Start by marking “Into Deep Waters” as Want to Read:

Into Deep Waters

(Deep Waters #1)

Dear Author,
Published May 8th 2012 by M/M Romance Group

To ask other readers questions about Into Deep Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into Deep Waters

Start your review of Into Deep Waters
Judith
LOVED IT.

All the stars for this amazing story.

We met onboard, both of us so very young - still in our teens - but we were old enough to serve our country. And against all odds, and the many risks involved, we fell in love and have managed to stay together for the last 60 years. Now, as our time together inevitably gets shorter and shorter, I can’t wait any longer for the right to finally marry the man I’ve loved all these years.

“Where you are is home,” Daniel said urgently in his ear
LenaRibka
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing

AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, INTENSE AND EMOTIONAL!

I know now WHY I was waiting too long with reading this book.

I name you just some reasons:
- I'm not a big fan of a mainstream mm-romance.
- I'm not a big fan of an instalove story.
- I'm not a big fan of an epic love book.
- I like Kaje Harper.

Please, if you have not read it yet BECAUSE you have the same doubts I listed above, just do it.

Jacob and Daniel.

When they met. 1941.

And when they got married. 2011.

I have no idea if I can classify it as a main
Baba
Oh my, what a beautiful story. Baba is bawling her eyes out right now. Into Deep Waters is such an emotionally-charged story that will leave you smiling and crying all at the same time. It's one of the best freebies that I've ever read.

Photobucket

5 very emotional stars!

Daniel Acardi, Seaman Second Class, met Jacob Segal, pharmacist's mate, onboard in April 1942. It's the beginning of a deep, inspiring and beautiful love story.

STORY LETTER

Dear Author,

We met onboard, both of us so very young - still in o
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio – 5+++ stars!! Kaleo Griffith wowed me!! What a voice and performance! As the characters aged, so did his voice. Like I said…Wow!!

Story – 5+++ stars!!

What a stunning story!! I had this shelved away for years. Thanks to the recent and wonderful reviews by several GR friends, I was reminded of this treasure. And a treasure is exactly what this story is.

It says a lot about an author who can write a LOVE story that involves a lot of time jumps that span over 60 years in under 200 pages withou
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5 STARS

Oh my gawd! What a beautiful, heartwarming, emotional story. This was my first book by Kaje Harper and most definitely won’t be my last. Very well written, “Into Deep Waters” is a wonderful story about life, true love and so much more. It’s a story about two men who start a relationship in a time of war, in a time when being gay was practically forbidden. Despite many obstacles and everything life throw at them, they are still together, loving each other after 69 years.

description

“You're
The Bursting Bookshelf of a Wallflower
Into Deep Waters is incredibly intense, breathtaking and heartwarming.

It's an epic love story and it will show you what unconditional love really means.

I won't write a long review for this one! Into Deep Waters left me speechless with its powerful emotions and I can truely recommend it to everyone out there interested in reading about strong and passionate couples.

Slowly the ring of their entwined hair slipped below the surface. Another moment and it was gone from sight, heading downwards,
Michelle
5+++ You Are My Home Stars!
WOW! Who knew a not so sexy cover would end up being such a great book that will stick with me for a long time. Of course I buddy read this with Kirsten. We kept saying...ok let's read the old man book next. Roflmao! Defiantly don't judge a book by its cover. lol There are no words to describe how much I loved this book. It gave me all the feels. Soooo many feels!!

After the attack on Pearl Harbor Daniel 19 yrs old and Jacob 18 yrs old meet on the Navy ship Gageway in 1
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5 Love of a Lifetime Stars!

OMG, what a lovely love story!

photo at_zpsopmucs03.gif

Spanning 69 years, surviving a World War and a time when their choices were not understood. Nothing was going to stop Jacob and Daniels love.

Simply a wonderful story. I am so glad I picked this one up!

photo Jacobanddaniel_zpsgqieamqe.jpg
Moony Eliver
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Moony by: Elena and Judith
I haven’t validated this, but I feel sure that the word “poignant” has been used often to describe this book. And that’s accurate but the story is much more than that, too. It’s beguiling and heartwarming.

