ending that you start to worry for them. I worried for Julianna and Jack. The book was short and contained many hot scenes. Neither wanted anyone to know about what they were doing. Jack wanted Julianna to love him for him, but set up the story with so many lies, she found him lacking in honesty. Julianna was so tied to her family and the house that she was continuing t ...more
Marti Peterson
Dec 07, 2014 Marti Peterson rated it it was amazing
Hot story

Hot, steamy story! I was a bit bummed that the villain had the same name as my son, but it's a book =) this was a quick reading story that kept me riveted while I was trying to watch the football game. It was hard to put down until it was done. Excellent job to the author, once again!!
Deneira
Jan 10, 2013 Deneira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me long to finish this. I had started as soon I sought a copy but got sidetracked but lotsa other stories. Every time I finish a good book, I always try to find similar plot. I want to continue the frills and thrills. Just like this. I would have not sought a copy if I knew it would not be good. And I'm happy I am not disappointed.
Laurie
Jun 17, 2012 Laurie rated it liked it
Probst is amazing at bringing the steaminess to romance. Yum. Jack's a delicious alpha male with those bossy tendencies. Julianna is a horny professional women. Perfect fit. Bryce's character made me uneasy. Probst gave me just enough of him. Any more and it would have been an uncomfortable read.
J B
Oct 02, 2013 J B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book almost reads like a period piece set in modern times. To be honest that made it awkward for me. Wasn't bad and the characters were well developed. Felt a bit rushed once you really got into the plot.
Deb
Sep 19, 2012 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book....have to admit frustration from time to time because of all the lying....just kept thinking one of them should come clean....but I get it, it is fantasy and it has to have drama to keep up the intrigue.....all in all, I read this one pretty fast....glad it had a HEA:)
Elaine
Feb 04, 2014 Elaine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Could not decide between two or three stars. So on thinking about others books this author has written went with two. Seems a strange length this book. Some parts detail specific other key areas glossed over.
Tasha
Jan 11, 2013 Tasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG if you have never read a book by Jennifer Probst let me tell you now you are definitely missing out!! Anyways on to the review for this book... This book i loved so much i cant wait to read this book again. If you havent read this book Get To Reading Quick!!
Heather
Good fast read. The editing needs help though!
Julie
Jan 08, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent quick read !!!!
Stephanie
A lot shorter than I had thought it would be and I think the progression of the story suffered for it. The feel of the story felt jumpy because it was short.
Jouelle Cruz
Nov 25, 2012 Jouelle Cruz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-on-softcopy
This erotic romance novel is definitely an interesting read. It actually reminds me of modern romance fairy-tale, but well obviously not for kids, lol.
Jo Drage
Oct 08, 2013 Jo Drage rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, addictive thoroughly enjoyed it. Would highly recommend
Candace
Just think that there could have been better character development.
Steph
Feb 16, 2013 Steph rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it. I could believe the characters and thrie actions were motivated. It was a good, hot, sexy story.
Ma Katrina
“Two paths diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.”

The BookChick
May 03, 2012 The BookChick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet story about a prince masquerading as a pauper to find true love.

Misti
May 03, 2012 Misti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved loved loved this book
  • Cullen's Bride
  • The Best Man
  • Her Perfect Getaway (Bridesmaids in Paradise #1)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Hot Shot
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Special Gifts
  • Secret Admirer
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • Suspicious Ways
  • More Than One Night
  • Breaking The Rules
  • Going the Distance
  • Soul Survivor (Lost Worlds, #1)
Jennifer Probst wrote her first book at twelve years old. She bound it in a folder, read it to her classmates, and hasn’t stopped writing since. She took a short hiatus to get married, get pregnant, buy a house, get pregnant again, pursue a master’s in English Literature, and rescue two shelter dogs. Now she is writing again.

She is the NYT, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of
More about Jennifer Probst...

“The night engulfed her with silence, and the horizon pulled her further into an alternate universe. Civilization left behind, she waited for him as the boat made its way deep into the ocean, then slowed. A million stars twinkled overhead.
She never heard his footsteps.
Like a wild stallion mounting his mare, he pressed his hard body against hers and dragged her legs apart. She gasped and held on tight as he yanked her up, spread her wide, and plunged deep inside.”
4 likes
“He obviously enjoyed her annoyance. He took his time and uncapped the bottle of water. Removed his ball cap. Dumped the water over his head.
Julianna’s breath caught. Her body slammed into overdrive at the raw sexual scene before her. Water dripped from his thick blond hair and ran down his face. Over a carved jaw. Slid down to dampen perfectly cut lips.
His t-shirt soaked up the liquid and clung to his chest like a Women’s Night gone wild. Hunger hit hard and deep as she followed the trail down to his belt buckle, where droplets slid under the denim and hid beyond.”
3 likes