Start by marking “Tortured Hearts - A Collection of Twisted Tales of Love #1” as Want to Read:
Tortured Hearts - A Collection of Twisted Tales of Love #1

Tortured Hearts - A Collection of Twisted Tales of Love #1

What is Love?
And why should it impact so differently on each and every one of us?

We can neither touch, smell, see nor hear it, and yet we know it exists, for it is an experience like no other, appearing in an instant or gradually easing into our lives.

It is such a powerful emotion, that we may find ourselves swept up, spun around and wrung out; sometimes in ecstasy, somet
Published July 19th 2012 by www.inkslingerbooks.co.uk (first published May 5th 2012)

Be the first to ask a question about Tortured Hearts - A Collection of Twisted Tales of Love #1

Lisa
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Stories of heartache but not as we normally percieve it. The stories vary so widely and all touch you in a different way. I highly recommend that you make no plans for an hour or so as one story is not enough........
A.J. Armitt
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I had the great pleasure of editing this book, and it was a joy to work with all the authors who took part in it.

I've given this book 5 stars, (not for my stories, LOL), but for the tales by my fellow writers.

A great collection that explores many different aspects of love.
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
May 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
~~** Originally posted @ ReadingDiva's Blogt - Rating 4.5 of 5**~~

Review: Tortured Hearts is a collection of well written, short stories that shows how vulnerable we are when it comes to love and what we are capable of doing in the name of love.

Daddy’s Girl by A.J. Armitt is a fascinating story about a father’s love for his daughter and a daughter’s devotion to her father. If you were put in a position to choose between life and death which would you choose? Don’t be so eager to answer consider
Rachel
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
As full disclosure, I am one of the authors in the book, but the other stories, aside from mine, are all five star reads, I am proud to be part of this book. Why not try it and see what you think?

Rachel Dove

Merged review:

Rachel Dove
Maureen Vincent-Northam
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Tortured Hearts is a collection of ten shorts with, as the title suggests, a sinister twist on the theme of love.

With all such collections where the stories are written by different authors, readers will invariably have their particular favourites as I did myself, but each of the tales in this book has something to recommend it.
Nashia
May 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I actually enjoyed reading these stories of love that's been twisted. I really liked the black curtain that's applied to the tales. You don't know the whole story until the curtain is slowly lifted to reveal the twist. I love twists. I don't want to be too spoilerly, just look out for the stories written by AJ Armitt.
S.J.A. Turney
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There are some truly classic tales here.

I would issue a warning straight away that a number of them are not for the faint-hearted (I am known for my violent battle scenes and yet I quailed at a few things in this collection).

That doesn't however, stop them being eminently readable. I consider the highlights to be Threads of Love by Rachel Dove, which stood out for me, and A Mother's Love by Paul Murphy that left me stunned.

They're bite-sized stories told by some exceptional storytellers and I ur
Gayle
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Loved this collection of short stories. For those of us who like the darker side of love stories. Will be seeking out the other collections in this series.
Crystal
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. Was well written.
Femaleangelus
Betty Blue
rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2016
Michael Alao
rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2014