Start by marking “Misplaced Princess (Foreign Affairs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Misplaced Princess (Foreign Affairs, #1)

Misplaced Princess

(Crossed Wires #1)

an alternate cover edition can be found here
Foreign Affairs, Book One
Annie Prince has impetuously flown halfway 'round the world to visit a sexy cowboy she met online-only to find herself stranded in Sydney. Seems she and Dylan crossed wires, and he's on his way to New York. His twin, Hunter, saves the day and whisks her back to the family cattle station. Hunter's as easy
Published June 20th 2012 by Ellora's Cave

Start your review of Misplaced Princess (Foreign Affairs, #1)
Karla

4 1/2 Scrumptious Cowboy...Stockman Stars! I'd fly around the world twice and then some to find a man like Hunter Sullivan...DANG!!

*clicking my heels in my ruby red slippers* I want to go to Oz, I want to go to Oz, I want to go to Oz…

There is a little slice of heaven in the Australian Outback…Farpoint Creek cattle station! Please send me there so I can be a jillaroo and work alongside all the jackaroos in the land of kangaroos!!! I want to get down and dirty with them, doing chores in the
Duchess Nicole
This was cute and short. Too short, I think, for the characters to really show any depth. In a book this length, I tend to get the feeling of a very long synopsis...just a surface level explanation of what makes everyone tick.

Lexie and Dylan have a friendly online relationship and make a snap decision to meet up. Thing is, Dylan is Australian and Lexie is a New Yorker. Somehow, their wires get crossed and they each travel to the other's homeland. (How in the world would this actually happen
Riverina Romantics

AWESOME

I loved this story with a passion. One of my favourite places to go is my father-in-laws farm and funnily enough I was reading this story as my hubby drove the family out there. I'm not sure if it's just my own mental fairytale issues, but the whole day on the farm was spent dreaming about the sexy Hunter.

DAYUM but that man was all kinds of sexy awesome. Confident, hot to trot but he also had a soft heart and a strong devotion to his twin brother Dylan. He was the perfect mix of spank
Lady Heather
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance, erotica

WOW! This was such a fun read!

Loved the characters Hunter and Annie together.

photo firstkissaddicted.jpg

The story and writing were great, and the romance flirting, teasing, bantering, just spending quiet time in the library working just 'being' together was fun to read, and experience.

photo thelist.png

I loved that the characters didn't have to sacrifice their true natures in order to be together, but stayed true to themselves.

...because I gotta tell ya... once Hunter got "the go ahead" from Dylan.. it was "Game
Stacie
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3+ " That's just geography." Stars

This was a very nice little story. Not too much to it, but I did like the two MCs very much and the story was good. I will read book two very soon. Happy reading!
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
Buddy reading with my girl Cowboy Luvin' Carrie! Looks like a fun read.

Review:

I thought this was a very enjoyable little read. I got to see the Australian version of cowboys, which are jackaroos or Stockmen. And a ranch is a Station or homestead.. I loved the heroine and the hero. It was just a great little love story. The hero has an identical twin, I was rooting for ménage going into the book, but quickly changed my mind.

This book is a great palate cleanser.
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
I have never read a Cowboy…Stockman romance before. I was pleased with the development of the story, characters, and romance. Amazon was offering the first book "Misplaced Princess” (Foreign Affairs Series) for free and I thought what the heck it’s gotten good reviews I’ll give it a try. I was not disappointed.

Our heroine Annie throws caution to the wind and flies to Australia to meet Dylan a guy she has been talking too online. Miscommunication happens and Dylan is on his way to New York to
Lisa Kay
(This is a review of the audiobook.) Loved this book. LOL! While I did received the Kindle format as a “freebie,” I listened to the audio via Amazon’s Whipersync (at a reduced price). I loved India Plum’s narration, with her raspy Aussie accent.

This one is fun, fun, fun! Loved both main characters and the setting. I bought the set-up (I won’t tell you why) ...and felt my pulse pounding from that first kiss.