I am rapidly falling in love with Kaje Harper’s writing. This one was much different than the first I read by her, but in both she demonstrated such a skillful way of using only a few words to evoke enormous emotions. As you’d expect from a gay relationship that began during WWII, Into Deep Wat
Jerry
Meags
4.5 Stars

Into Deep Waters is a beautiful and affecting love story, spanning decades and continents, through times of war, adversity and personal hardships.

This was a wildly romantic story, following two young sailors (Jacob and Daniel) who meet and fall in love in 1943 while serving in WWII.

Their story is one of loyalty, love and friendship, chronicling a lifetime of highs and lows and everything in between, which ultimately makes up a life well-lived.

The fact that this story is FREE just blows
Josy
WOW!
What an amazing love story! It made me all kinds of happy and sad and it made me cry. So yeah, lots of feelings and beautifully written!
Ami
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Daniel Arcadi and Jacob Segal first met on their late teens, back in 1942, when both were part of the crews of USS Gageway, during World War 2. Daniel was Second Seaman and Jacob was pharmacist's mate. The two souls stroke a chord of friendship that soon turned into deeper relationship, when both men realized they had feeling for each other. A feeling that is so strong, that spans more than six decades ...

Oh, wow, Kaje Harper, you've DONE it again. This is what EPIC love story should be done.

Abo
Exina
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-romance
Beautiful story! Review later.
Kirsten
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kirsten by: ✦❋Arianna✦❋
4+ stars!

photo image.jpg1_zpsyyc4pt7y.jpg
"Where you are is home."

Into Deep Waters was a beautiful tale about two men finding one another during awful times. The two struggle to not only to survive the war, but their feelings for one another in a time when being gay is not accepted.

During WW II, on the ship the Gageway, Daniel and Jacob meet. They become friends, and soon the underlying passion that they have for one another surfaces. They must keep everything hidden, as the repercussions of their feelings and acts c
Vivian
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-hist
Wow. Simply gorgeous love story.

Some things are just meant to be, and Daniel and Jacob's love is one of them. Flickering into being during dark times, they do what they can to see each other through the Pacific Theater during World War II. More than illicit, they dodge suspicion to be together. More intriguing is how they succeed after the war and return to "normal" civilian life.

Harper does a great job weaving a story, setting a realistic scene without being macabre and allows the characters t
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

Simply an emotional, heartfelt tale about how Jacob and Daniel meet and fall in love during the turmoil of WWII, as this chronicles their relationship through that harrowing time, as well as what comes after.

Overall, a feel good, smexy, realistic look at two people living and loving through terrible and ordinary times, and doing it well over the entirety of their lives.
BWT
Belens Audio Book Review

I almost made a enormous mistake. Because when I was offered a chance to read this story I almost said no because it's a little outside my usual preferred romance genre era. And that would have been an mistake of gigantic proportion because this book slayed me in all the best ways.

Covering sixty-nine years of friendship, loyalty, and love this story uplifted me, broke my heart a little, then mended it, then filled it up. I love these characters so much.

Brilliant

I don't know if it was Kaje Harper's beauti
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Holy shit. I cried so hard I was a little ashamed of myself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's to all the Jacobs and Daniels in the world who found love and fought to hold onto it. We love you guys.
Eugenia
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A true love story.

I still have tears in my eyes as I write this after finishing this incredible love story. It was beautifully real, honest, moving, heart wrenching, sexy, and, above all, inspiring.

A love story that spans wars and decades.

Read it.
Bev
 photo reviewing_audiobooks_icon_zpsfdtqfy0w.jpg

photo rainbowlovedogtags_zpsa7ab0876.jpg

Millions of truly outstanding stars. The story was brilliant (and still free), the characters, the pacing, the LOVE....just EVERYTHING was amazing, and at one point I had tears rolling down my face AND was chuckling at the same time [get towards the end of the story, you'll know which part I mean]. I know I would've have been thrilled to bits with this story if I was a gay guy...Kaje absolutely wrote it from the heart.

How CAN it be right that a couple can be in a relationship for 26 ye
Sofia
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it

Celebration of US, LIFE, and LOVE

Loved their story with an emphasis onTHEIR. It is heartwarming to read in these days of ME. The daily together is as tough as the big events in our lives and if not taken care of can easily steal away precious treasures. Treasures which we envy in others and read about in our beloved books but which we can blindly discard in moments of doubts.