For some reason I had forgotten this was an erotic novel, so my eyebrows raised when I
MelissaB
Cute little story with an Aussie hero!
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
3 - OK decent reads.
=======================
Heather in FL
I'd say this was a typical Mari Carr, but then that almost sounds like you wouldn't need to read it, lol. But this was different, and that's probably Lexxie Couper's influence. I mean it read very much like a Mari Carr story, but there was a definite Aussie slant to it -- they were in Australia after all. :-) And learning the lingo along with Annie was kind of fun. I had no idea! Now, if I ever make it to the Australian Outback, I might not sound so much like an idiot, lol.

Anyway, I liked how
Roksana
SELF NOTE:

Thank you Erika..this one sounds like "not for me either"

Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur )
I do love a cowboy or jackaroo in this case. Austrailian twin cowboys? Come on ladies, what's not to love? Hot accent, Hard working, Buff, Hot as hell men! Sign me up!

It was a fun, quick read.
Coco.V
Aug 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (8/7/2019)! ...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

When I started reading this book I had a feeling I would really enjoy it, but I don't think I was expecting to love it as much as I did. MISPLACED PRINCESS was just riveting, once I started it I really found it hard to put it down. I just had to know what happened next.

The premise itself of course it's great and different. Annie Prince is the daughter of a media mogul in the US, her sisters have their own reality TV show and her co-workers don't take her
Kim
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I am a huge Mari Carr fan and this is my first Lexxie Couper story. Lexxie has a new fan now!

Mari Carr and Lexxie Couper had me hooked instantly, jumping right into the story. I admit though, I was panicked when I started this book. I thought, Oh no! What are they doing??!! How is this going to end happily every after? But, oh how it did!

Annie is a young woman with an interesting life. She has a very wealthy father, but she is determined to stand on her own two feet. She is uncomfortable in the
Deborah
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this audiobook and was blown-away! India Plum narrated this book and she was wonderful! This takes place in Australia and her accent was phenomenal!!

Annie Prince, spur the moment, jumps on a plane from New York to Sydney. She's meeting Dylan Sullivan, whom she met at an online dating site. Once there, she finds she and Dylan got their wires crossed. She's stranded in Australia and Dylan is in New York! Dylan's twin brother, Hunter, still at the airport, saves the day, and takes
Tabatha
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Everything about the story appealed to me. The two characters couldn't be more adorable if they tried, and I think they were perfectly matched despite the circumstances of their acquaintance. Annie might have felt like she was down on her luck, but I think fate had her best interest at heart. Hunter was such a sweet guy and trying to do the right thing, but chemistry and passion couldn't be denied. I was so glad that things worked out for this couple in the end, and I can't wait to read the next ...more
Debra Johnson
Princess by Mari Carr
Genres; Adult, Contemporary, Romance
2 Stars

You can tell this is an old one of Ms. Carr's.
I just couldn't get into it.
Very slow moving. Even at 36% I still haven't come to anything 'Adult'.

This reads more like a young adult or new adult romance.
I've tried numerous times to get into it. It is not for me.
So I am counting it done.
Victoria
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.0 RATING- I've had this book on my kindle forever and finally got around to reading it and was surprised that I liked it as much as I did. There's not a lot to work with but I thought the storyline was cute, the writing was good, the characters were likable, and the steam was well done. All in all, a nice little read I was able to pick up for free! I actually went on a bit of a Mari Carr binge after reading this book and none of her books disappointed. Glad I found this author!
Nikki
After reading this I have a strong urge to take a trip to the Outback and find my own Aussie cowboy! ;) So freaking hot and so freaking good! Love this author and can't wait to read Dylan's book next!
Just ok. Three stars is almost too much.
A little corny and quick HEA
Jujubee
Pretty quick, satisfying, if not predictable, forced proximity troupe.
I liked the hero, Hunter "The Steadfast Noble." At 30, he came across as comfortable in his boots, albeit much less worldly or educated than Annie at 28. His character fit the story.
It was our heroine's character, while overall likeable, just had so many battling idiosyncrasies, so indecisive AND impulsive, that she came across to me as way too immature to be the described worldly, intelligent, and driven magazine journalist
J.S. Snow
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm unfamiliar with Mari Carr's work, but thanks to this collaboration with one of my all time favorite writers Lexxie Cooper, I'm about to find out more about her. This read was a delight and even more so because it was FREE! If you ever want to try out an Aussie's work, you have no more excuses! The writing is spot on brilliant, the story line is funny and engaging and the sex is hot and steamy throughout. Immediately downloaded the next and am looking forward to Dylan's story. After that, I'm ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
KcLu's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

4.75 Stars

Misplaced Princess is a great start to a great series by two greats, Mari Carr and Lexxie Couper. In this first book we have a big mix up that ends up being a blessing in disguise.

Annie Prince thinks she is flying out to meet the great guy she has been emailing an IMing in Australia, but she gets there to find out he hadn’t challenged her to go there he is on his way to New York. She talked her way into getting vacation time by telling her boss
Dragana
Will you like (or not) Misplaced Princess? It all falls down to one thing: will you be able to accept the premise of the book: Annie flies around the world (from New York to Sydney) to meet a guy whom she met online. Sadly, he's not there but his identical twin brother is. Insta-love (and lust) happens. After some moral dilemma about poaching on brothers territory, we get a lot of steamy sex.

I just could not believe it. If I chatted with a guy for months (and built a trusting connection with him
Heather
Nov 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Misplaced Princess had all the makings of a great missed connection romance. The heroine goes to Australia just as the man she's supposed to meet is flying from Australia to her native New York to meet her there. But that's okay, because the guy's brother is still in Australia to hang out with.

While I don't have an objection to the way this book introduced the hero and heroine, I felt like the entire book was rushed. If the heroine is willing to go literally to the other end of the planet to
Ree
Apr 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a classic case of crossed wires and miscommunication, Annie Prince has found herself in Australia, while her "soul mate", Dylan, has gone to New York to meet her. However, on meeting his identical twin, she finds herself reconsidering her original choice, as well as her life, overall. Hunter is instantly attracted to Annie, but is on tenterhooks since she originally came to the outback for Dylan. As time goes on, he finds he can't keep his eyes and hands off her - and neither does he want to. ...more
Julia
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the humor in this book. I'm not big on cheesy romance, and this wasn't at all cheesy but instead funny and very sexual. But I loved the characters and the comedy and it's just a great, well-written romance.
Laz the Sailor
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut, short, z-2016-botb
This is a cute story of an accidental meeting growing into a deep love affair. The authors describe Australia well, and they keep the number of players to a minimum, which is important in a novella. I'll be reading the other 4 in the set.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Love With An Imperfect Cowboy (Lone Star Dynasty, #1)
  • Heather (Hart Land Book 1)
  • Just the Way You Are
  • Picture Perfect Lie (Kings of Castle Beach, #1)
  • Charming Cupid (Steamy Weekends #1)
  • The Beach Wedding (Married in Malibu, #1)
  • Lovestruck (Lucky in Love, #3)
  • Wedding Of The Century
  • My Best Friend's Mardi Gras Wedding (Boys of the Bayou, #1)
  • Aaron (Hathaway House #1)
  • Montana Fire (Montana Promises #3)
  • Forever In My Heart (Forever, #6)
  • About Love (Just About #1)
  • Ripped (Contract Killers #1)
  • Tempting Levi (Cade Brothers, #1)
  • The Proposal (A Perfect Match #1)
  • The Hotel (A Billionaire Seduction, #1)
  • The Naughty List (Make Mine A Menage, #1)
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list. A New York Times and USA TODAY bestseller, Mari’s computer is now jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends.
Mari writes contemporary sexy romance novels. To learn more about her spicy stories, click here.
Join her newsletter so you don't miss new releases and for exclusive subscriber-only content.
Find Mari on

Crossed Wires (4 books)
  • Claiming Her Cowboy (Crossed Wires, #2)
  • Finding Her Master (Crossed Wires, #3)
  • Sharing Their Lover (Crossed Wires, #4)
“The idea of spending any more time in the air was as appealing as a trip to the gynecologist, but she held her peace.” 1 likes