Their creating and living a life together, in spite of all the challenges big and small, gives me hope that yes it can
Caipi
Wow, it's a long time since I read or listened to a book that touched me like this one did!
Daniel and Jacob, two young men, not even twenty years old, meet on a Navy ship during WWII.
They fall in love and the author Kaje Harper tells us the story of their life in an incredible way. The main part of the book is the forties and early fifties, but as the time gaps grow, we get to follow them until 2011.
This is such a beautiful and emotional love story. I cried a lot of sad and happy tears for Dani
Lenore
This is a fairytale in black and white. It reminded me of those old '40s movies, where a single kiss meant everything, where what mattered most were the emotions and the commitment to one another.

The book is not without flaw. But it's so beautiful and touching and well-delivered, it was easy for me to leave its weaker aspects (especially in the second half) behind as minor bumps in the road to a great story.
Debra
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Debra by: M/M Romance BOM
What a beautiful story. Couldn't see through the tears for the last part of the book. Kaje Harper did a great job telling the story of Jacob and Daniel from the day they met in 1942 on a Navy Ship and following them through the next 70 years. The majority of the story covers their wartime romance, while the rest plays out in snippets of their lives throughout the years. A great book and I can't believe it is free! Loved it. ...more
Mark
What a little gem of a story.

Spanning over some 70 years, this book is all about love that endures. A fight for respect and recogniton of a relationship that at the beginning would never be accepted until the teary HEA end where Daniel and Jacob come full circle and can marry under today's laws. I liked the fact that Stonewall was mentioned and the controversey it caused even among the gay community, but it was also an historical turning point. Due to gay men and women like this we can now enjo
Tully Vincent
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tully by: Roger - president of NBR United -
Shelves: audiobooks
This story blew me away--a touchingly beautiful story of an enduring love. Spanning from WWII through sixty years of our heroes lives, touching briefly on important events like Stonewall--we see these men deal with not only war, but post-war trauma, family acceptance, workplace concerns, coming out, births, adopting a cat, and all the small and large changes that personal and physical relationships goes through as we age. An amazingly real, believable, and relatable story. Bravo.

I’d been meanin
Eva

Beautiful epic love story.

“Slowly the ring of their entwined hair slipped below the surface.  Another moment and it was gone from sight, heading downwards, carrying his love and Jacob's down safely this time, into deep waters.”

Anke
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5*
Have your Kleenex ready:) Although I don't like reading historicals, Kaje Harper is rapidly moving to the author to buy regardless the topic of her writing. This is another example of her wonderful way of telling a story. It remembered a little bit of Lynne's Seasons series, as it deals with the relationship over a long period of time and how it changes along the years. Why not 5*? Well, I would have loved to read more about their life and not only a few highlights and compared to the span o
Simon
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this freebie download 10 stars I would. This is a gay man's novel. A relationship that spans nearly 70 years from the furtive fumblings of youth, to the angst of sexual intercourse between two men, to the relationship and eventually to the surprise.
I wept, I admit I wept all the way through this novel but though happiness and recognition. The two main characters are so very well portrayed, the story, from WWII to 2011....so well written.
I'm tearing up just remembering.
Kaje....You
Kindle Smut: JUN 2012 M/M Smut: Into Deep Waters 13 27 Jun 21, 2012 06:29AM

• Semper Fi
  • Beyond the Sea
  • Learning to Feel
  • Bossy
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • We Have Till Dawn
  • By the Light of Dawn (Morgan & Grant, #2)
  • Grumpy Bear (Bear Camp, #1)
  • The Murder Between Us
  • Down Low (Down Home #1)
  • Memorizing You
  • The Student Prince (The Student Prince, #1)
  • Swept Away
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • The Story of Us
  • Long Way Home
  • The Rest of Forever
  • The Last Kiss
I get asked about my name a lot. It's not something exotic, though. “Kaje” is pronounced just like “cage” – it’s an old nickname, and my pronouns are she/her/hers.

I was born in Montreal but have lived for 30 years in Minnesota, where the two seasons are Snow-removal and Road-repair, where the mosquito is the state bird, and where winter can be breathtakingly beautiful. Minnesota’s a kind, quiet (i

Deep Waters (2 books)
  • Can’t Hurt to Believe (Deep Waters, #1.5)

News & Interviews

“Daniel snorted. "You are such a cynic."
"You're such a romantic."
"Yeah. Isn't diversity grand?”
2 likes